PDA

View Full Version : Go Scouts!

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
1st things 1st: To SOE: Man! Scouting must Suck "down-under"!:D

To Trax: What, you actually "punched-out" a fellow Cub-scout?:rolleyes:

To Ryan & anyone else: There is good and bad in everything; jobs, homes, orginizations. We have one Scout troop here who are "hard-core" winter campers, snow or no. All that to the side, Explorer scouts is also a possibility. When I was at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin, we started on up. We had a couple of older chaperones and had a great time! Let you imagination work For you!;)

trax
08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
It was just one punch, I may have exaggerated. The scout troop leader or whatever you call those guys, had us spread a bunch of mats out and told us we were going to "wrestle" I'm the youngest of four brothers btw, so there was always plenty of rough-housing when we were kids and I was the smallest so I got pretty scrappy. I was also really shy and two of my older brothers had dragged me along to the organization in the first place....So I guess this scout master/leader guy thought he could get me more involved and told me and this other kid to go first. The kid tossed me on my back a few times and I jumped up and punched him in the nose. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong....honest! That's the way it was between me and my bros,no rules, so the kid's nose starts spouting blood and I was like "whoops" and the guy in charge started freaking out and screaming at me to get out. So I walked home. Turns out it was his kid, the kid was bigger than me too! Anyway, I really didn't feel like going back after that and running off into the bush camping, hiking, hunting, snaring, fishing, were all pretty much what I did for recreation on my own anyway. Personally, I have no issues whatsoever with Scouts as an organization and I think they've probably done a world of good for thousands and thousands of youngsters. I'm just not one of them, LOL.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 12:21 PM
It was just one punch, I may have exaggerated. The scout troop leader or whatever you call those guys, had us spread a bunch of mats out and told us we were going to "wrestle" I'm the youngest of four brothers btw, so there was always plenty of rough-housing when we were kids and I was the smallest so I got pretty scrappy. I was also really shy and two of my older brothers had dragged me along to the organization in the first place....So I guess this scout master/leader guy thought he could get me more involved and told me and this other kid to go first. The kid tossed me on my back a few times and I jumped up and punched him in the nose. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong....honest! That's the way it was between me and my bros,no rules, so the kid's nose starts spouting blood and I was like "whoops" and the guy in charge started freaking out and screaming at me to get out. So I walked home. Turns out it was his kid, the kid was bigger than me too! Anyway, I really didn't feel like going back after that and running off into the bush camping, hiking, hunting, snaring, fishing, were all pretty much what I did for recreation on my own anyway. Personally, I have no issues whatsoever with Scouts as an organization and I think they've probably done a world of good for thousands and thousands of youngsters. I'm just not one of them, LOL.

Sounds like the ..."Den Mother...er..father,should have used that as a good place to start some "on-the-spot" 1st aid training. Wished I had you for a friend when I was growing up. Because of a "domestic political situation" in out neighborhood, my folks wouldn't let me join the scouts. I sat by and watched them all enjoy themselves. My 1st cousin, who I mentioned earlier as the Viet Nam Vet was a scout in a different town and he kept telling me what a blast he was having. I actually spent my allowance at a 2nd hand store to buy an old uniform and a Boy Scout Handbook. The Handbook was the best deal I ever got.:o

trax
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Probably the first and last "slugfest" I ever got to be the guy that walked away from, :D :D :D

trax
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Wished I had you for a friend when I was growing up. :o

Thanks Sarge, I bet we would have had some kickass times :)

FVR
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Okay, I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts.

Ya see, when I was a kid, I was a bit little. Went to bootcamp weighing 130lbs at 18.

Well this big italian kid Dominic, use to beat up on me. He was in my scout troop, well oneday I got tired of it. He came up to put a whooping on me with a stick, so I pulled out a copper chain that I had pulled out of an old window sash.

I beat the hell out of him.

I got booted from the scouts and my mom whooped me.

IT WAS WORTH IT!

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Okay, I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts.

Ya see, when I was a kid, I was a bit little. Went to bootcamp weighing 130lbs at 18.

Well this big italian kid Dominic, use to beat up on me. He was in my scout troop, well oneday I got tired of it. He came up to put a whooping on me with a stick, so I pulled out a copper chain that I had pulled out of an old window sash.

I beat the hell out of him.

I got booted from the scouts and my mom whooped me.

IT WAS WORTH IT!

Man, wasn't it SOE who said the Boy Scouts were a bunch of sissies?:eek: You & Trax sure turned the tables on that one!:rolleyes: However, I do know what you mean. Untill I was in my 20's I was so thin I could stand sideways, stick out my tounge, and look like a zipper!:D

FVR
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Sarge,

You're killing me, again.LOL.

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 09:55 PM
i never was one for joining in group activities surprised everyone that i made it thru the military not me though they let me carry a weapon that fired a thousand rounds per minute ahh the good ol days.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Listen to this. In the 8th grade I was playing "tag" football in my gym class. My PE teacher/coach/sadist placed me opposite this really big guy and told me to block him. You've all heard of the 98 lb. weakling, right, well I was short 10 lbs..
Anyway, I'm standing on my spot looking "Godzilla" square in the eye and realize that if I don't want to wind up as something he's gonna have to scrape off of his shoe, I gotta have a plan.:eek: So when the ball was snapped I quickly side-stepped him, leaving my out-stretched leg in his way for him to trip over. The red-faced coach blew his whistle, then blew up, at me! "That's illegal, you can't do that!" I yelled back that to stay in place was deadly! He buried his fist into my gut! That's Chicago for ya, even the teachers had 'tudes!:rolleyes: Still, I figured I got off better than if I'd let "Bluto" steamroll over me!

FVR
08-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Nobody, my family, friends, even the girl that I met at the airport before I jumped on the plane to SC, thought I would make it through PI.

They all said "they are going to send you back in a body bag."

All depends on how bad you want something.

I'm with ya Sarge. Wrestled 82lb my freshman year, 98 my soph. year. One time walked down the wrong hall, me and a buddy. The brothers picked us up, through us against the wall, and wanted us to call them Sir, in front of all their friends. My buddy did, I did not. "What do you call me?" "I call you Deerick" he then called me the ballsiest little white boy in hs. No problems after that.

I did however have the shakes for three days. My eyes twitched and my head kept jerking to the left.

FVR
08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Volwest gonna have fun with this.LOL.