PDA

View Full Version : Powdered Non-Dairy Creamer

Foxman
12-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Heck with matches and lighters and lighter fluid.
If you take less than a teaspoon of powdered, non-dairy creamer, and let one spark hit it, it will combust and stay alight for longer than you would think. I saw it once on TV and I tried it. Different brands have different results. My favorite is Coffee Mate. It also smells really good when it smokes. :] Plus, it looks like a creme brulee when it's dried. Haha
I just thought that would be fun to throw out. But be warned. This stuff is powerful. if you were to light the whole container on fire at once, the flame would turn into a 20 ft fireball. So really, don't use much. Here's a video clip of the mythbusters doing this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRw4ZRqmxOc&feature=related I know this is a crapload of creamer, but it'll but it in prespective for you. They used about 500 pounds of it, but still... A lot of it blew away and didn't catch and still they ended up with a 100 ft fireball :eek::D

Pal334
12-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Heck with matches and lighters and lighter fluid.
If you take less than a teaspoon of powdered, non-dairy creamer, and let one spark hit it, it will combust and stay alight for longer than you would think. I saw it once on TV and I tried it. Different brands have different results. My favorite is Coffee Mate. It also smells really good when it smokes. :] Plus, it looks like a creme brulee when it's dried. Haha
I just thought that would be fun to throw out. But be warned. This stuff is powerful. if you were to light the whole container on fire at once, the flame would turn into a 20 ft fireball. So really, don't use much. Here's a video clip of the mythbusters doing this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRw4ZRqmxOc&feature=related I know this is a crapload of creamer, but it'll but it in prespective for you. They used about 500 pounds of it, but still... A lot of it blew away and didn't catch and still they ended up with a 100 ft fireball :eek::D

I am a half and half guy with my coffee. BUT dare I say that was COOL;) May try that experiment and a much smaller scale. Thanks

crashdive123
12-07-2008, 08:42 AM
When I was in the Boy Scouts we used hot chocolate mix.

rockymtnchief
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I must've missed that Myth Busters. Thanks for the tip!

Sourdough
12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
When I was in the Boy Scouts we used hot chocolate mix.

Did not know they had Boy Scouts, way, way, Way Back then...:):):)

crashdive123
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Now, now....BSA was started in 1910. Hot chocolate mix on the other hand.........:D

Foxman
12-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Haha. Yeah. It's pretty cool. And I never tried hot chocolate mix. I'll give it a shot now. But I'm glad you guys like it.

Ole WV Coot
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Don't derail or hijack any of the VANILLA creamer. We have a guy on here that would probably beat up grizzlies if he didn't get his fix. Must be bad coffee he makes.

crashdive123
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, was thinking that Hope might be clutching at his chest if he thought it was French Vanilla creamer.

Pal334
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM

You can tell I am bored here at home:eek: Non Dairy eh? (click for a larger version)

Foxman
12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Hahaha. that's funny :]

crashdive123
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
OK, I feel like I have to say this. ***Caution*** Things like powdered creamer, hot chocolate, flour, grain dust, etc. are extremely flamable when they are in the air. Do not play a game with it!

ericka
12-10-2008, 04:38 PM
foxman thanks for the tip. I am going to experiment with this.

catfish10101
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Actually, on that episode of Mythbusters, before they shot the huge fireball, they tested about a cup (I think) to see if it was flammable. The stuff went up like gunpowder!! BE CAREFULL AND START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT TO SEE WHAT IT WILL DO!! I THINK MOST OF YOU SHOULD HAVE SUPERVISION FROM A RESPONSABLE ADULT FOR THIS!!! ....others should probably seek mental help. LOL!!!

rockymtnchief
12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
foxman thanks for the tip. I am going to experiment with this.

I smell singed eyebrows! :p

Foxman
12-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Your welcome man :] Glad I can help.

primeelite
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Haha now I will have to pull out the lighter when I am making a cup of hot chocolate and test it out. I won't be able to make a cup until I at least try to light some of it, it will bug the crap out of me.

crashdive123
12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I smell singed eyebrows! :p

or a call to the fire department.

crashdive123
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Sarge - Move to General Chat

bulrush
01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
It's true. We had a plant that makes non-dairy creamer around here. A few years back it blew up. When this stuff gets in the air as a fine dust--WHOOM!

dogfood
08-31-2016, 02:07 AM
it is pretty cool, thanks for the tip.
Non dairy creamer is widely used as emulsifier, flavor enhancer, whitener in food production. As emulsifier, flavor enhancer, whitener: in cereal, baking food and infant formula to promote emusification and improve mouth feel.

Rick
08-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. Whenever you cut and paste information from another site we ask that you give that site credit to avoid plagiarism. Thanks.

hunter63
08-31-2016, 10:24 AM
it is pretty cool, thanks for the tip.
Non dairy creamer is widely used as emulsifier, flavor enhancer, whitener in food production. As emulsifier, flavor enhancer, whitener: in cereal, baking food and infant formula to promote emusification and improve mouth feel.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome
Looks like from here.....?

http://www.foodchemadditives.com/applications-uses/2021