PDA

View Full Version : new GPS

ryaninmichigan
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM
What do you guys think? Worth $50? I think it is ideal for upland birdhunting. or even ice fishing...

http://www.bushnell.com/gps/gps_backtrack.cfm

crashdive123
11-22-2008, 04:14 PM
If it does what you want and need it to, then it's a good deal. It does seem very limited in its capabilities (store a location so you can find your way back). For me personally, I would want to be able to enter a location, plan a route, see terrain, etc. But as the saying goes, if it works for you, it works for me.

Sourdough
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Not clear what the "Dingle'berry'GPS" Thingie does for fishing or hunting. Is it a game call doo'gigger. Man has been finding his "Ice-hole" with both hands for years. But if it floats your boat. If I wanted to waste $50.00 it would be on three bricks of .22 LR

Rick
11-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I have a Garmin eTrex. I swear that thing is way smarter than me. It's amazing what a little bit of solder, wire and silica can do.

Ole WV Coot
11-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I have the Garmin Geko and I may cross my own trail, double back and do the general wander around not paying attention. I roam a few hundred acres and I have never been lost, only slightly confused for a few hours. I simplify things by taking a reading by a beech tree next to a stream about 7 miles from where I know the way home very well. I stored the tree location and when confused go back takes me back to the tree. If I marked positions it would be like trying to follow a drunk blacksnake, even I can get home, works for me.

Rick
11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
I have to ask. I just have to. How many drunk blacksnakes have you run across (not run over. That's different).

ryaninmichigan
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Not clear what the "Dingle'berry'GPS" Thingie does for fishing or hunting. Is it a game call doo'gigger. Man has been finding his "Ice-hole" with both hands for years. But if it floats your boat. If I wanted to waste $50.00 it would be on three bricks of .22 LR

I am not even sure what you are saying. For Ice fishing when you are several miles out and a white out blows in it would make it noce to get off the ice. for up land bird hunting in thousands of acers of fedral land it would make it easy to head to the road. WTH is a doo'gigger?

Ole WV Coot
11-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I have to ask. I just have to. How many drunk blacksnakes have you run across (not run over. That's different).

Now there may just be a very fine line between WHO weaves around the most, mainly depending on who drunk what. In my personal observations I have seen them turn into a pair, sometimes going in different directions. That's the half pint view, so I close one eye. Now if said blacksnake actually goes thru the mash dump he's so stiff you can use him as a poker, or if a copperhead just open his mouth and use him as a poison arrow. If you actually sit and watch a blacksnake one of you has to be drinking a tad.;)