PDA

View Full Version : WSU student MN

BaerClaw
11-20-2008, 02:06 AM
hello Im in my last semester at WSU in MN ive been to this site several times but now have finely singed up. haha i enjoy the out doors immensely and have an interest in survival and feel there is always something new to learn about it, although I do feel that I have some experiences. 2 years ago i lived on an island on the Mississippi while going to school and anyone that knows MN winter Know that was a bit## but a good experiences nun the less. now for the last 1.5 years ive live in a 10ft by 6ft tin camper on a friends land its great and love it and vary cheap rent.haha now before you make assumptions i have a girlfriend of 4yrs yes that thinks im crazy, I am the captain of a school club and member of 3 others MMA, lifting, and outdoor club. I keep my self active as much as possible in spring i like to bowfish, spearfish, and flyfish in summer i trout fish more, kayak and kayak fish i pull my kayak on a trailer with my bike and this is the only way i move it, i also mountain bike, trail run , go geocaching, and im trying to get into forging more in the summer in fall i grew up salmon fishing and deer hunting but now mostly dove and duck hunt. winter i freeze my A## off, school, lift and indoor train. i suffer from too many hobbies but i like them all. haha

one more thing i am severely dyslexic so please no comments about that

and if you have any questions or comments let me know. thanks

and Im proud to say in the last 2 years i have less then 50 nights not in a sleeping bag! and if any one is wondering i use the school library and my macbook to get online lol

Gray Wolf
11-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Welcome, and make yourself at home.

Sourdough
11-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Welcome.....What kind of wierd person sleeps in a sleeping bag.....Well, I don't remember when I did not sleep in a sleeping bag.

nell67
11-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum!

crashdive123
11-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Hello and welcome.

Hemingway
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
You sound really cool. I do some spear fishing in the ocean here in California with my pole spear.

BaerClaw
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
You sound really cool. I do some spear fishing in the ocean here in California with my pole spear.

thanks Ive never speared in an ocean sadly. but here in MN I do carp and other rough species and in WI i spear for panfish witch is fun to make a meal out of it.

thanks everyone!
also check out my photo album.

Riverrat
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Welcome.....

Rick
11-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome home. Stayed on an island all winter? In the words of my first cousin's second husband's third step father, the one that lived on fourth street...

By the livin' Gawd that made you,
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

crashdive123
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I stayed on an island for four years. It was rough in downtown Waikiki, but somebody had to do it.

trax
11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard, and don't mind hopeak, he just wants to be reassured that he's not a weird person. Get to know him and decide for yourself!

Rick
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
We have. He is. Then again. Most of us are.

sh4d0wm4573ri7
11-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum I too am originally born n raised in MN northern tier of the state

Runs With Beer
11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the point of now Return, I think thats right?

laughing beetle
11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
welcome to the forum

chiye tanka
11-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome aboard.

Fletcher
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome....

owl_girl
11-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi there I think I know the area your in from your pics, actally I think you live in my city by the looks of it. Welcome to the forum. Dont wory about being dyslexic. Your not the only one, me to actualy and judjing by some of the spelling by many on this site I dbout anyone woulda noticed.

owl_girl
11-21-2008, 11:57 PM
WSU yea thats in my city lol. Im always hiking on SF and I see you have been though I havnt seen you around I dont think.

Sarge47
11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
2 years ago i lived on an island on the Mississippi...

i have a girlfriend of 4yrs yes that thinks im crazy,

one more thing i am severely dyslexic so please no comments about that

and if you have any questions or comments let me know. thanks

Okay, so you don't want any comments about dyslexia...too bad! Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed up all night wondering if there really was a DOG?:rolleyes:

An island on the Mississippi, huh? Glad it was in the winter & not the spring or summer. I'm originally from Burlington, Iowa where the flooding actually covers the islands there completely; then there's the mosquitos.....:eek:

When I was much younger I once had a girlfriend who was...uh...shall we say, extremely talented in the physical arts? She didn't like the outdoors much at all & finally gave me an ultimatum: Her or the woods....I hope she's doing well!:D

Okay, you asked for questions or comments, so there's mine. Oh, just one more; welcome to the Wolf-Pack! (Great intro, BTW!):cool:

BaerClaw
11-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Okay, so you don't want any comments about dyslexia...too bad! Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed up all night wondering if there really was a DOG?:rolleyes:

An island on the Mississippi, huh? Glad it was in the winter & not the spring or summer. I'm originally from Burlington, Iowa where the flooding actually covers the islands there completely; then there's the mosquitos.....:eek:

When I was much younger I once had a girlfriend who was...uh...shall we say, extremely talented in the physical arts? She didn't like the outdoors much at all & finally gave me an ultimatum: Her or the woods....I hope she's doing well!:D

Okay, you asked for questions or comments, so there's mine. Oh, just one more; welcome to the Wolf-Pack! (Great intro, BTW!):cool:

good one lol!

and dont forget about the ticks on the islands terrible i tell you. i moved camp often for the DNR laws and just moved to higher ground in spring.

BaerClaw
11-22-2008, 04:24 PM
WSU yea thats in my city lol. Im always hiking on SF and I see you have been though I havnt seen you around I dont think.

thats crazy haha yeah you don't look familiar either. do you do any foraging or mushroom hunting around here ive been tolled is good but i dont seem to have much luck?

owl_girl
11-22-2008, 07:46 PM
i got chicken of the woods this late summer early fall it was pretty good:D

RaymondPeter
11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
What areas of WI do you go to? Just wondering, since I am probably pretty near to them.

Oh and welcome!

Jay
11-27-2008, 02:50 PM
greetings and welcome.