PDA

View Full Version : Elephant damage

Jay
12-15-2008, 01:58 AM
A few pics of property damage caused by wild elephants in SL. all this plus two more houses were damaged in one night by one elephant.

klkak
12-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Looks like someone should be having elephant backstraps for dinner.

RBB
12-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Kinda puts my rodent problem into perspective....

crashdive123
12-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Man - if they had elephants here, my business would be booming.

chiangmaimav
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Over here there are signs posted for elephant crossings, same as deer crossings in US. Every year people are killed by running into them with motorbikes. One killed a man in field next to my house. The elephant was resting there and the guy who owned the land ,who was drunk, tried to chase elephant away and it killed him. You have to stay clear of watering holes after 3pm, also, as the elephants generally come around after that time.

rockymtnchief
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Over here there are signs posted for elephant crossings, same as deer crossings in US. Every year people are killed by running into them with motorbikes. One killed a man in field next to my house. The elephant was resting there and the guy who owned the land ,who was drunk, tried to chase elephant away and it killed him. You have to stay clear of watering holes after 3pm, also, as the elephants generally come around after that time.

:eek: I don't think I'd even try to chase an elephant with a Peterbilt!

Sarge47
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
...and I thought that the invasion of field mice I've been battling was bad!:eek:

chiangmaimav
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
The elephants are really amazing. I work on mountain search and rescue and we use elephants to transport injured people as they can go anywhere. They have elephant football here, where elephants play what we call soccer in US. There is also an elephant band, where elephants play musical instruments. They even jam and make up their own jazz tunes. I am not kidding. They aren't bad, and are actually much better than much of the music I hear on the radio. You can buy their CDs. There are also elephants who paint pictures.

Sarge47
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
The elephants are really amazing. I work on mountain search and rescue and we use elephants to transport injured people as they can go anywhere. They have elephant football here, where elephants play what we call soccer in US. There is also an elephant band, where elephants play musical instruments. They even jam and make up their own jazz tunes. I am not kidding. They aren't bad, and are actually much better than much of the music I hear on the radio. You can buy their CDs. There are also elephants who paint pictures.
...So do you have an elephant named Dumbo who can fly?:D:eek::rolleyes::cool:

chiangmaimav
12-16-2008, 02:03 AM
There is an elephant I call Dumbo because his ears are exceptionally large, almost like an African elephant. He is old and grumpy, and I give him alot of room.

crashdive123
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Sarge - Move to General Chat