PDA

View Full Version : The Man Bag

RBB
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I guess I don't get out much. Wing and I took a plane ride to Las Vegas in June to see the kids. I'd never been on a big plane before. Can't say I enjoyed it too much.

I noticed a lot of guys were carrying purses. I thought this was a bit odd and mentioned it to Wing. She said it was all the thing nowdays and you didn't have to be a swish to have one.

I thought about it a bit and decided it wouldn't be too bad - especially if you were taking plane rides or other types of public transport. I thought a shell bag might work well, plus I wouldn't feel so odd. I looked at all my old shell bags, one Filson and two Duluth Pack. Meant for carrying shells, they were all too small.

One day while we were in town, I went to the Duluth Pack Store and found this:

http://duluthpack.com/product_detail.aspx?product=Double%20Shell%20Bags

It has two pockets in front, and a large pocket behind. I sewed up some small pockets on a piece of canvas and sewed that to the wall of the large pocket in the bag. It holds my cell phone, small camera, small flashlight, compass, waxed matches, folding knife, note book, pencils, and two pair of reading glasses. One of the front pockets holds my pistol and cuffs, the other is a good size for misc items and the back (large) pocket holds a thermos and a book nicely.

RobertRogers
10-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Do whatever works for you and anyone who does not approve can go to H E double hockey sticks.

sh4d0wm4573ri7
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Cant go wrong a Duluth pak is standard for the BWCA tough as nails

Fletcher
10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Just say NO to the purse get a day pack!

DOGMAN
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I have a Duluth Pack messenger type bag. It is awesome- holds laptop, uzi, cell phone, ninja throwing stars, jumper cables, the Bible, and anything else I wanna cram in there. I like the waxed cotton and leather trim...it should last a long time

trax
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I like the notion of being able to carry the uzi and the Bible in the same bag JM, if you can't wipe them out....quickly convert them :D

crashdive123
10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
.....or ifn you run out of bullets, you have something to fall back on.

chiye tanka
10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Praise God, and pass the ammo!:D

Runs With Beer
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
You know I carry a old WW2 MED bag insteed of a wallet. I catch a little greif, But when somebody needs Somthing I have it. I call it a possibles bag.

chiye tanka
10-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I've been looking at getting a maxpedition Fatboy. They look very functional and have a holster for my Glock.

crashdive123
10-23-2008, 06:08 AM
I've been looking at getting a maxpedition Fatboy. They look very functional and have a holster for my Glock.

I use my Versapack just about every day and love it. If you decide to get one remember the standard is for right hand carry, whle the S type is for left hand carry.

ADEPT
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
I have a M.O.L.L.E. Assault pack that I carry everywhere. Has hydration system, concealed carry options and enough pockets to carry a LOT of gear. I also have the Gerber LMF II A.S.E.K knife on the side. I love this pack and have not had any problems with zippers or anything like that. Check one out you might like it.
http://www.marsgear.com/molle_assault_packs.php

Runs With Beer
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a M.O.L.L.E. Assault pack that I carry everywhere. Has hydration system, concealed carry options and enough pockets to carry a LOT of gear. I also have the Gerber LMF II A.S.E.K knife on the side. I love this pack and have not had any problems with zippers or anything like that. Check one out you might like it.
http://www.marsgear.com/molle_assault_packs.php

I like your gear, The only pack I have is an Alice pack it works for me and there cheap. And not hard to get. Have a shot on me.

ADEPT
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I like your gear, The only pack I have is an Alice pack it works for me and there cheap. And not hard to get. Have a shot on me.

Thanks, and yeah they are kinda expensive. I was issued mine along with a lot of other MOLLE gear. The pack was the only thing they let me keep when I got out.

Rick
10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not for sale Chiye Tanka. You'll have to look for something else.

chiye tanka
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Come on Rick, you know you've got a price.

Rick
10-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Okay, but I'm awfully expensive. A buck 2.98 is the opening bid.

crashdive123
10-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Sold!!!!!! to the man from Florida with a badge and a gun!

nell67
10-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Congratulations Chiye!..... I think,LMAO:p

Nice Crash!;)

crashdive123
10-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah, but now he has to house break him.

nell67
10-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Yea well first off,he better take him to the vet to get him checked out,and chipped,you know in case he runs away or gets lost:D

crashdive123
10-26-2008, 08:56 AM
While at the vet, better get him neutered too.......just to prevent problems down the road.

nell67
10-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Absolutely,good thinking crash.

chiye tanka
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
:D I feel like I won the booby prize at a bad raffel. :D

nell67
10-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Quick,look in the mirror,do you see "SUCKER" written across your forehead??? Crash ended the bidding right after your bid!!!!!!!!:p:p:D

Ole WV Coot
10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I do have a "man bag" but I carry just about all I need in my pockets. 45, SAK, SOG Flash II, led light, wallet, keys, cell phone & walking stick to get to my truck which is better stocked(tough neighborhood). Looks like a lot of trouble trying to carry one thru the woods, fanny pack would be better, either would get me kicked out of the "Good Ole Boy's Club. If it works for you use it, but you can lose that thing faster than I can lose my pants with my stuff in my pockets. My opinion, but not humble.

