PDA

View Full Version : Scariest moment?

Tangent210
02-24-2007, 01:22 AM
What was the scariest moment for you in the wilderness? Whether you thought you were going to die or you thought someone else was hurt or what? Mine was falling off a steep cliff type hill. I rolled down but luckily some bushes broke my fall and I wasn't hurt but it could have been so much worse. It shook me up pretty bad.

vicki2
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh for me, it was while hunting. I was sitting in a tree in West Texas at sundown one day. Mostly, I was scanning the horizon for moving deer when something caught my eye beneath me. It was a mountain lion. I knew that by the time I moved my rifle from where I had it positioned for deer to protect myself from him that I might not have time. I could see that he smelled me yet he didn't look up. I couldn't even breath I was so scared.
Eventually, he moved away from the tree and something else distracted him.
I thought he'd never move on, but he did.

mamab
02-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh my! I'd probably have wet myself, or screamed, or fell out of the tree. He probably caught sight of that deer you were waiting for!

WiccanSpirit
02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone! What i will tell you will probably have you laughing and i laugh now when i think of it. But let me tell you it was scarey! My family and i were out one day setting traps for bears. My sister and i decided to stay at the truck while my dad and mom went to put more bear bait in the trap by the river. Cas and i were playing by the truck when we looked up and saw a mother bear coming down the road. We screamed so loud that my parents heard us and started to come running. But not before my sister had the idea to jump into the cab of the truck, locking the doors, leaving me outside the truck! I was only a kid then (around 7 years old), was scared so i figured i would jump in the box of the truck, i did that.....right into the box with all the bear bait!! LOL suffice it to say, we were ok, dad tracked the bear and said that by the tracks, he could tell that mother was running for her life! She was scared off by our screaming! lol

echos
02-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I guess mine would have to be the time I was in the Wilderness of Idaho, on my horse and with my dogs. All of a sudden on the trail ahead of us 2 very small cougar cubs tumbled down the hill in front of us. WOW, I was so scared, my dogs were spooked and my horse wheeled around and galloped back down the trail , with me hanging on for dear life. We all knew that Mama was close, and we weren`t going to be her next meal!

tater03
02-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I would have died if that happened to me. I have never gotten lost in the woods or anything like that. But my worst expierence was when I got lost in the local mall when I was young. I don't really think I have ever been as scared as I was that day.

donny h
02-24-2007, 07:51 PM
What was the scariest moment for you in the wilderness?

Here is a recent one: I was driving my 4x4 on a very remote dirt road in the Uinta Mountains in northern Utah, and I spotted what seemed to be a wild horse, about 200 yards away in a meadow.

I stopped the truck and broke out the big binoculars, then I realized the horse was actually a moose calf, and mama was near his side.

I got out of the truck and knealt on the dirt road, to steady the binocs and get a better look, I am wary of moose, but these two were pretty far away, so I felt safe.

As I was watching the moose, I caught a glimpse of movement around the eyepieces on my binocs, so I lowered them to see what the movement was.

A full grown bull moose, daddy, had stepped out of the bushes 25' FROM MY POSITION kneeling on the road. In an instant, I knew if he charged I had no defense, he was closer to me than my truck was. I had bear spray and multiple guns, all resting safely in the truck cab, they may as well been on the moon.

My head (I'm 6'4") was even with his mid-shoulder, he was huge, a bull moose dwarfs an elk, as he crossed the road he never took his eyes off me, he kept his nose pointed right at me as he walked, making sure I noticed his HUGE RACK with every step.

He crossed the road, and vanished into the brush, without a sound.

It wasn't really a close call for me, because the moose decided it wouldn't be, but I was startled at being WAY too close to him, and I was stunned at how silently such a huge creature can navigate through thick brush.

WiccanSpirit
02-25-2007, 12:33 PM
WOW Donny, that sounds like quite a hairy experience! lol thank goodness you aren't like my dad. He would have looked at it and said "lunch". The man is so nuts that he once went after a moose with just a knife. (of course he would tell that story when he was drunk!) lol

trick-r-treat
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
When I was a kid, I gut stuck in quicksand! Luckily, it was near a road and someone happened to be driving by! They saw me sinking and screaming and pulled me out in time!

echos
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Quicksand, That is amazing. I can`t believe you survived? That was so lucky. I once had a horse, on my Aunts property, by a river and it got stuck in quicksand, and died. WOW, I am glad you are here to write about it!

