PDA

View Full Version : number one.

ATough
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
what do you think is the number one survival tip? and the number one survival skill?

ATough
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I think the number one tip would be, to stay calm and rational.
as for the skill I would say to make fire.

Fog_Harbor
08-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Number one tip: Hydrate or die
Number one skill: Building shelter

wareagle69
08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
number one tip: always be prepared
number one skill:hard to prioritize all depends on climate,geography and situation.

Sarge47
08-29-2007, 07:54 PM
what do you think is the number one survival tip? and the number one survival skill?

...The situation/circumstances. STOP! Remember! The 1st survival skill is to sit your sorry tail down and relax! Learn that 1st! Then follow the rest of the formula! Number one survival tip? "DFD" (Don't Freakin' Die!) Remember that BeeGee's Disco Song from "Saturday Night Fever"? "Stayin' alive. Stayin' Alive"!
;)

spiritman
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I agree with sarge, just STOP. Sit Observe Think Plan, thats how you keep from dying.

#1 skill? hard to say but fire is my favorite;)

Sarge47
08-29-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree with sarge, just STOP. Sit Observe Think Plan, thats how you keep from dying.

#1 skill? hard to say but fire is my favorite;)

That took guts! I'm willing to drop all the past garbage and start new, and I mean NEW. I don't dredge up the past, and you don't! PAX! If you agree then we're definately Wolf Brothers! BTW, fire's no good up in the mountains above treeline, but I think you already know that.:cool:

spiritman
08-29-2007, 08:21 PM
lol ok deal. New it is brother.

Sarge47
08-29-2007, 08:26 PM
lol ok deal. New it is brother.

Th Wolf Pack is solid again, and to tell you all the truth, dispite the harsh words that have flown in the past, I respect this group's, knowledge and skills more than any other group out there. In my opinion the Wolf Pack Rules! (Never did "grow up!"):rolleyes:

spiritman
08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
lol the way we say brother and other things makes us sound like a cult!

carcajou garou
08-29-2007, 08:36 PM
STOP is a good first step but having a few basic items make it all much easier.
The Skill: ability to improvise, wether: fire, tools, shelters

criticalmass
08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
No. 1 tip: Remember that it takes more than one skill to survive.
No. 1 skill: Utilizing all of your skills.

robneville73
08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Tip - Stay Dry @ all Costs
Skill - Think - your best tool is your brain - use it.

trax
08-30-2007, 10:02 AM
1. think
2.do

scabbyota
08-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Your will to live.

ATough
08-30-2007, 09:36 PM
the real reason I started this was because a wanted everyones knowledge. so maybe you could just start posting tips.

DEET
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
the real reason I started this was because a wanted everyones knowledge. so maybe you could just start posting tips.

Don't eat yellow snow:D

In all seriuosness train your brain it's the best tool you have. By this I mean go to your local public library and read every book you can find on the subject and actually try out what you learned in a controled environment. If possible take a class. The real tip I'll leave with here is don't eat mushrooms, the risk isn't worth it and they don't really give you too much by way of nutrients.

Fog_Harbor
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
The real tip I'll leave with here is don't eat mushrooms, the risk isn't worth it and they don't really give you too much by way of nutrients.

Yeah, it actually takes more calories to digest a mushroom than it provides.

ryaninmichigan
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
get comfortable with it. that is the woods. Comfortable = I am o.k. ..........

owl_girl
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it actually takes more calories to digest a mushroom than it provides.
Same with apples, though they do have nutrients not much for calories.

SOE digital
08-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Number one tip: Stay calm
Number one skill: Light a fire.

Sarge47
08-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Number one tip: Stay calm
Number one skill: Light a fire.

I'm going to disagree with # 2 as more fires are set by accident than by arson. It's not hard to start a fire if you're in the right place. I've been doing it since I was 8, but it's not always the thing to do. If your above tree line in the mountains, for example, or lost at sea, in the desert, or in a very dry area. Remember that lawyer who was wanting a survival question on fire answered?
Just my duos Centavos.:rolleyes:

FVR
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
#1 Relaxxxxxxxxx

#2 Deep breath, look around, observe surroundings.

Now it's time to get to work.

SOE digital
08-31-2007, 01:37 AM
It's not hard to start a fire if you're in the right place

Yeah, but it's still the most important skill to have, regardless of how easy it is. Without fire you're really in the ****s. It's good for morale. Can sometimes be an alternative to having a shelter. Can dry meat. Can cook any meal. Makes water safe(r) to drink. Can be used for signals. Provides protection from many forms of wild life, including insects. Drys wet clothing.

Regardless of how easy it is, it's definately the most important skill. Without a fire, you're pretty much stuffed in the long run.

owl_girl
08-31-2007, 01:52 AM
When I’m lost I like to calm my self down I thinking to my self…. well at least I’m on earth.:D

Strider
08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I think the best tip is to first get a shelter up, find a water source, put up GTA signals, and wait.

Fog_Harbor
09-02-2007, 06:33 AM
It's not hard to start a fire if you're in the right place

Yeah, but it's still the most important skill to have, regardless of how easy it is. Without fire you're really in the ****s. It's good for morale. Can sometimes be an alternative to having a shelter. Can dry meat. Can cook any meal. Makes water safe(r) to drink. Can be used for signals. Provides protection from many forms of wild life, including insects. Drys wet clothing.

Regardless of how easy it is, it's definately the most important skill. Without a fire, you're pretty much stuffed in the long run.

I disagree. Fire is a wonderful thing, but shelter will keep you alive when fire is not possible, at least in the short term. By default, that makes fire secondary.

When I refer to shelter, I mean anything that keeps you away from the elements, and serves to reserve, or redirect your body heat for better use, such as keeping you warmer (or cooler) longer.

survival scout
09-03-2007, 10:01 AM
best tip: know what ur doing and don't go over your head
best skill: knowing how to survive

owl_girl
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
It depends on the situation. For example if you were stuck out in the ocean without a boat I’d say swimming is your #1 skill lol