PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS...HELP...Have you no say in "Gay" Advertisers

Sourdough
11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Yuck...When the subject of Bears is on the forum, Google post an ad for Gay Bear dating service.......:mad:

Rick
11-23-2008, 09:40 AM
As a matter of fact, no. Google targets the adds based on key words they find. So, a conversation on Bears will bring up anything bear related in adds. You are the one always pointing out the irony in the adds that show up on posts. Well, yeah. That's 'cause they are targeted based on what we're talking about. Now, is that cool or what? Computers secretly talking while we are. Negotiating some rate of exchange for flashing little banners on the screen. All behind the scenes. All of us oblivious to the conversation. Just stop all the talk about ruling the world. You never know what they may be talking about during that conversation.:eek:

And, hey, leave those gay bears alone. They have a right to live their own life. If they start knocking on your door, well then, okay, you can start bashing them if you want. But, hey, if they do, you have a lot more serious problems on your hands than not liking 'em. :D

Sourdough
11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Well how come there were no "good" ads when I posted about "Golden Whores". It is just not fair, I want Golden Whores to have equal time....:)

Rick
11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Good heavens, Hope. They have to draw the line somewhere, eh? The only ones interested, apparently, are you and ex-Gov. "Old #9" Spitzer. (yeah, I know that was cold. But that there is funny I don't care who you are.)

Tikirocker
11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
I heard that bear in Grizzly Adams was a fruit ... makes sense; all those men alone in the woods with beards.

Rick
11-23-2008, 10:31 AM
So, was the bear an orange? A lemon, a pear or something else. There's a lot of fruits out there and inquiring minds want to know.:rolleyes:

Tikirocker
11-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I make zee joke ... clearly I should have waited until somebody got to know me. :)

wudshapr
11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
its more what everybody else is talking about. It was the most likely connection for a computer to make, given the stats. More people search for gay bears than real bears... Now that there...is ONE OF THE REASONS WHY. THink I'm gonna use that from now on, when I comment about the world, society, etc. It's short for, "one of the reasons why I began my quest to seperate myself from the modern world, and all the bull"

red lake
11-23-2008, 11:04 AM
maybe google knows something about you that that you haven't yet realized!

nell67
11-23-2008, 12:06 PM
maybe google knows something about you that that you haven't yet realized!

That wasn't cool.:(

DOGMAN
11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, did ya find your match? LOL

I'd like to read your personal ad....I'm sure there are at least a few lads looking for a

"Starry eyed dreamer who lives alone in a small remote cabin...loves moonlit walks, guns, communing with wild animals, firearms, discussing meta physics and astral projection, weapons, quite time together"....

HOP
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I try to maintain certain beliefs of a religious nature that tel me that certain life styles should be taboo but the study of my belief also tells me it ain't my call . I wish the best for all and leave it at that.

trax
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
That was well stated HOP.

Sourdough
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I try to maintain certain beliefs of a religious nature that tel me that certain life styles should be taboo but the study of my belief also tells me it ain't my call . I wish the best for all and leave it at that.

I just don't want it broadcast over my computer, there are 8, sweet innocent puppies who can see my computer screen, And you have so many damn boxes to check and uncheck already, I can turn Remy on or off, why can't you have a box to check, turn off "Gay Bears".

HOP
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Hope I think you already know this but there are bad people every where . I understand what you are staying , I live with my daughter and grandkids and I spend some time on paltalk but not the R rated rooms not just because of the language but the explicit sex ads . I do what I can do about me(my grandkids aren't even aware that I know how to curse) . I occasionally go to another survival forum and just recently the gay thing came up and I was amazed how many were members of the site and never a bad word or innuendo from all but flagrant flamers. we can't change society just learn who and what to trust. Bottom line I guess we have to go with gut feelings on this.

Rick
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Now that there is funny I don't care who you are!!!!!!! God Bless them little pygmies down there in New Guinea!

Sourdough
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Yep.....give credit where it is due. That was funny. Good dart Remy.

Ole WV Coot
11-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Trust me sweetie...you cannot "turn me on".

That is a frightening statement which leaves a lot of things to say, but not ME:rolleyes:

crashdive123
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Yep.....looks like he's lost his touch.

Rick
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I sort of expected a Cootism extraordinaire there, Coot. It's tough being at the apex of Cootism. Everyone expects everything you say to be a gem of wisdom. Not that most are aren't (he quickly added).

Sourdough
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Trust me sweetie...you cannot "turn me on".

Maybe not but I can turn you off........:p

Ole WV Coot
11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
My first thought was a "Snouzeer", (one who sniffs boy's bicycle seats). I didn't want to use anything that could be written on a bathroom wall along with the old "For a good time call xxx-xxxx". My prose improperly used could possibly lead a young man astray. Livestock I could reply to, but not this. I must apologize, even I have a moral or two.

Runs With Beer
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I think you should RUNN OF TEED!