PDA

View Full Version : Tea Tree Oil ( Melaleuca Oil )

sgtdraino
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Anybody have much experience with this stuff? I shave with it, but apparently it can do much much more: It's an antiseptic, antifungal, burn treatment, bite treatment, acne treatment, dry skin treatment, and bug repellent. It looks like it might also have potential as a fuel source (I plan to experiment), and in a pinch I reckon you could even lubricate your gun with it.

Thoughts?

Gray Wolf
09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
But wait, if you order now, we'll double your order! And if you order within the next two minutes, we'll throw in a fungus of your own, that's right, a brand new fungus created in our lab just for you!

Sorry, got carried away, I have no thoughts of my own...

crashdive123
09-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Sorry, not familiar with it.

Tony uk
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
As far as i know there are many uses for this oil, Ive never heard of the fule one but the others are all possible, to some degree or another

rrsnook
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
how do you extract the oil, we have a bunch of those trees around,they are considered an exotic species down here and if you do any permitted work on your home, fencing etc. you are required to clear them off your property before they will issue c.o. on the permit

sgtdraino
09-17-2008, 01:08 PM
how do you extract the oil, we have a bunch of those trees around,they are considered an exotic species down here and if you do any permitted work on your home, fencing etc. you are required to clear them off your property before they will issue c.o. on the permit

I extract my tea tree oil from Wal-mart. :D

BraggSurvivor
09-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I put 1-2 drops of TeaTree oil under my tongue for an upset stomach or if I feel I'm catching a flu bug. I also use it as an aftershave balm. I think it comes from a tree in Australia.

Ole WV Coot
09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm old fashioned. I still use 10w-30 or if I want to impress I will go to 40w