PDA

View Full Version : Canned goods, the new addition to Bragg's "axis of......"

BraggSurvivor
09-25-2008, 02:23 AM
I hope everyone has stocked up. When this unwinds food will be off the shelf in no more than 4 days. Shipments may very well be discontinued until the banks operate properly again.

The only thing I have left to cache is more:

Vodka
Whisky
Scotch
Rum

... the Axis of Smashed!" I like it!

... wait, that is four. And axis is three. The Fab Four? The Four Drunken Horsemen of the Financial Apocalypse? :D

marylp
09-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Did I miss something? What will be discontinued?

Rick
09-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Just the Rants.....

crashdive123
09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Don't worry Mary, Bragg is just our resident doomsayer. :eek: Kind of like that crazy uncle that you have to tolerate around Thanksgiving. You try to ignore him......but he's family.;)

Rick
09-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Well, crap!!! I knew I'd seen him before. Bragg IS my crazy uncle. What a small world.

Tony uk
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I dought food will be off the shelfs in 4 days, even if the banks go down

Fletcher
09-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I dought food will be off the shelfs in 4 days, even if the banks go down

He's talking about his pantry shelfs!!

crashdive123
09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I've seen pics of Bragg's "pantry". I think he's good for more than a few days.

Tony uk
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I've seen pics of Bragg's "pantry". I think he's good for more than a few days.

Agreed :p

Even longer if you ration it.

BraggSurvivor
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Word of warning: stories of fuel shortages at gas stations on the east coast , followed by fights add to that news reports of goods sitting on both coasts that cannot be unloaded because banks will not extend the credit to move the goods.

I'd say if you have any durable item purchases you've been putting off that are important to your well being, you should proceed to the store and buy them NOW.

Riverrat
09-30-2008, 06:48 AM
When we had a truckers "strike" here a few years ago, stores had three days supply, normal buying. My sister works in a large grocery store and she tells me now it is almost out of the box, it lands on the self and gone, not much stock stored any more. If it is panic buying, less then a day will see most stores closing there doors. Not doom and gloom, just straight facts from Ole NB anyway.