PDA

View Full Version : Rescuing Private47

spiritman
08-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts everyone, but now it is time to put down smoking guns and resume what peace we had before the war began.

Special thanks to those who called for me and sarge to restrain ourselves, I have done it for a couple of you and I am glad that you would do the same!

And again sarge I apologize that I offended you and broke what is your idea of trust, I will definitely keep in mind how you feel about it in the future.

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 04:11 AM
I’m not really sure what you want my opinion on.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Spiritman, the thread on recusing myself was a joke, and I didn't mention your name because the messages had been private. I didn't have your permission just like you didn't have mine to post what you did. Here's the skinny; in any survival situation there has to be trust, you just burned yours with me, which is why, after posting this, I'm hitting the "ignore" button on your name, good day.

spiritman
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks Volwest for saying that, and about mentioning my name, I was actually coming on to point that out. that's why I titled my message To those who are still wondering, in response to his new thread.

At first I admit that i did like the challenge of the debate with sarge, but it got out of hand.

so....

Are we done with this yet? Ya know, like I asked you personally before you went and decided to start that thread?

trax
08-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I’m not really sure what you want my opinion on.

I want your opinion on anything you want to express an opinion on:)

spiritman
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I want your opinion on anything you want to express an opinion on:)

lol thats what I was asking for

trax
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Is there really an "ignore" button?

trax
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
there is, no one will answer me...sigh...:confused: :confused: :confused:

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
there is, no one will answer me...sigh...:confused: :confused: :confused:
yes there is

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
awfully lonely out there on the prairie eh trax?

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
poor trax...*gives trax hug*

wareagle69
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
is this supposed to be saving private47 or rescuing private47?
hugging? is that kind of like snuggling?

trax
08-21-2007, 04:48 PM
is there a blushing icon??? thanx owl_girl.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
The "ignore button" ?

I don't think you had to mention spiritman's name for us to understand who you were referring too. Trust is not measured by what people do, but by what they never forget to do. The intent of Spiritman behind posting your conversations was not, from my window, malicious, or disrespectful...clumsy yes, but what Spiritman never forgets to do is communicate and express his views to better understand himself and others.
This is why he asked what others thought about the subject, and that in itself negates self importance. I will take clumsiness over self importance any day.

Of course, we all have a different definition of trust.
If we were in a group survival situation, and you pressed that "ignore button" on one of the members, it would become my priority, for ignoring one another is the last thing a group needs to function. Disagreements, fights, discussions, anger... are all signs of trying to deal with "it"...ignoring is shutting down...and that's a big no no.

Posting private messages IS a big deal. Violating a person's privacy is just as much against the law as giving the wrong advice to underage kids like you spoke about earlier. If I can't trust someone on this matter then I won't have anything to do with them. Sorry if you disagree.:mad:

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Well spiritman I put what I thought about debates on the company ahh ten chun thread. What I think about what the BW guys should have don, I think they should have tested it out a couple times for a week in the summer so they could make changes to their plan if they found they needed to, then test it out in the fall for a week or 2 so that they have a better understanding of what they need or what they should learn before they take the plunge, but taking the plunge in October without a blanket… I think those too are going to be cuddling. I think they should holed off a year and get more practice instead of saying (omg they only have a couple months to prepare) and using that as a stunt. I admire people who do like primitive/minimalist camping and roughing it and when I have enough experience I plan on doing some myself, but these guys are a bit crazy, and with there attitude I’d say their showing off.

Sarge47
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I didn't say it was not a big deal.
I simply said maybe we should look at his intent for doing so, and not the act in itself.

This does not negate his actions...it explains them, and in this light we learn, we grow, we get stronger and less clumsy. Just like a little wolfy hey ?

What are yu suggestig? The SM is someway imature, or just young? What about some sort of a resoloution?:confused: I don't mind his opinions, but to betray the privacy is the point, however, to show my hearts in the right place, I'm open to your suggestions as long as I feel they are valid.:(

trax
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
First off, I said I wasn't even gonna talk about those two idiots plans anymore, but owl_girl, those two aren't going to wind up cuddling spending October in the bush of northern Manitoba without blankets, they're going to wind up married lmao...no shots at me and wareagle plz.

Sarge, everyone, I think the privacy issue is a big deal. All I can say is anything that is said to me in private will remain in private and hopefully, you'll all show the same consideration. {Otherwise how can I keep pervin' on owl_girl and nell and all those cutsie little teenagers? j/k}

Sarge47
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
What i am "suggesting" is that ignoring is not the best plan to arrive at a resolution.

