PDA

View Full Version : SurvivalHike is a new guy

survivalhike
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
My name is Brian and my handle on this forum is survivalhike. I am 24 years old, I live in Arizona, and I enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, being outdoors, and learning survival stuff. My interest in survival skills has come from the decision to take a long and pseudo-dangerous trip through cantral AZ following a river and making our own trail. We will be gone for 5 days, cover 40+ miles, have to pack in everythign we'll need, and will need to navigate through all types of terrain with the excpetion of cliffs and really intense stuff. My website www.survivalhike.com is set up so my friends can go there and see what new information has come up, and to see what they are going to need in order to do the trip. I am joining this forum in an effort to expand my knowledge of survival skills further than what I have already read. Also, a friend and I are planning a few primer trips where we will focus on a particular set of survival skills to practice, evaluate how they went, and practice more on the next trip. I hope to learn lots on this furum, and I hope to help others as well. Thanks for humoring my introduction. Brian

owl_girl
09-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Welcome survivalhike. That sounds like a lot of fun I’m jealous.

nell67
09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sarge47
09-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the Wolf Pack, Survival Hike. Might I reccommend an expert down in your neck of the woods by name of Cody Lundin from Prescott AZ.? His web-site is www.alssadventures.com, and he's also the author of one of the best Survival books out today: "98.6 Degrees, The Art of Keeping Your As* Alive!" Check them out if your going out into the SW area down there!;)

ATough
09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
WELCOME SurvivalHike.

eddiec
09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Super Sweet!!! Welcome, bro...