PDA

View Full Version : "Grid Down-Grid Down" & the Turkeys don't care

Sourdough
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
One of the real joys of living where there are no humans near is you can be crazy, and not get locked up. So about 3:15 PM the Power goes down.

I ran out the door yelling "Grid Down-Grid Down", "This is not a drill", well the two turkeys just looked at me as if to say, "It is Thanksgiving Day, we are happy to be alive". Good advise coming from a turkey. Actually good advise period, "Be happy to be alive".

Well I ran it past all the animals, and I was the only one who cared.

Step one: start generator.

Step two: unplug cabin from temporary service.

Step three: plug in cabin to generator.

Who say: "always be prepared, prepare always.".....:)

Rick
11-27-2008, 09:58 PM
In the background a female voice is softly repeating over the speaker, "We are in DEFCON 3. Please remain calm. We are DEFCON 3. Please remain calm.

Outside, the turkeys sprint toward the Quonset hut to retrieve the reel of copper wire. The large brown poodle mans the look out post at the top of the cabin roof while the ducks gather up the rotten eggs to use for defense if the enemy gets past Hopeak.

There is nothing worse that being in the dark about DEFCON 3.

And Hopeak said, Let there be light and there was light. And Hopeak saw the light and it was good.

crashdive123
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Losing power like that??????? Monday should be interesting!

Rick
11-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Man, you are sooooooooo bad. But, yeah.

Sourdough
11-27-2008, 10:13 PM

I hope the power is not out that long........:) And yes, you are a bad dog.

chiye tanka
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Hopeak, there is such a thing as TOO much alone time.
Ask Rick if he can put you in touch with the spirit talkers.

trax
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM

I have never been prouder of you.

wareagle69
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
man you guys slay me don't ever go any where threads like this is what make my day.rick i could totally picture a brown poodle with a steel pot on its head maning his station aw great stuff
crash- that should be our new catch phrase here
hopeak that guy sounds like he's got his crap together

crashdive123
11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
hopeak that guy sounds like he's got his crap together

Well he does have 8 geese.......

backtobasics
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
One of the real joys of living where there are no humans near is you can be crazy, and not get locked up. So about 3:15 PM the Power goes down.

I ran out the door yelling "Grid Down-Grid Down", "This is not a drill", well the two turkeys just looked at me as if to say, "It is Thanksgiving Day, we are happy to be alive". Good advise coming from a turkey. Actually good advise period, "Be happy to be alive".

Well I ran it past all the animals, and I was the only one who cared.

Step one: start generator.

Step two: unplug cabin from temporary service.

Step three: plug in cabin to generator.

Who say: "always be prepared, prepare always.".....:)

I hear ya! One of the strangest feelings (in the begining) of living off the grid was hearing on the radio that there was a major black out that may last for days, but my life had not changed one bit. It was the same as any day. I kinda miss those days. I'm spoiled and lazy now compaired to then. Now I'm dependent on the city with bills to pay, then i owed no one nothing.

trax
11-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey b2b...please don't make spoiled and lazy sound like bad things :rolleyes:

Rick
11-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah, spoiled and lazy is...well....what I do.

WE - I picture the large brown poodle sitting in front of a mirror practicing fearsome tooth displays.

"Side shot? Ggrrrrr. Naw. Front shot? Ggrrrrr. Yeah. That's the one. Look at those canines. You got it, baby. You da dog! That's what I'm growlin' about.

crashdive123
01-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Sarge - Move to General Chat