PDA

View Full Version : Trade Board

FVR
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Wonder if the owner of the site has ever thought of a "Trade Board", no money, no selling just trading? Just survivla goods, no bs, no firearms, stuff like fire making equip., pouches, blankets, etc.............

Example: I'll trade ya a knapped spearhead for a fire bow, or a home made knife for a mil. canteen and cup.

Just wondering.

Chris
09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Well one problem with that is liability. Say someone posts for a trade and ends up getting ripped off. Technically I'd have no legal liability, but that won't necessarily stop them from thinking I do and getting all angry at me for letting someone steal using my site.

So I could atleast ban the thief right? Well, what if the thief denies it, and says the other person ripped him off?

So now they have to prove it, and I have to moderate proof submitted and decide which proof is more valid?

Just one big headache.

That being said, if you have something you want to give away or trade, post it, I'll allow that, but making a separate area for it would only make it more official or sanctioned and that isn't something I wish to get into. Not yet anyways.

Sarge47
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Wonder if the owner of the site has ever thought of a "Trade Board", no money, no selling just trading? Just survivla goods, no bs, no firearms, stuff like fire making equip., pouches, blankets, etc.............

Example: I'll trade ya a knapped spearhead for a fire bow, or a home made knife for a mil. canteen and cup.

Just wondering.

Me trade-um Owl Girl for knife, if Owl Girl be "down wid-it"!:D

FVR
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
l lodgepoled her at Dead Wolf Creek
and traded her for a Hawkin gun!

Sarge47
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
l lodgepoled her at Dead Wolf Creek
and traded her for a Hawkin gun!

Reminds me of a Tee-shirt I saw awhile back; it read: "I got a brand new fishing Rod for my wife, best trade I ever made!":rolleyes:

owl_girl
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
You guys are so weird lol

Sarge47
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
You guys are so weird lol

Okay, the knife was a bit on the "low-ball" side, but a "Hawken"! Dang!:rolleyes: