PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Addition

Rick
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I just picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 .9mm for CCW. Here's a pic of one:

http://ddsranch.com/store/images/pf9.jpg

Here's the specs on it:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Calibers: ......................................... 9mm Luger................. 9x19mm
Weight unloaded (no magazine) :......... 12.7 oz................... 360g
Loaded magazine :................................ 2.8 oz.....................81g
Length :................................................ 5.85".................... 149mm
Height :................................................ 4.3"...................... 109mm
Width :................................................. .88"........................ 22mm
Barrel Length :.................................... 3.1" ..........................80mm
Capacity : .......................................... 7 + 1 rounds

I carry it with a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster.

Sourdough
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
So What was not wonderful about the XD....?

Rick
10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Nothing. It's a great home defense weapon. It's a bit heavy for CCW, that's all. The PF9 is much lighter. It's the old trade off I'm afraid. I love the .45 but opted for the 9mm because of the weight.

I'll carry the XD in the woods and carry the pf9 in town.

trax
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
that's a nice looking handgun there Richard.

crashdive123
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice weapon. As to some handguns being too heavy for concealed carry.....it's been my experience that if I just gain about 15 pounds or so it feels just about right.;)

BraggSurvivor
10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Nothing. It's a great home defense weapon. It's a bit heavy for CCW, that's all. The PF9 is much lighter. It's the old trade off I'm afraid. I love the .45 but opted for the 9mm because of the weight.

I'll carry the XD in the woods and carry the pf9 in town.

Must be nice Rick, envious is the word that comes to mind. When I transport a restricted weapon, I have to call the government, make the gun in operable, put on a trigger lock, and put in a lockable color coded case hidden in a locked trunk.

And on top of that, it is illegal to discharge one on my own property.

Coming to you soon too Rickster. :(

Rick
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Here's a little clip of something I did for the Feds while the State boys were re-issuing my CCW. Yea, we can carry in our car, in a bar, in the town and all around. Inside carry and outside, too. Carry concealed or out in plain view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKeqpJMDdZw&feature=related

Sourdough
10-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Must be nice Rick, envious is the word that comes to mind. When I transport a restricted weapon, I have to call the government, make the gun in operable, put on a trigger lock, and put in a lockable color coded case hidden in a locked trunk.

And on top of that, it is illegal to discharge one on my own property.

Coming to you soon too Rickster. :(

WOW....You are forbidden from giving us crap about how awful America is.....Just wait till the NEXT election we will catch up......on firearms control.

Rick
10-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Ahem. I seem to remember something about a Supreme Court ruling ensuring the "right to bare arms" or something like that.

trax
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
um....that Bragg fella sure is law-abiding, but more importantly, regarding post #7, I don't think you should be allowed to talk like Dr. Seuss when discussing firearms

Rick
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
This from a guy that speaks Canajun!

laughing beetle
10-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I am ashamed to say that I have never fired any sort of firearm beyond pellet and bb guns. I just have never had the opportunity. I am looking into the proper courses and training. money and time issues mostly. Need to get that taken care of.

nell67
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Nice gun Rick.

Rick
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you. Actually, it's pretty darned comfortable in the arrangement. I'm heading to the firing range Monday to play.

Sourdough
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Ahem. I seem to remember something about a Supreme Court ruling ensuring the "right to bare arms" or something like that.

Short sleeve shirt.....

Rick
10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Exactly!! .........

trax
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I am ashamed to say that I have never fired any sort of firearm beyond pellet and bb guns. I just have never had the opportunity. I am looking into the proper courses and training. money and time issues mostly. Need to get that taken care of.

You're on the right track,nothing to be ashamed of, do the courses etc. (Really want to research some of the people selling those courses too, though, from what I hear. You might find out when you get your copy of the contract back that you accidentally signed up for the Lebanese Free Militia or the We Own the Night Peoples' Police Force or some such thing.) Anyway, grab the courses learn the safety rules and then get right out there and KILL SOMETHING!! um, I uh mean uh...enjoy the wonderful sports of target shooting and hunting, yeah that's what I meant...ok then...

always know where the muzzle's pointed, you'll never shoot anything by accident. (that's the theory, always can be tough)

Ole WV Coot
10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Nothing like the sound of gunfire, the screams of the dying, the bright color of the blood and the mess it makes. After that I turn of the TV and go outside and play with the dog. Those are nice pistols, still weigh a ton after carrying it all day. I can't tell much difference between my 45 and Walther 380 after a few hrs.

Rick
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM
The .45 is the big one. The one that makes the most noise when you squeeze it too hard.:D