PDA

View Full Version : flash flooding in my area

owl_girl
08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
So anyway there was a flash flood last night and a bunch of highways are under water, bridges are out, and railroads are down. I saw this one bridge that had been completely destroyed by a conex box that got slammed into it by the raging river. Now one can get out or in that part of town because of it. One of my moms friend that live in my city got evacuated in the middle of night by a boat. More rain is coming tonight. My mom cant get to work because part of the highway is under water and a bridge is out that she has to cross to get there. Me and my family are ok, we’re on high ground.

Here some photos and videos of what’s going on
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_231080417.html

nell67
08-20-2007, 06:31 AM
glad you are all ok ,keep us up to date on whats going on.

Sarge47
08-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Be cautious, even after the water subsides. Stay safe & dry. The Wolf Pack is hoping for the best. Glad your OK!:cool:

owl_girl
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for your concern guys. Yeah there’s a lot of road damage. Its suppose to rain all week :eek: but I don’t think there will be any more flooding… I hope not.

trax
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you and your are ok, owl_girl, are you good for supplies and fresh water if you wind up stranded? Keep us posted, girl.

owl_girl
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm glad you and your are ok, owl_girl, are you good for supplies and fresh water if you wind up stranded? Keep us posted, girl.
We‘re good on supplies. We are on really high ground (half way up a bluff) so we won’t get flooded but a mudslide might be possible. I have a friend that’s stranded in a neighboring town because of that bridge that collapsed. They’ll be ok though. We probably won’t get stranded because our side of town is higher up. However there are a lot of houses down in the low areas that are completely flooded. It must have been pretty scary waking up in the middle of the night to fined your house half way under water, sirens going, and a boat with flashlights at your window telling you to jump in. that’s what happened to my moms friend who lives down in the lower part of our city, they didn’t have time to grab anything, they almost didn’t make it. There’s a lot of damage everywhere, but the waters are subsiding.

owl_girl
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
It’s going to take a long time to fix this mess.
http://wcco.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_231090437/view?slide=0