PDA

View Full Version : Hello,glad to be here

lumpy
08-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello everyone.I use to be a lurker at another survival site.It shut down for whatever reason.My search for a replacement brought me here.This site seems to be a good match for me.Haven't noticed the ego issues here like I've seen on other sites.I'm a very easygoing guy.I'm not into ego trips.
I'm almost 41 yrs.old.Have a dear wife of 16 years.We've had 3 boys.They are 7,9, and the oldest one would have been 13, but he died 3.5 yrs.ago from something called ALD.This same genetic disease almost claimed the life of my middle son.We were told that he would die also.He survived,but is now blind with a host of other issues.My wife and I would not have survived this situation without putting our complete faith in the love of Jesus Christ.
Enough about that.

Like a lot of people,Katrina got me to doing a lot of thinking.I need to be better prepared than I am.I'm not much on the outdoors.My idea of camping is shutting off the central air conditioner and opening the windows.My situation reminds me of the last major scene in the movie Quigley Down Under.The part where Quigley outdraws the bad guy.Then remarks something like,"I said I never had much use for a handgun.I never said I didn't know how to use one."
That's kinda how I am with the outdoors.
My experience.I've got a canoe trip gone bad story from my youth that I'll share another time.I also spent 6 years in an Army Reserve Special Forces unit.That was a rather interesting experience.During those 6 years,I managed to survive 29 falls from various aircraft.FYI-I never got a chance to go to the Q-course because I had a 2 in my physical profile(eyesite).

I've already introduced myself to nell67.I was having some difficulty posting.She was kind enough to assist me.I don't know her exact location but it appears that we live within 15 miles from one another.
Oh,I almost forgot.If your wondering about my nickname, lumpy. Some guys I use to work with several years ago gave me this name.They said I reminded them of one of the characters in the old TV show Leave It To Beaver,Lumpy Rutherford.Oh well,I guess I could have done a lot worse for a nickname.:D

Sarge47
08-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Welcome to the "Wolf Pack" Lumpy. Maybe we can share sad stories sometime.

nell67
08-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the forum lumpy,so glad you are finally able to post on here now,took a couple of days but you made it!

Tony uk
08-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Welcome Here :D

wareagle69
08-25-2007, 08:43 AM
welcome to the wolf pack lumpy.

trax
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey Lumpy, welcome to the pack. I caught a couple of your postings and saw that they were just rife with some common sense and honesty. You'll do well, young Padawan (since fvr got jeremiah and sarge has lotr, I had to throw in Star Wars). Hope we're all good company.

ATough
08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
welcome lumpy pull up a stump or big rock and get comfortable, welcome to the wolfpack.