PDA

View Full Version : Short & Simple Scenario Challenges #1

Fog_Harbor
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I will try to locate these scenarios in Anywhere, USA.

You have lost everything but:

1 Pack of cigarettes (unopened and still dry)

1 working Mini-Mag flashlight

All your surroundings are wet due to being rained on for over a week. It is still raining.

Your challenge is to light a fire.

How do you go about solving the challenge?

FVR
09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I'll bite.

Depending on the cigs, if they have the foil at the top and since they are unopened, I assume they do. Use this foil between the pos and the neg of the battery at the bulb plug in. Take the bulb out.

Unwrap a cig, keep the tabacky dry somewhere, get another smoke out. Take the foil, short it out with the dry cig. paper between it, it will burn the paper. Use this paper to start a cig. on fire, take a few puffs, enjoy and now light the dry wood that you have scrounged up.

If no wood, enjoy the smoke, keep the foil, and keep those cigs dry.

carcajou garou
09-06-2007, 09:00 AM
If ther eis no foil in every mini mag light there 2 bulbs, break 1 open and use those wires to create a dead short and light the paper from there on same as FVR

DEET
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Believe it or not I've tried this. I was wondering the same scenerio a few years ago. The bulb will actually get hot enough to ignite the paper of the cigarrette if you hold it to the bulb and continually suck on the cigarrete, it will light. Now you have a lit cigarrete from which to make a fire. Do I have birch trees around? or better yet hemlock? The birch bark has alot of resin in it and will burn good and the hemlock needles will ignite even when wet, the hemlock itself burns very well too.

Fog_Harbor
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Good answers all! How 'bout the rest of you?

Sarge47
09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Good answers all! How 'bout the rest of you?

Non-applicable, don't smoke, wouldn't have any cigarettes.:rolleyes:

wareagle69
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
i'll let you know how this works out for me

ps any where usa does that count the largest state of canada.

U.KMarine-Red4
09-15-2007, 04:41 PM
phospherous grenade for the win!!!!

to be honest the likelyhood of you loosing everything but some smokes and a mini-mag are tiny but i would get two members of my squad (provided i havent lost them) to find some relativly dry wood, i'd get some live wood and feather the bark, use the bow method using a shoe lace and the rest of the live wood i feathered to make a small fire, feuling it with the slightly damp wood, which will dry out and the cigs (including the box) just for any attackers to choke to death on the fumes :). Realisticly the only way you have nothing would be capture, and after capture you dont want to light a fire as it draws attention to you

Fog_Harbor
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
i'll let you know how this works out for me

ps any where usa does that count the largest state of canada.

Anywhere North America?

Fog_Harbor
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
phospherous grenade for the win!!!!

to be honest the likelyhood of you loosing everything but some smokes and a mini-mag are tiny but i would get two members of my squad (provided i havent lost them) to find some relativly dry wood, i'd get some live wood and feather the bark, use the bow method using a shoe lace and the rest of the live wood i feathered to make a small fire, feuling it with the slightly damp wood, which will dry out and the cigs (including the box) just for any attackers to choke to death on the fumes :). Realisticly the only way you have nothing would be capture, and after capture you dont want to light a fire as it draws attention to you

Who said anything about being realistic? It's a scenario, not a diary. A tabletop excercise, so-to-speak

mbarnatl
09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I actually come up with scenarios while me and my daughters are out driving or hiking. Trying to get them to open their minds that you can make use of many things around you. Glad to see you doing this in the forums also.

Someone said they don't smoke... you be suprised on how many hikes I've been on and found cigarettes on the trail or the sides of it.

Fog_Harbor
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Someone said they don't smoke... you be suprised on how many hikes I've been on and found cigarettes on the trail or the sides of it.

Yeah, like Les is fond of saying - you can't go anywhere anymore without finding garbage around....