Bowcatz
02-26-2007, 05:15 PM
A couple of deer seasons ago (2004/2005) I was trying out a new Tree Lounge deerstand. This was like my third trip up a tree when suddenly a very brisk breeze begins to blow out of the east. I began to climb down out of the tree as the winds picked up more speed. Small tree limbs began to snap off the upper most of some of the trees and began falling to the ground like missles. I mean those trees around me were all swaying to and fro really hard. The sky was blue, so it wasn't a tornado.

The Tree Lounge uses a lever effect to hang on to a tree. There are no teeth in the angle bar either that grips the tree. Just a straight metal knife effect that bites into the bark without going any deeper. I was halfway down the tree when the wind began to blow even harder. It made the gripping action hard for the Tree Lounge because of the back and forth motion the wind produced in the tree, so I had to stop about fifteen feet above ground.

I had a spare safety strap on me, so I pulled it from my hunting pack with trembling hands (yeah, I was skeered) while being shaked like a cat in a pitbull's mouth and fastened the stand to the tree in the event the wild ride was going to shake the stand off of it. I didn't want to be dangling fifteen feet off the ground in the full body harness with the stand piled up underneath the tree and me. The wind was blowing that hard and with even fiercer gusts.

I'm thinking, "What the heck is going on? Where did all this wind come from? Am I going to fall? I don't want to fall! Hang on, girl! Hang on."

Secured in my safety harness, I leaned back as far away from the tree as I could to aid in the leverage hold and held on. That wind lasted a good twenty minutes and I was shaking pretty bad when it finally died down to where I could safely climb down. I had to take baby steps to climb down, too. About an inch at a time till my nerves calmed down and I could take regular descending steps. I made myself laugh about it, too, when I finally touched the ground. I didn't want this to spook me from using this very very comfortable climbing deer stand. I have since made dozens of climbs and actually enjoy being high up in a tree when a normal breeze is blowing the tree gently back and forth. Nearly rocks me to sleep sometimes.

I keep up with the wind reports more carefully now, too.

Tree stand accidents have paralyzed a couple of guys I personally know and I didn't want to join the annual list the state of Mississippi keeps in tree stand hunting accidents and publish. Fortunately, the spare safety strap kept the stand tight against the tree while this blue sky hurricane wind did it's best to shake me out of it.

-----------------------------------------

DustyRose
03-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Wow Donny...been there and done that...I know that OMG feeling when you realize that there is nothing you can do to help yourself, only things you can do to make it worse.

We were all about 12-14 years old...there were four of us friends in the Bighorn Mountains in north-central Wyoming...and we were camping up at the East Fork camp ground. The area is tall pines above lower marshy areas of pussy willows near the river, almost like a peat bog...we used to call it "Moose Marsh".

Somehow we all got the bright idea that we were going to build us a fort...and someone in the group decided he knew just the spot...so we all go trudging down into the Moose Marsh to a place only the leader knew. We were well prepared with hatchets, bow saws and a 3/4 axe...all marching along quietly an' gonna do a Davy Crockett!

Since the whole mountain area was summer pasture for the local cattlemen, my friend thought he saw a cow...and he is like "Oh look!" as he pulled back the bushes...and there we were, staring at a brand new calf moose.

Momma was way over on the other side of the clearing...but it took her about two seconds to clear that opening coming right for us...and that's when it hit us that we might be in some real trouble.

All I could see was her giant, snorting muzzle coming towards me at faster than I had ever seen anything move before.

I jumped into one willow bush, my friend another...and the other two took off running towards the camp...but one got his glasses caught on a branch and they were stripped from his face, so he dropped and played dead like the rest of us. The last one just ran back up the bank of the road to camp...screaming the whole way.

Fortunately for us, momma only wanted to get between her baby and us...but we didn't move or even open our eyes for what seemed like hours...but was probably minutes. Finally I got up the nerve to crack one eye open, then the other, and finally opened both.

Momma and baby were no where to be found...and just then we heard the sprinter in our group...coming back with one of our dads.

We were all fine, and we were lucky we didn't get stomped or gut kicked, just scared...but the retelling of that story over and over to our moms and dads for the rest of the vacation...was like Kevin Costner's retelling of taking down the charging Bison in Dances with Wolves, it just got better (and a better response) each time we told it!

rugby_nut
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
When I was a kid, I gut stuck in quicksand! Luckily, it was near a road and someone happened to be driving by! They saw me sinking and screaming and pulled me out in time!

to get out of quick sand u need to keep ur hands in a wide stable place and lay down flat and pull urself forward u will eventually come unstuck

Bowcatz
03-24-2007, 01:03 AM
I've noticed that in the past few years that the wet sand on the small creek I walk up here in Mississippi is becoming softer in some spots. More than usual, too, as I remember it from walking up and down this creek since the 1960s. Every now and then I would step in one and go down a couple of feet into the water, but that last time I went up to my waist. That is one scary feeling, too.

the edge
03-24-2007, 10:12 PM
nothing bad has really ever happened to me but this which isnt that bad
wheni was about 10 i was in the water st the beach and the waves were huge and i ran to get out and boom i got knocked over once i would get back up i would move a little bit then get nailed again i final made it to the beach

BSM
04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
I once got pulled out to sea by a riptide. It took me nearly an hour to get back to shore swimming diagonally to avoid the same riptide. I was exhausted when I finally got to shore, and so nervous that I actually puked from the tension when I finally got to safety. Call me a coward, but the thought of dying just plain sucks.
BSM

bear
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I got lost while on a wilderness canoe trip in Northern Minnesota. I was already lost and a very bad storm blew in. It lasted only a few hours but it was enough to scare me to death. I now carry a gps anytime I am outdoors. bear

owl_girl
04-16-2007, 02:38 AM
When I was a kid in Alaska though I was in the city the city is wilderness enough in that part, I was walking across the street from a momma moose laying in the grass with her baby. At that distance they normally don’t bother you in that city because there so accustom to people but she was nervous and I could see it. So I’m trying to walk as far away from her as I could. The tension was growing, then suddenly she jump up and charges as fast as lightning, I had no time to think I just reacted. I jumped behind somebody’s house into there back yard and ran to the door. She was so fast I had no time to look where I was going, so as I stood there at the door sep trying to figure out how I’m going to get home without going past that moose, I felt like something wasn’t right. I looked up and there was a big bull moose standing about 15 feet away from me! In my effort to get away from the cow I ran right past a bull. He looked as frozen stiff as I was and for a secant neither of us dared to move. But then I turned and started banging on the door, a little girl answered, I said pleas let me in or I’m going to get trampled! I was much more concerned about his hooves then his rack as it was small though he was very big. The little girl said I have to ask my mommy hold on. She was very young lol didn’t understand the urgency of my situation. As soon as the door opened I jumped in. The mom was surprised to hear what had happened to me. So I stayed until the moose left. I only lived less then 2 blocks away so it didn’t take long to get home and I was happy to make it back. Very scary! http://www.iawf.org.uk/images/news_images/article_images/articleid1008_0.jpg

wolf
04-22-2007, 01:54 PM
A friend told me when he was camping in Oregon he was in a tent with some meat out. He said he kind of expected a bear, but he went to sleep anyway in the middle of the night a nose of a bear pushed into the nylon and he bopped it and went to sleep. Then it came back again and he bopped it harder then he hear a apelike grunt and he saw a shadow of a HUGE hand and then a eight foot figure outside the tent. When it left he came outside and started a fire. Then a pine cone hit him and another and another. He said that's when he figured out it was no bear.http://www.geocities.com/captainosmoteria/bigfoot.jpg

lovegettinlost
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Wolf, sounds like something I'd do to my friends, cause you can make your figure bigger in the dark with some tricky mvoements and illusions, but I think bigfoot is alittle extreme, I shouldn't say for sure, but this tale seems a little tall for me to believe. But for my scariest wilderness thing, it was actaully on the Susquehanna River in PA, my friend and I were kayaking, and he, he's good, I wasn't at the time, he wanted to show me how to roll. SO i figured hey it cant be that hard, so I went under and he held my hand to pull me up if he had to, but i left out the part where he wanted me to keep holding onto his so i let go, after what seeme dlike forever i realized i couldnt get up adn started panicing and thrashing around but not bieng able to get. After some work I was fianly able to release my skirt from the kayak and kick my way out, i remmebr thinking, this is it, I'm gonna die, but when i came back up he was laughing, and i was gasping for air. I gues I forgot to mention that I am extremely afraid of small spaces (kayaks), and deep water (river).

owl_girl
05-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I think Bigfoot could possibly exist or more likely use to exist. Some of the Native American tribes have old stories and legions about the ape like creatures. If there were never any big apes in North America I think it would be unlikely though not impossible for them to come up with such stories. But I don’t believe everything I hear.

