PDA

View Full Version : company ahh ten chun.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 01:00 PM
stand at...... ease.

okay troops time to pull it together. this is a survival forum. where we share experiences thoughts and opinions, which i realize we have been doing but it has gone to far so i must now pull rank(sorry sarge)and get the mission back on line, any new recruits would not stand among us long reading all this bickering. disagreements are part of this ,as is calling someone out on what some might think is bull ****, but that being said lets try to work together to learn and possibly inspire and educate those who do not have our collective experiences and wisdom(?)

we all have allot to share so lets get with it hooah

always be prepared and yes RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

DISSMISSED.

nell67
08-21-2007, 01:09 PM
HOOYA... or HOOAH either way!!!!!!

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
edit post to read hooah easier to lead than to type.

trax
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm outta here. :D I think everyone has the right to say whatever is on his or her mind, oftentimes it's unfortunate that that's not much, but hey...I'm guilty of that too. You've all noticed, I hope, that I like to kid around and I hope that any newbie here can take a little ribbing.

I also hope that in expressing what we have to say, we can all do it in a civilized manner, or as civilized as a wolf pack can get, I suppose.

ryaninmichigan
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
why would I agree with someone who is wrong?

nell67
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
edit post to read hooah easier to lead than to type.

haha wareagle lead on !!

and ryan,how pray tell is he wrong???

trax
08-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Who said you should? If you think someone's wrong, tell them. I told you when I thought you were wrong, we still get along ok. Look at that nice little pi##ing match vol and I managed a while back. We still get along.

I think a lot is in how we say what we have to say, if someone thinks I'm being a total a-hole,because of what I think or because of the way I kid around, then let me know. I'll go pout and never talk to them again:D :D Seriously, I'll try to treat them more respectfully, it's a public forum man, by it's very nature that should mean all are welcome.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
i am not saying to agree with someone you disagree with but it often resorts to bickering that is not helpful to anyone, stating you opinion is valid but to call each other names because they disagree with you is not nessecary, look at any other forum i have not seen this behavior there.there are times you have said things that didn,t fit with me but thats you regime not mine, i'm just saying if i was new here i would not be able to see the wisdom thru the bull****, i find it odd how the threads with the most bickering have the most responses and a thread like how to cure meat has few responses but those who did respond i found the most info on.

volwest care to hazard a thought on that?

trax
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
volwest care to hazard a thought on that?

I always think volwest is lurking around out there waiting to pounce:) and hey, wait a second ...what the h### is "pt the heck out me?" :eek:

nell67
08-21-2007, 01:56 PM
LOL it means drop and give me 40 isnt all you are gonna do,how fast can you run?How many chin ups can ya do???I think you are gonna be sore tomorrow!

trax
08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
LOL it means drop and give me 40 isnt all you are gonna do,how fast can you run?How many chin ups can ya do???I think you are gonna be sore tomorrow!

that kind of sore I can deal with:D :D

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
not what i expected honestly but even though i dissagre at times with volwest he would be my first pick to run my psy ops program. i agree it might get boring discussing the arrangement of my bob,and the arguments do make for interesting reading, istill think that there is a core group here who like any family will bicker(not that i know family dynamics since i am an orphan hense the loner part)but my concern is to outside wovles looking to join the pack.

gotta say you kept me waiting long enough for you post vw. well nap time

adios amigos.

spiritman
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I see the point in what both of you have to say, kind of. It is that we have a common ground that we are familiar enough with that we CAN share who we are and learn about others. It is only by this common ground that we can see into each other. If I were to try and relate to you through my job as a projectionist none of you could understand who the h*ll I am at all, because you just can't relate to threading up a movie, or splicing or brain wraps on crappy equipment or how satisfying it is to build up a perfect movie and watch it. But when you throw in common ground like here you can suddenly understand something about me. You have started a fire with a magnifying glass! you have eaten some cattails you have slept under a tree! And now you know a little more of who I am. And likewise I know a little more of you, we have "shared"

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I’m actually attracted to forums that have good debates on them. (Not the kind with nothing but emotional name calling) but a good debate based off reasoning

spiritman
08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I’m actually attracted to forums that have good debates on them. (Not the kind with nothing but emotional name calling) but a good debate based off reasoning

well as to that... what about me and sarge debating? before the final fallout I mean.

trax
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Wareagle,

So in the end, what are we doing here ? I find many survival oriented minds to be interesting and i do "lurk", because i find a certain call within those minds to re-connect with nature. And also, a certain disconnect with what some call "society" which is of course appealing to me.
Loners, or quiet people, coming together under a certain ceremony that we call "survival", is almost too exciting...and this excitement is called "bickering"...it is the wolf pack playing and running, fighting and howling, sniffing and observing, but under all of this chaos like happenings, the trained eye will see a common direction.

Don't we share a direction my friend ?
Can you feel it in the wind ?

I think we found each others for a reason, and that reason is not curing meat.

Your comparison between our behaviour here and that of an actual wolf pack is quite good volwest. I have had the unbelievable good fortune to observe them in the wild. And as much as I was ribbing you a bit about the lurking, there are always those who will lurk around the outskirts of the pack, while the others bounce and nip at each other while playing. You do lurk and I mean that as a compliment, I often do as well, but I think you more often. The meat-curing, what survival knife etc, is still part of what we're doing here, the information is valid and the process akin to wolves sniffing each other out.

ryaninmichigan
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
haha wareagle lead on !!

and ryan,how pray tell is he wrong???

