PDA

View Full Version : How old are you?

SOE digital
08-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Seriously.
I've been reading some very stupid comments lately. The type I'd expect from 13 year old MvsW fanboys.
I just wanna know how old the people are that I'm chatting to.
Seams like a lot of talk, with a lot of people with zero experience.

Myself, I'm only 20.

Sarge47
08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Seriously.
I've been reading some very stupid comments lately. The type I'd expect from 13 year old MvsW fanboys.
I just wanna know how old the people are that I'm chatting to.
Seams like a lot of talk, with a lot of people with zero experience.

Myself, I'm only 20.

I'm 60, was it my bad?:rolleyes:

ryaninmichigan
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
i am 35 sounds like you are the punk:D but i have posion darts............

nell67
08-17-2007, 06:31 AM
double your age,double your experience.

trax
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
49...still 49, third time I've been asked in 3 weeks of being here...Looking ahead at the big five-oh and grimacing...Sarge! tell me it's going to be ok :eek: ...LOL

owl_girl
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I’m 21, its in my profile.

spiritman
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I am also 20, and thats in my profile also.

wareagle69
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM
old enough to know better but i still do it any how 38

nell67
08-17-2007, 06:18 PM
If only it was true...

HAHA! yup its true LOL! At least double !

Sarge47
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
lolll nell...

Seriously, I don't see the relevance of age with saying "stupid" things, nor do i see a correlation between age and experience.
Experience is vast...and age is only to situate ourselves in time, which in itself is relative, but this time is not a mean in itself to gather experience...and this experience is not universal, meaning it only serves in a specific environment because experience is gained by exposure. You can be 80 years old, and have never been exposed to many, many, one more time, many things...the rabbit hole continues...this "thing" can reveal itself in many different ways. Actually, it depends on the observer also. Example, we can both go see a movie, and be exposed to it, experience it, and come out with two completely different experiences. You see, experience is very vast and extremely narrow at the same time. If you narrow your exposure to something very specific, and you explore and observe this one little facet of an object, they will call you an expert. In this case our concept of time takes on importance, because it takes time to efficiently explore anything. Time, as we saw earlier is not synonymous with age. The older you get, the more chances you were exposed to a multitude of things, still not making this experience objective or complete. I have met 10 year old experts, and inexperienced 90 year olds...

oops, here i go again...saying stupid things.
How old am I ?
Who gives a **** mate.

So....are you saying your only 10?:rolleyes:

nell67
08-17-2007, 08:22 PM
you are very right volwest,age is not an indicater of experience,it is the sum of what we have been through and done that gives us experience, for me experience came over the past three years of struggling to feed my family when my husband suffered a back injury,that lead to 3 discs being almost completely gone,and 2 more that were showing severe signs of degredation,he is diabetic,and suffers from alot of the complications that goes along with diabetes,we not only lost his income,but mine as well since his doctor appointments icluded procedures that meant he could not drive,seven surgeries in as many months,cost me my job as well,I went on unemployment and drawed that out paying for Cobra rate insurance for him only and that took up a full 1/3 of my monthly unemployment,I could not find another job that would allow me to take time for my husbands medical needs except in the fast food industry,I had to turn to states help for insurance for him, and they pulled me down even further,I had to have 0 income to get him insurance and then they would then also send me a little check $346 to pay all our bills,and give me food stamps,then required me to go back to work and deducted so many dollars from our foodstamps for each dollar I made,try paying the bills and feeding a family of 4,on what they allow you,it just doesnt work,so I took some of the foodstamps and bought garden seeds,and turned my little yard into a fruitful garden,then had to learn again how to preserve what I had grown ( learned as a child but had gotten away from it after I "grew up"),but we are not vegetariens ,so once a week,I would go out to the chicken pen and kill and clean enough chickens ,and to the rabbit pen and kill and clean enough rabbits to get us through the week. only through the week though because I never knew when they would show up to turn off our electric, happened once,and also the water,thank goodness there was a nice creek across the beanfield behind the house,hitched up the little wagon to a worn out riding mower and went off to the other side of the field,loaded up tubs of water and buckets with all the water I could carry and brought it back home and boiled the heck out if it,used it to cook ( on the grill,even learned how to make buscuits and gravy on the grill ) and clean and do laundry,I had blisters from that,big time,because the washer wouldnt work without water actually running into it. I picked berries and whatever else I could find to help feed the family. Lived like that for 3 1/2 years while we waited on the government to agree that my husband was indeed totally and permanantly disabled.

