PDA

View Full Version : A "TWO" Dog Night, but the moon is Bright

Sourdough
12-13-2008, 08:55 AM
-9* below zero Fahrenheit. And if not a two dog night, at least a 1 1/2 dog :confused: night. With 31" of fresh snow this week and a huge full moon, it is bright enough to hunt and shoot with open sights. Only thing missing is the Northern Lights. Maybe three puppies and one big dog, that should be about right for the night.......:):):)

crashdive123
12-13-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't recall the name of it, but last night the moon was the closest it will be to the earth all year. It looked BIG.

Sourdough
12-13-2008, 09:20 AM
And we could both look at the same moon at the same time, from locations thousands of miles apart. The moon came up here at 8:10 Eastern Standard Time, 4:10 AK. Std. Time. But it was warmer there I would guess. I wonder what the all time record low temperature for Florida is.....?

chiangmaimav
12-13-2008, 09:25 AM
The moon was also supposed to be the biggest all year yesterday here in Thailand, but tonight it looks even bigger. Right now it is 8:30 pm here, 9:30 am in Florida.

palerider
12-13-2008, 09:38 AM
-27 celsious bright full moon could see the horse from inside the house then cloud cover about midnight and more snow but warmer

erunkiswldrnssurvival
12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
It was in the 40's here last nite huge moon, clear skies, the Dog Moon...

backtobasics
12-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Cold here too, and i live in california (not as cold as Alaska tho). I think a storm is coming from up north. Monday night is supose to get down to 6*F. We got a little snow last night and we expect snow for the next 10 days at least. Winter is here, we need it tho. Its been very dry.

wildWoman
12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Still waiting for real winter here...last night was the coldest we've had so far, -16C/+5F, which is a joke. Normally we'd have had a couple cold spells already. Lake is still not starting to freeze up; it's always either too warm or cold and too windy. Easy on the wood pile though...

crashdive123
12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
And we could both look at the same moon at the same time, from locations thousands of miles apart. The moon came up here at 8:10 Eastern Standard Time, 4:10 AK. Std. Time. But it was warmer there I would guess. I wonder what the all time record low temperature for Florida is.....?

Record low for Florida is -2* F. I've been in Florida for about 19 years and the coldest I've seen it has been about 15* F.

Sourdough
12-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow, I would have never got close if that was a quiz question. Now riddle me this, why is the cold more painfully the older one gets. It warmed up to -1* so I went for a walk, and it felt like -30* or more. It hurt to the degree I vowed to recheck the thermometer, thinking I had misread it. But by then it was a balmy +2* above. I need more dogs, or a fat women........:):):)

Preferable one with a cabin two block outside of He11.

crashdive123
12-13-2008, 08:58 PM
All this time on line.....you're getting soft.

Sourdough
12-13-2008, 09:20 PM
All this time on line.....you're getting soft.

SAD, but true......Sad, but true.:(

tsitenha
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Or just arthritis making a home in your body, shows more with age. I have a 3 day lead time on local storms, unfortunately it storms every 2 days so far :(

dolfan87
12-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Wow, I would have never got close if that was a quiz question. Now riddle me this, why is the cold more painfully the older one gets. It warmed up to -1* so I went for a walk, and it felt like -30* or more. It hurt to the degree I vowed to recheck the thermometer, thinking I had misread it. But by then it was a balmy +2* above. I need more dogs, or a fat women........:):):)

Preferable one with a cabin two block outside of He11.

Plenty of fat women actually live here, and the home prices are very reasonable. Unless of course you were talking about moving 2 blocks WEST of Hell, that would be across the lake. ;)

doug1980
12-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey hopeak, when will we be able to see the northern lights up here? I thought we would have seen them already.

Sourdough
12-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Hey hopeak, when will we be able to see the northern lights up here? I thought we would have seen them already.

Could happen any night. I think NOAA has a system of forecasting heavy aurora activity. They are much better north of here a bit. If you are real lucky you get to hear them make noise. But you need to be away from all other man made noises. They hum and moan, and if they are whipping real fast they can pop or crack.

doug1980
12-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Could happen any night. I think NOAA has a system of forecasting heavy aurora activity. They are much better north of here a bit. If you are real lucky you get to hear them make noise. But you need to be away from all other man made noises. They hum and moan, and if they are whipping real fast they can pop or crack.

Wow I didn't know they made noise. That's cool I hope it stays clear enough to see them. Doubt we'll hear them it's noisey on base. Thanks for the info.

rockymtnchief
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Had to work all night in -25F (-40 wind chill). I came home this morning moving slower than a 90 year old man.

crashdive123
01-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Sarge - Move to General Chat