Here's the issue: While I tend to agree with you I also think that what other course of action taken will be somewhat dictated by the options available, and there's not too many here. Here's the problem the way I see it. !st, I didn't care about the thread title "demoting" me from "Sargent" to "Private", just thought it was childish and let it go at that. 2nd, as you've already explained more eloquently than I ever could, it wasn't the "debating". Everybody here is entitled to their opinion, even if all the others disagree with it, that's what this site is about. 3rd, a nasty precedent has been set. A violation of trust & privacy. It shouldn't simply be overlooked as that seems to send the message that nothing bad has been done, thereby giving said person the feeling that it would be okay to repeat the act. Yet there should be an accounting. I don't believe that said person should be barred from the site; I think they should be given a 2nd chance but should also take responsibility for their actions, possibly doing the following three things. 1.) Publicly (within the group) acknowledge their wrongdoing. 2.) Offer a sincere apology. & 3.) Promise never to violate the sanctity of the privacy issue again. Not being able to do this in person excludes a 4th action which would be a mutual shaking of hands. Yes, you are right about your view of "Wolf Pack Behavior". However at the same time we are humans with a bit more intelligence and responsibility than the animal we tend to take after. Wow! look at me going on & on & you the one with the brief posts!:rolleyes:

spiritman
08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Well spiritman I put what I thought about debates on the company ahh ten chun thread. What I think about what the BW guys should have don, I think they should have tested it out a couple times for a week in the summer so they could make changes to their plan if they found they needed to, then test it out in the fall for a week or 2 so that they have a better understanding of what they need or what they should learn before they take the plunge, but taking the plunge in October without a blanket… I think those too are going to be cuddling. I think they should holed off a year and get more practice instead of saying (omg they only have a couple months to prepare) and using that as a stunt. I admire people who do like primitive/minimalist camping and roughing it and when I have enough experience I plan on doing some myself, but these guys are a bit crazy, and with there attitude I’d say their showing off.

Thanks owl_girl I wholeheartedly agree with you! Thanks for giving me your thoughts.

spiritman
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Here's the issue: While I tend to agree with you I also think that what other course of action taken will be somewhat dictated by the options available, and there's not too many here. Here's the problem the way I see it. !st, I didn't care about the thread title "demoting" me from "Sargent" to "Private", just thought it was childish and let it go at that. 2nd, as you've already explained more eloquently than I ever could, it wasn't the "debating". Everybody here is entitled to their opinion, even if all the others disagree with it, that's what this site is about. 3rd, a nasty precedent has been set. A violation of trust & privacy. It shouldn't simply be overlooked as that seems to send the message that nothing bad has been done, thereby giving said person the feeling that it would be okay to repeat the act. Yet there should be an accounting. I don't believe that said person should be barred from the site; I think they should be given a 2nd chance but should also take responsibility for their actions, possibly doing the following three things. 1.) Publicly (within the group) acknowledge their wrongdoing. 2.) Offer a sincere apology. & 3.) Promise never to violate the sanctity of the privacy issue again. Not being able to do this in person excludes a 4th action which would be a mutual shaking of hands. Yes, you are right about your view of "Wolf Pack Behavior". However at the same time we are humans with a bit more intelligence and responsibility than the animal we tend to take after. Wow! look at me going on & on & you the one with the brief posts!:rolleyes:

Ok sarge, because I am a nice guy who doesn't tend to get offensive and blame it on where I come from or my upbringing, and I like you, so I'll do what I can to appease you.

1/2) I admit I was getting extreme by posting what Sarge said to me privately. But there is no way that anybody HERE could've missed who you were talking about the way you started that thread "recusing myself" so I wasn't the first to violate any kind of "trust" or "privacy" and then you went and took it out of context anyways. i was simply putting what was said in context for everyone, seeing how it made ME look like the little pussy cat jerk. I was not trying to divulge any secret you may have with me and I DO apologize that it offended you sarge and I will go ahead and delete the posts that include what you said even though I see nothing offensive about them that people can get out of them.

3) I doubt I will ever again feel the need to reveal what someone said to me in private for three reasons: first because I don't think I will have anybody go to the lengths you did with me to try and prove a point, second because I almost always agree with you guys about survival, and we all end up agreeing in the end, and finally I doubt I will be getting that many private messages anyways because I'm not too big on them because I trust everyone here with everything I say.

4) This is me reaching out to you now Sarge, so this can all get back on track.

Chris
08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I think this thread has run it's course. Plus, a whole thread that by it's title is about a single member, that is a little shady I think.