wolf
05-06-2007, 04:49 PM
well I don't belive the bigfoot thing at all. That's just what my friend told me.

wolf
05-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Wolf, sounds like something I'd do to my friends, cause you can make your figure bigger in the dark with some tricky mvoements and illusions, but I think bigfoot is alittle extreme, I shouldn't say for sure, but this tale seems a little tall for me to believe. But for my scariest wilderness thing, it was actaully on the Susquehanna River in PA, my friend and I were kayaking, and he, he's good, I wasn't at the time, he wanted to show me how to roll. SO i figured hey it cant be that hard, so I went under and he held my hand to pull me up if he had to, but i left out the part where he wanted me to keep holding onto his so i let go, after what seeme dlike forever i realized i couldnt get up adn started panicing and thrashing around but not bieng able to get. After some work I was fianly able to release my skirt from the kayak and kick my way out, i remmebr thinking, this is it, I'm gonna die, but when i came back up he was laughing, and i was gasping for air. I gues I forgot to mention that I am extremely afraid of small spaces (kayaks), and deep water (river).

Heh yea i guess you're right

marberry
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
lol i have something far scarier then a saskwatch , i was north of churchhill and a lil inland (where saskuatch sightings are by the way lol) and i walked right into a clearing with a wolverine. yeah a wolverine can kill a bear and a bear can kill me im way outa my league in the food chain, so i threw my poison dart at it and missed , it was growling its head off and it tried to circled me . i had my machete in one hand and i was reaching for my pelet rifle. my hand brushed across my flairgun and i decided it couldnt hurt to try... so i shot the flair gun at it, and it jumped back , i reloaded whyle swinging the machete around like a lunatic to keep it away from me and shot again this time it hit it so it was rly rly rly pissed at me. it jumped and bit my leg , luckily i always wear puncture proof pants so it couldnt rip my leg off (thank god) so i kicked it with my other foot , my 6 years of martial arts training (2nd degree black belt in taekwondo and 1st in karate) paid off aswell as my full metal boots i smashed its entire ripcage in and it died. i was vry vry vry lucky a wolverine is THE most vicious animal on the face of the earth , iv been face 2 face with a grizzly and it did not evn compair to the wolverine, i would rather jump into a pit viper pit then see another one ever again. from that day on whenever i set foot in northern wilderness i had a .44 in a quick draw holster and two sawd off 12 gauge hinge action shotguns at my belt.

i also have a friend who swares on his life he saw a bigfoot , hes not the kind to be scared easy so i belive him,

woodzman
07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I was in my tree stand bow hunting several years ago when a medium sized Black Bear decided to join me. I heard something under me and realized it was bark comming off the tree I was in. I slowly looked down and there was the bears head about four feet below the platform of my stand. we stared at each other for a few seconds, (seemed like two days) then it slid down the tree and ran away. I killed a bear from that stand the next year and have always wondered if it was the same one.

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't believe that Bigfoot exists in the sense that the Bigfoot groups would have us believe. We've had Bigfoot reports for over 50 years and guess what? No Bigfoot road kill, no Bigfoot scat, No Bigfoot fur, no in-focus camera &/or video shots, and a whole bunch of people 'fessing up to helping perpetrate a hoax. I suggest some rich person put a $50.000 bounty on a Bigfoot, dead or alive! See if some hunter can bring one down! Did any of you see Penn & Teller's show (Bulls*it) on Bigfoot? There's more evidence against than for.

ATough
07-18-2007, 09:26 PM
ya I agree he is fake.

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
ya I agree he is fake.

I once had an ongoing dialouge with the head of the B.F.R.O. (Bigfoot Field Research Organization) via e-mail over some of the problems I had with many of their statements. Bottom line, put these guys right next to the U.F.O. nuts. One of their answers they published at that time was in answer to the question: "If Bigfoot exists why hasn't anybody shot one, if not on purpose, then by accident?" Their answer was totally assinine. They claimed that deer hunters were very very careful on the hunt and would only shoot at what was a sure target......what planet were these guys talking about? Where ever I've been I've talked to farmers and ranchers who have a lot of livestock killed by deer hunters firing at anything over a foot tall that vaugely resembles any kind of wild animal.

FVR
07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
NJ Pine Barrens when I was 17. We were riding our dirttbikes and a pack of wild dogs got onto us. They followed us for what seemed forever. We got back to the truck, loaded the bikes and right as we shut the door, must have been 6 or 7 wild dogs jumping on the truck.

