PDA

View Full Version : keeping an open mind

wareagle69
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
the one thing that constantly amazes me when i go out into the bush is what it has to teach me, as i previously quote about going to the wilderness to see if i could not learn from what it had to teach, but alas sometimes i am to dimwitted to see what mother nature has to offer, which is why i am glad for the other influences in my life, my bush mentor alan, my books from which i glean much info to practice with, from my compadres here who offer their tidbits, and to my wife, who tonight when out hiking i came across a disturbed area about 12 by 12 inches across i knelt down wondering aloud what could have done this, as she walks by she says a grouse did that, and as i looked closer sure enough a small feather and a couple pieces of scat, mrs eagle walks ahead with a smile on her face saying that she got to teach the great wareagle something tonight, as those of you here that know about the mrs she has an immense amount of knowledge about animals while i focus on edibles and fire and shelter, but as i pointed out to her i will learn from anything i can, i a six year old points out something i missed i am grateful.

just a passing comment from today my freinds reminding each and every one of us to always try to keep an open mind, one never knows where todays lesson will come from.

crashdive123
09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
We can all learn something from anybody or anything........if we allow ourselves.

klkak
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
My first martial arts instructor said.

"Enter with an empty cup so as to have something to carry what you've learned".

My Grandfather said.

"One day you'll figure out that I know what the hell I'm talking about and wish you had listened".

My wife says.

"When I tell you a chicken dips snuff, check his wing".

Riverrat
09-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Lessons can be learned from anywhere, keep an open mind and open eyes. It may surprise you what you learn. I was told this years ago, and to my surprise, dad was right again.

Rick
09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Knowledge is a sweet brook and I'm always thirsty.

Fletcher
09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
If you don't learn somthing new almost eveyday you are WRONG.
Life is all about learning.

crashdive123
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
If you don't learn somthing new almost eveyday you are WRONG.
Life is all about learning.

........or you can learn every day that you've been wrong all along.

Fletcher
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Well there's that and along with about another 500 good ideas
that I've had that just sucked. I did have one very good idea but i forgot what it was!!!!!

crashdive123
09-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Kind of like the story of Thomas A. Edison. On his 1000th try he successfully invented the light bulb. When asked about his failures he responded - failures, what failures? I just discovered 999 ways to not make a light bulb.