Sourdough
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I got a "Man'Bag" the day I was born. I take it everywhere.........:p

wareagle69
10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
now that theres funny i don't care who ya are, thanks friend i needed a laugh
on a serious note i do carry a halversack every where i go, it is always with me in the bush and in the care because of my hour plus drive to the city 4 days a week

ATough
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I got a "Man'Bag" the day I was born. I take it everywhere.........:p

its a man purse, or "Murse" but ya I have one also, WWII messenger bag, can come in handy if I am traveling.

Sourdough
10-28-2008, 11:37 PM
its a man purse, or "Murse" but ya I have one also, WWII messenger bag, can come in handy if I am traveling.

You people can call it what ever they want. I only use my "Man'Bag" to carry the "Family Jewels". Mine is adjustable, get smaller in ice cold water, and larger in warm water. And like I say I was born with it. Free you could say...:rolleyes:

ATough
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
*shakes head,* Hopeak that was just wrong man. :D

tonester
10-29-2008, 02:24 PM
You people can call it what ever they want. I only use my "Man'Bag" to carry the "Family Jewels". Mine is adjustable, get smaller in ice cold water, and larger in warm water. And like I say I was born with it. Free you could say...:rolleyes:

LOL! holy crap, good stuff....

nell67
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::roll eyes::confused:

Nomad
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
A messenger bag of sorts is ok, but if you get the pumps to match, weelllll...

Ole WV Coot
11-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Well at my age I know for a fact mine is a WWII also. Hope nobody considers it an antique:eek::eek:

Sourdough
11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Well at my age I know for a fact mine is a WWII also. Hope nobody considers it an antique:eek::eek:

The bag "no"........the wearer of said bag...well...well...just coming into his prime.....:)

klkak
11-03-2008, 02:49 AM
I guess I don't get out much. Wing and I took a plane ride to Las Vegas in June to see the kids. I'd never been on a big plane before. Can't say I enjoyed it too much.

I noticed a lot of guys were carrying purses. I thought this was a bit odd and mentioned it to Wing. She said it was all the thing nowdays and you didn't have to be a swish to have one.

I thought about it a bit and decided it wouldn't be too bad - especially if you were taking plane rides or other types of public transport. I thought a shell bag might work well, plus I wouldn't feel so odd. I looked at all my old shell bags, one Filson and two Duluth Pack. Meant for carrying shells, they were all too small.

One day while we were in town, I went to the Duluth Pack Store and found this:

http://duluthpack.com/product_detail.aspx?product=Double%20Shell%20Bags

It has two pockets in front, and a large pocket behind. I sewed up some small pockets on a piece of canvas and sewed that to the wall of the large pocket in the bag. It holds my cell phone, small camera, small flashlight, compass, waxed matches, folding knife, note book, pencils, and two pair of reading glasses. One of the front pockets holds my pistol and cuffs, the other is a good size for misc items and the back (large) pocket holds a thermos and a book nicely.

Nice bag, It really looks good on the model.:D

http://duluthpack.com/ecomm/img/alts/lg/1166_0.jpg

Sourdough
11-03-2008, 04:17 AM
OK, OK, OK, I am enrolled. But......do they make it in a model that is 20 years older............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RangerXanatos
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
What about something like this?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u3/rangerxanatos/junk/BAG-221.jpg

Unique design makes this bag ideal as a tactical response bag or emergency bug-out bag that features a main compartment with removable divider, two adjustable side pockets perfect for canteens, a tactical flashlight pocket, four accessory pockets with hook-and-loop closures, two pockets with zippers, a padded removable shoulder strap, concealed weapon. Measures approximately 13x9.5x4", three colors to choose from.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG221-1.html
It can be yours for 21.97 plus s&h.

Runs With Beer
11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey I can dig it! I like the digi camo. I have that in woodland camo!

Sourdough
11-04-2008, 01:34 AM
But....Can you shovel it??????