PDA

View Full Version : Lbe

tryinhard
10-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the load bearing equipment harnesses? I am looking into one for hiking and was wondering if they are worth the price. Wanting to put the hydration bladder on my back and have 3 or 4 pouchs for first aid, survival, and food etc. Looks like they would be lighter and easier to manuver through some of the trails.

Thanks,
TH

Rick
10-31-2008, 06:33 AM
I think that's what Klkak uses in the bush.

klkak
10-31-2008, 02:56 PM
I use an Air force pilots survival vest as well as a Dakine poacher pack. I'm not fond of the hydration system. I use "Klean Kanteen" stainless steel bottles. I'm in the process of putting together a M.O.L.L.E. vest. I think it will be allot tougher then the pilots vest.

tryinhard
11-01-2008, 05:18 PM
That's exactly what I am looking at except no canteens and pouches on the side about the same size as the butt pack. I know I can get the hydration pack that attachs to it.

Thanks,
TH

Fletcher
11-01-2008, 11:25 PM
That's exactly what I am looking at except no canteens and pouches on the side about the same size as the butt pack. I know I can get the hydration pack that attachs to it.

Thanks,
TH

The point of the LBE is to carry your ammo pouches and canteen.
What is your plan for it?

tryinhard
11-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I want to attach the hydration pack to the back of it and use either the ammo pouches or some other size pouches on the belt to carry my first aid, food, survival kit etc. Just the small stuff. I have a MOLLE pack now and I have discovered if I have the room I will fill it up and I don't need to carry that much stuff on a day hike.

TH

Mr.Pickles
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't have any personal experience with LBE's, but I do have a big, 3 day pack from REI that I absolutely love, but as a shameless plug, my website (which you can find in my signature) has a lot of links to stores where you can purchase LBE's, and compare prices.

Here's one place that carries LBE's. This place is great. It's U.S. Cavalry (http://www.uscavalry.com/).