I've been spooked a few times up in the mountains across the street. Re named Hanging Rock to Spooky mountain, that mountain has eyes.

gringo
07-19-2007, 07:07 AM

I got into quicksand myself back when I was about 18. I was fishing with some friends and they moved downriver quite a bit and couldn't hear me yell. It got up to my chest in about a second. Thankfully I remained calm and remembered my boy scout training. I didn't have a stick but I was able to "float" and move slowly until I could grab some tall grass that was growing near by and pull myself out.

When my buddies showed up we took about a 10' branch and put it in the quicksand. It went straight down all the way under.

Sarge47
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
lol i have something far scarier then a saskwatch , i was north of churchhill and a lil inland (where saskuatch sightings are by the way lol) and i walked right into a clearing with a wolverine. yeah a wolverine can kill a bear and a bear can kill me im way outa my league in the food chain, so i threw my poison dart at it and missed , it was growling its head off and it tried to circled me . i had my machete in one hand and i was reaching for my pelet rifle. my hand brushed across my flairgun and i decided it couldnt hurt to try... so i shot the flair gun at it, and it jumped back , i reloaded whyle swinging the machete around like a lunatic to keep it away from me and shot again this time it hit it so it was rly rly rly pissed at me. it jumped and bit my leg , luckily i always wear puncture proof pants so it couldnt rip my leg off (thank god) so i kicked it with my other foot , my 6 years of martial arts training (2nd degree black belt in taekwondo and 1st in karate) paid off aswell as my full metal boots i smashed its entire ripcage in and it died. i was vry vry vry lucky a wolverine is THE most vicious animal on the face of the earth , iv been face 2 face with a grizzly and it did not evn compair to the wolverine, i would rather jump into a pit viper pit then see another one ever again. from that day on whenever i set foot in northern wilderness i had a .44 in a quick draw holster and two sawd off 12 gauge hinge action shotguns at my belt.

i also have a friend who swares on his life he saw a bigfoot , hes not the kind to be scared easy so i belive him,

A wolverine, now that's scary. They're one of the only animals that instictivly hate man! Seem to get along with the Bigfoot though. :>)

Beo
11-02-2007, 09:06 AM

Dude, I'm sorry but I just don't believe that story, your karate saved you..lol... and your full metal boots... kicked in the entire side of his ribcage... lol... and you now you carry a .44 sawed offs. Never go into the woods with that guy... but very entertained by the tale... damn thats funy.

Beo
11-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Mine is a toss up between two. 1. I was parked out on an old logging road at around 0130 in the morning with a girl (I was about 20) and we was... well you know :D and something jumped into the bed of my pick up truck, heavy enough to rock the whole truck violently... I looked out the back window and nothing was there, we drove off really quickly (after finishing of course :D) and at a parking lot there was dent in the sidewall of the bed about the size of trash can. Never found out what it was.
2. Was out hunting with my trusty longbow, follwing some fresh buck tracks along the banks of the Great Miami River, crested the bank that was about 8feet high and watching the forest was a poacher in a tree stand holding a scoped rifle (there is no rifle hunting in Ohio). I slowly backed down the bank and made my way back to my car retrieved my duty weapon (S&W .40 cal handgun.) Called the game warden his names Mike Scerio in my county and went back to the river bank and came up in my same spot along the bank, stalked under the treestand and pointed my gun up my badge was now on my belt, and said. If you move the muzzle of that gun I'll shoot you, your under arrest for poaching. I held him there until Mike came and he was arrested for poaching. Now this all happened on the 280 acre farm I do land management for. He had been caught before for poaching and at his truck was another rifle and a shotgun under the seat, in the back was Doe he had shot earlier and just lay there. Mike impounded the weapons and guns and gave me the guy's treestand. :D True story I swear.

trax
11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
A wolverine, now that's scary. They're one of the only animals that instictivly hate man! Seem to get along with the Bigfoot though. :>)

Wolverines are highly over-rated, the only truly nasty thing about them is they have a vicious attitude, but so do badgers. Wolverines are one of the few predators I've seen that will intentionally waste game, they'll destroy animals in a trappers traps.

They aren't particularly smart or sneaky or bulletproof. They will fight a bear, but they'll lose 99 times out of 100. I recently read an article on a guy in Alaska who traps, apparently only...wolverines. There was a photo of the dude with a lot of wolverine furs stretching. Why he must be the most dangerous animal on the planet!

