PDA

View Full Version : it takes patience

wareagle69
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
i was able to go snow sheoing today for the first time this season its always worth playing hookey for that, but i was reminded quickley to slow down, it is easy when in familiar ground to hustle thru two things kept me slow first was getting too warm so i slowed down to enjoy the beautiful scenery, second was the new toy poodle following in my tracks but it is always important to go slowly i will prove this theory friday night when i shoe out for the night, i was able to get a fire going fairly quickly with my new strickforce firesteel but i'll get into that later

Sourdough
12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Warrior Eagle, What type of shoes and bindings do you use.....?

wildWoman
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Do you dogs always step on the tails of the snowshoes at the beginning of the winter, too?
I still have more fixing up to do on mine and keep procrastinating...but it's getting rather tricky to get firewood without the snow shoes, so I guess...maybe tomorrow...

crashdive123
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
so I guess...maybe tomorrow...

Ah yes, Why do today that which will wait until tommorrow?:D:D

wildWoman
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Exactly...I would have already fixed them if my boyfriend would have bet $50.- on me not doing it. But he didn't, so it's really his fault...:D

Riverrat
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
We are still waiting for enough snow to go snowshoeing, only have around an inch so far. We don't have a dog to walk with us, but the cat goes every time.

trax
12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, we don't have much snow yet either, and I'm wanting to take some people snowshoeing

wareagle69
12-03-2008, 08:59 PM
i have modern shoes hopeak they say easton on them www.gvsnowshoes.com

cajun swamp hunter
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
I walked on some ice I dumped out of the ice chest today. Probably as close as I will ever come to snow shoes or snow.

wareagle69
12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
so went out tonight clear sky very cold, lots of stars out the woods look so different at night in the snow kept it slow looking for a spot to camp out tommorrow night man life is great

rebel
12-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I wish we could get a few feet. It's just cold and brown. I like winter activities. Snowshoeing, camping (it's so cold you don't want to get up but, glad you did), ice fishing and eating sunnies, snowmobiling and 4 wheeling with the buds.

wareagle69
12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
i don't like machines to much noise and smell to fast not enough time spent feeling the wilds, time to just stand in the silence and listen to the bush time to smell the cold the faint wisp of a far off fire, time to listen to your thoughts time....

rebel
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
i don't like machines to much noise and smell to fast not enough time spent feeling the wilds, time to just stand in the silence and listen to the bush time to smell the cold the faint wisp of a far off fire, time to listen to your thoughts time....

....to wish you had the machine to carry your beer...

wareagle69
12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
ah ... no... no machine and no beer. personally i don't get folks who quad and snow machine and drink in the bush, but to each his own, i just prefer the quiet and stillness and even being out in the blizzards but being quiet and experiencing everything that the bush has to teach

rebel
12-04-2008, 11:18 PM
ah ... no... no machine and no beer. personally i don't get folks who quad and snow machine and drink in the bush, but to each his own, i just prefer the quiet and stillness and even being out in the blizzards but being quiet and experiencing everything that the bush has to teach

Zeneagle, I can dig the cool and quiet. Just making a funny.

rebel
12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
WE, Ive been thinking about starting a little learning enclave of my own. I've got a little piece with a mix of pine and hardwoods with a river close by. A place to test procedures and myself. Anyway, it's forming in my mind for now. Someday soon..

Riverrat
12-05-2008, 08:19 AM
No snow yet, but is cold and crisp this morning, stepped out on the back deck and can hear a deer walking down by the brook. Just a beautiful day so far......

wareagle69
12-05-2008, 08:42 AM
zen eagle thats funny you and hopeak trading tips are ya?
rebel having a bit of space to train is awesome one of the reasons i bought my property so ican practice to the fullest w/o fear of being booted of someone elses property, i would like to share my skills with others some day but still have so far to go yet

huntermj
12-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Zeneagle:D Thats a keeper!

wareagle69
12-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Zeneagle:D Thats a keeper!

have you read some of my posts not very zen like i can get real cranky with some folks but i guess i try to practice to be a zen like eagle its all that we can hope to attain in life
same can be said of hopeaks mo****r warrior eagle right now i am sitting here stuffing my face with bacon and m&ms while an 11# toy poodle sits on my lap yeah thats warrior like
again why does this thing bleep out the word mon iker now iam am loosing my zen and am going to go ape sh** on this thiing

crashdive123
01-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Sarge - Move to General Chat