I took this as a hug and be friends thread. I don’t hug. I don’t follow either. But I am having some fun here reading.

ryaninmichigan
08-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Wareagle,

You think people are here to talk about curing meat ?
What you see as "bickering" could be observed in a wolf pack...this is what makes this site "special" in many ways. It is not just cold hard facts and info on specific survival topics produced by knowledge sharers. It is a living entity, just like a family, and therefore goes further than just survival facts...we share ourselves around the subject of survival. Big difference.

What you call bull**** i call gold mine. After all, you yourself are here, and maybe not on those other sites. If you look closer, we all complete each-others, which is why we were able to talk about group psychology the way we did...if you actually go back and re-read some threads, the dynamics exploding through out are gold mines for any survival mind, in top of having solid info on basic survival technics. The human aspect of this site jumps out because in the end, survival knowledge is always limited by different barriers, that be the amount of **** you can carry, or the variety of ways one can do things like curing meat for example.

But the human aspect of survival seems endless. How many times can we make a survival kit list ? For how long can we talk about knives or multi-tools ? Those subjects have been explored thousands of times and books on this could unclog every old person on this planet.

So in the end, what are we doing here ? I find many survival oriented minds to be interesting and i do "lurk", because i find a certain call within those minds to re-connect with nature. And also, a certain disconnect with what some call "society" which is of course appealing to me.
Loners, or quiet people, coming together under a certain ceremony that we call "survival", is almost too exciting...and this excitement is called "bickering"...it is the wolf pack playing and running, fighting and howling, sniffing and observing, but under all of this chaos like happenings, the trained eye will see a common direction.

Don't we share a direction my friend ?
Can you feel it in the wind ?

I think we found each others for a reason, and that reason is not curing meat.

Do you have a library at home?

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 03:32 PM
well as to that... what about me and sarge debating? before the final fallout I mean.
It was an ok debate. It would not have discouraged me personally from joining. But there were parts that had some name calling. The problem with name calling is it becomes a personal attack and not just a disagreement, when you call names people are more likely to put up a wall and less likely to see the point or logic because now they have to defend them selves and that interferes logical reasoning

trax
08-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I took this as a hug and be friends thread. I don’t hug. I don’t follow either. But I am having some fun here reading.

Ryan, I absolutely promise that you and me are never gonna hug, lol

trax
08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I particularly enjoy the cookbooks:D :D

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
mmmmmmm doughnuts.....

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 05:26 PM
stand at...... ease.

okay troops time to pull it together. this is a survival forum. where we share experiences thoughts and opinions, which i realize we have been doing but it has gone to far so i must now pull rank(sorry sarge)and get the mission back on line, any new recruits would not stand among us long reading all this bickering. disagreements are part of this ,as is calling someone out on what some might think is bull ****, but that being said lets try to work together to learn and possibly inspire and educate those who do not have our collective experiences and wisdom(?)

we all have allot to share so lets get with it hooah

always be prepared and yes RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

DISSMISSED.

Yo wareagle, I understand where you're coming from, but doing what was done on "Rescuing Private 47" was more than an insult or a debate; it was a violation of privacy & trust. The same thing done in other forums have gotten members that did it banned! I am not angry, I am dissapointed. There have been others I have talked to privately and I would never violate that by posting it on the site to be read by the rest of the group. That's just wrong Brother Wolf. (sorry, can't find a smiley that's saluting.):rolleyes:

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
lot's of reading for oyu to catch up on sarge we've been busy on the forum today but i was awaiting your response on this, btw i found a company who will ship the bb to me at twice the cost of the bb crazieness i tell you but i ordered two packs to bad i cannot find them up here hard to justify the price of shipping.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
lot's of reading for oyu to catch up on sarge we've been busy on the forum today but i was awaiting your response on this, btw i found a company who will ship the bb to me at twice the cost of the bb crazieness i tell you but i ordered two packs to bad i cannot find them up here hard to justify the price of shipping.

I started back to work yesterday and still trying to catch up on sleep. Since you went ahead and mentioned the BB, I'll just say: "Great!":D

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM
teh bb didn't seem confidental to me thats why i mentioned it.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
teh bb didn't seem confidental to me thats why i mentioned it.

I'm glad you used initials, now everyone else will think we're talking about something Harmless.:eek:

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
i know i did it to stir up controvercy

FVR
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Conflict,

is not always bad.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
i thought you might get a kick outta my post fvr.

FVR
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I do enjoy your posts.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
thank you sir.

and that's number 300 so i can call it a day i spent way to much time on here w/o the boss around to keep me in line hmm sarge was gone 3 hrs look at the power trip i had, wonder what's gonna happen with the wife gone to her sisters for a whole week?

FVR
08-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I'd have my gear packed and would be heading out the door. May just take a couple days off work and go walk into the mountains across the street.

Early in the week, then come out, S,S, and S, and go out for a steak dinner, and a Corona of course.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
i was with ya all the way until the corona.

FVR
08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
The wife is gone, remember.

I have not had a drink since Jan. Pickle juice and olive juice quenche the craving.