Anyone saying that his pants are too puncture proof for a wolverine's fangs, though...bs. Unless he's wearing medieval armor maybe, yeah lot of people choose that for bushwear. Anyone throwing darts, trying to use a pellet gun, etc....give your head a shake. And why would someone be carrying a flare gun and not a regular firearm, just shoot the friggin' thing. He said it happened in a clearing right? If he'd stood still the wolverine would have ran away.

Scariest thing that ever happened to me was I was paddling up a river that was a short distance from the highway and running parallel to the highway. Bunch of "highway hunters' all spotted the same moose and opened fire on it, it was like a battlefield. Me and my partner were doubled over trying to stay as low as possible paddling the hell outta there, could both hear ( I mean the whiz of the bullet not the bang) and feel the bullets flying past us. We were just lucky that neither of us nor the canoe got shot.

Beo
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Throwing darts at a wolverine.... lol... damn thats just frigg'n stupid! Like I said I don't believe this story execpt for entertainment value, karate kick'n dart throw'n wolverine killer! lol... Now, one time at band camp... lol.

Sarge47
11-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Throwing darts at a wolverine.... lol... damn thats just frigg'n stupid! Like I said I don't believe this story execpt for entertainment value, karate kick'n dart throw'n wolverine killer! lol... Now, one time at band camp... lol.

(John Wayne Voice) Well, I'd say he's tougher than a "frog-licker" or a "spelunking farter" any day of the week!

FVR
11-02-2007, 06:51 PM
General description: The long dense fur of the wolverine is generally dark brown to black with a creamy white to gold stripe running from each shoulder along the flanks to the base of the tail. It has a thick body, short legs, short ears, and a broad flat head. The wolverine is primarily a scavenger and has large teeth and powerful jaws to crush bones and eat frozen meat. Adult males generally weigh 20-45 pounds (9-20 kg) while adult females weigh 15-30 pounds (7-14 kg). Its non-retractile claws are long and curved.

Wolverines are primarily found in the wilder and more remote areas of Alaska. They are solitary creatures throughout most of the year. Wolverines are active at any time of day, year round. They have tremendous physical endurance and can travel up to 40 miles a day in search of food. Because of their great endurance and strength, wolverines have become a center of folklore. However, its fierce reputation has often been exaggerated. They have been known to steal furbearers from traps and to damage cabins, but these tales can normally be traced to individuals in some situations and not to the species as a whole. Wolverines will rarely attack any predator larger than itself, like a wolf or a bear. Instead, they will try to avoid these animals. Wolverines will fiercely defend a food source or its territory against other wolverines or smaller predators.

cut n paste here.

HOP
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Where I use to do most of my hunting and fishing on Ft. Hod TX they got free roaming cattle( read wild) a big cow with pointy 3ft. horns on each side of her head ran up on my dogs and then spun around to face me and my back was to a big tree and no where to go I waved a litle white rag I had in my hand and in a voice I didn/t know I could get that high I yelled haaa and the cow spoked and ran of can't ever tel what a cow is going to do. Yipi Ki yay

explodingearth
11-03-2007, 12:23 AM
lol... someone throwing pine cones at you in the woods... "hey hey!! stop that already! *thonk!*... damnit! who is doing that!"

jose lobo
11-03-2007, 09:51 AM
in fall putting a big sheet under a small pinion trees, shack ever part of the tree, and go from tree to tree,, you can collect more yummy pine nuts than you can carry ,, you cant even imagine.. good raw, or roasted.. great protein

Smok
11-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Too many for me too tale here ,I give up , I'm just going to wright a book

Beo
11-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I've never really had a run in with anything other than coyote's or wild dogs, getting by them is pretty easy. Army there were gators in florida and big a** spiders and snakes in Panama but their pretty easy to handle too.

trax
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I was with FVR when he got eaten by the bears, I actually had to give him a little kick to get him out of the tree, but anyhoo....it was horrible to watch (while I tiptoed away as they gorged on him, his screams still haunt me) :D:D:D:D

Beo
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd been thinking of throwing my son to coyote's if they attacked this weekend and I'd run off screaming "run away! runaway!" but they never showed :D

trax
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd been thinking of throwing my son to coyote's if they attacked this weekend and I'd run off screaming "run away! runaway!" but they never showed :D

I can only stare with teary-eyed awestruck respect, sir. :D:D:D