PDA

View Full Version : upcoming holidays

wildWoman
12-03-2008, 05:34 PM
What are you guys all planning for the Christmas season? Going on any trips? Eating good food? Visiting with friends and family or getting the hell away from them?

Riverrat
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
We are heading up to Edmuston, northern NB to visit with family on the 27th, not much other then that. Hope to have a quite Christmas home. How about you? Do you head out for Christmas or just stay home?

Sourdough
12-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Someone came and visited me three years ago, said they would be back soon. Last visiter I had was three years ago........:):):)

crashdive123
12-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Visiting with the In-Laws mid December (there's gonna be way too much food). Quiet and at home on Christmas with some work at the City Rescue Mission.

Tony uk
12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Going to my grandparents house for christmas dinner. Mmmmmmm I can taste it now :D

crashdive123
12-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Haggis and cranberries?

trax
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Haggis and cranberries?

How did you know that? :)

FVR
12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
We had everyone over for Thanksgiving, so for the Christmas holidays, they can keep their arses home. Stay away, go away, be gone with you.

We don't have any special plans, but with the kiddy's, ya know we are going to be on the move.

I may just take one whole day, one day out of the year, (this year)LOL, and go into the woods with me, myself, and I. Grab the trout pole and the 22wmr, try for a few cold late season trout. Stop close to noon and make a small fire, heat up some water and make a hot cup of tea, eat some smoked fish, or better yet cook a trout that I may have caught earlier.

Can you say.........DREAMING?

wareagle69
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Someone came and visited me three years ago, said they would be back soon. Last visiter I had was three years ago........:):):)

another reason your my hero
i have spent so many holidays alone that i have gotten to like it now that i have a wife she has family and some i would not care to spend time with but because i love my wife i will make the effert to spend a few hours on christmas day there but thankfully i have the homestead as an excuse to go late and leave early, the benefit of not haveing any family no pain in the arse family members

DOGMAN
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
That morning I will play with my newborn son, and exchange presents with my wife, then she will go to her families and have a feast and present opening extravaganza (which I am boycotting) and I will spend my Christmas Day running my dogs 50 miles. Then will have a dinner of elk steak and a baked potato alone, and cruise the forum looking for social interaction

wareagle69
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
i'll be here also friend

DOGMAN
12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Cool, lets think of a good topic before the date and then discuss it in great detail Christmas Night

wildWoman
12-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Cool, lets think of a good topic before the date and then discuss it in great detail Christmas Night

Me too, me too!!! (jumping up and down and waving frantically)

Sounds like a lovely day you got planned, Jason :) Oh hey, did you guys settle on a name for the baby yet?

I just found a couple cans of crab meat that I think I'll incorporate into my Christmas meal - does anyone know of a good recipe??? Don't think I've ever made anything with it before :(
Other than that, planning on a long walk to my favourite look-out spot with the dogs, making popcorn and partying with the furry friends. Hoping for moose visitors. Oh and chatting with you guys. Can we incorporate moose as a topic??

crashdive123
12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Crab Quiche or Crab Cakes - yummy.

rockymtnchief
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Heck, I'll be around. I'm on call and will be spending Christmas alone.

Tony uk
12-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Haggis and cranberries?

WELL, ACTUALY. Turkey, Stuffing, Roast Potatos, Gravy, Mashed Potatos, Roast beef and yorkshire puddings

Haggis and cranberries sounds interesting, but isnt really christmasy

nell67
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I'll be around that evening,probably some in the morning too while I cook,will be going to my sisters (bigger house) for dinner for a couple of hours.

wildWoman
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Crab Quiche or Crab Cakes - yummy.

Quiche! :) What an excellent idea! Thanks Crash. Will be a bit tricky in the wood cookstove but luckily, no guests to get stressed about :D

ericka
12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I have convinced my mom to make her delicious oven fried chicken for christmas. This will be the frist time in at least 15 years i will have it.. and bk72 you CAN NOT have ALL the left overs.

crashdive123
12-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hmmmmm. Do I detect a little sibling food rilvalry?

nell67
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Hmmmmm. Do I detect a little sibling food rilvalry?
Sounds like it Crash,and it does NOT sound like she intends to send any of said chicken to QC for approval!

crashdive123
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
*shakes head* The Quality Control Department just doesn't seem to get the respect it deserves.......well not since the detailed report on the lobsters that were sent.

Badawg
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll be hiking after Christmas. Going into a canyon in the Borrego Desert that has been closed to vehicles for the last 30 years. 18 miles in, there are some native ruins that I have not seen since I was a kid. I have heard that there has been some erosion in there and want to see if more rock houses have been unearthed. Planning 1 day in, 2 days camping and 1 day out. It's about a 1800' climb up.

FVR
12-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Christmas eve, for the last two years have taken my son trout fishing. We don't catch anything but we do have fun. Secretely, gonna buy him his own pole this year.

Wife usually takes the daughter shopping.

Runs With Beer
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I have 18 to 20 coming to my cabin for Xmas, Its only 1600 SF but theres allways room for one more.

rebel
12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Christmas eve, for the last two years have taken my son trout fishing. We don't catch anything but we do have fun. Secretely, gonna buy him his own pole this year.

Wife usually takes the daughter shopping.

That sounds just about perfect for you and jr. Good luck. I guess good luck w/ their shopping too.

WMOFFGRID
12-05-2008, 01:11 AM
I have no family....but as they say family is who you are with and love....
My two children are my family....and I will open my home to my friends in the area who have no family....

wareagle69
12-05-2008, 08:56 AM
I have no family....but as they say family is who you are with and love....
My two children are my family....and I will open my home to my friends in the area who have no family....

what part of michgan are ya upper or lower?

WMOFFGRID
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
what part of michgan are ya upper or lower?
I am in the lower peninsula, West Mich.....near White Lake?

:)

chiye tanka
12-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Jason, sounds great. I'll be working both nights, I'll try to get on line for a spell.

AKS
12-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Planning on trying to relax with the wife and kids for the holidays. It is getting so cold over here. Had to put away the shorts and sandals last week. Drops down below 60 degrees F almost every night now. Water temps are dropping too, might have to rent a thicker wet suit next time I go diving.

Seems weird having the warm weather and Christmas decorations. The base residents have all sorts of inflatable snow globes with blowers, snow men and santas in their yards, it is more than a little tacky.

crashdive123
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Sarge - Move to General Chat