So yea I think I know what experience is all about,LOL.This is what has driven me to learn all I can about survival.

wareagle69
08-17-2007, 08:28 PM
to quote the great chris ledoux

it ain't the years boys, it's the miles...

nell67
08-17-2007, 08:29 PM
So....are you saying your only 10?:rolleyes:

btw... I am 40 there I said it LOL now I feel better!

nell67
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
to quote the great chris ledoux

it ain't the years boys, it's the miles...

LOL I got alot of them miles,wareagle.

wareagle69
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
i give you allot of respect for doing what you have done nell. i guess i am fortunate to have my health although in my profeesion i know i could injure myself also, so we plan for such an occassion, we try to live on 60% of my wages, store food and do not make any unessecary purchases.

nell67
08-17-2007, 10:27 PM
We saved also wareagle,but with the medical bills he incurred it didnt take long to go through what we had saved.You just never know whats going to happen tomorrow,we werent as well off as we though in case something happened,but let me tell ya,I learned alot going through all that,some of it good ,some of it bad,still have alot to learn about survival,thats why I am here.

Fog_Harbor
08-19-2007, 10:53 AM
As old as my tongue, and a tad older than my teeth. My tongue is 40, btw

SOE digital
08-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Nell, didn't you learn about paragraphs in school?

nell67
08-20-2007, 06:54 AM
soe,

Dude,I am not concerned about proper literary writing techniques on this forum,I rarely ever make long posts in which following the rules of writing would be so strictly enforced.

Do not worry about my,nor anyone elses writing styles on this forum,thats not why we are here.

Concentrate instead on learning what you need to know to save your sorry a**,should the need arise,from some of your last posts,it would seem as though you are going to need it to save yourself,because I doubt seriously if you would last too long in a group survival situation.

Oh,by the way,work on your spelling.

trax
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I think that the good manners and common sense of the 14 year old in the other post speaks volumes to how much age matters. A wllingness to learn, to move forward with some caution..at age 14...there you go.

And Nell, don't hold back tell him what you really think :D :D :D

nell67
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
But I tried to be nice about it .... but I just could't help myself.

owl_girl
08-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I think SOE is just one of those people who can’t be happy unless they have something to be agitated about. Am I right SOE? I have family members like that lol

SOE digital
08-21-2007, 02:12 AM
I doubt seriously if you would last too long in a group survival situation

Yeah, that 6 months living in the desert without any outside aid and shelter taught me nothing.
Numpty.

spiritman
08-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Yeah, that 6 months living in the desert without any outside aid and shelter taught me nothing.
Numpty.

hm... by yourself right?

nell67
08-21-2007, 02:44 AM
oh man now I am a numpty :D

spiritman
08-21-2007, 02:46 AM
oh man now I am a numpty :D

lol join the club

trax
08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
you guys are numpties nyah nyah....you know how it goes right? the little tune that goes with it and all?

SOE, congratulations on surviving in the desert et cetera. If I was in the desert I'd definitely be in a "survival" situation because I know nothing about it. In the woods back home I don't even think of it as survival, because I feel pretty much right at home. In both situations, I'd try to get along with other people there (unless volwest tried eating my book collection with me, then there'd be trouble..dah da dah daaaahhhhhh):D :D

nell67
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
It is true that most people acquaint struggling with experience. I cannot say i agree.
I do not know you, and you de not know me, but as a brother by "specie family", i am proud of you for being strong.
You seem very adaptive and courageous, which are two of my favorite state of minds.

How is your situation today ?

Volwest,

we are in much better shape now that he has gotten his disability payments,I still for the time being am still working the job I was in,but am seriously considering going back to college to finish my nursing degree in the spring or taking training to be a EMT.

nell67
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
yes ,I know good money in it too,Its something I planned to do a couple years ago,but got sidetracked by hubbies needs,which was way more important than the money.

I was going to answer this a couple days ago,but I guess you noticed my writing ability got attacked hehe!

texasboy
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I am 14 check my profile.

Tony uk
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
lol join the club
Can i join, I dont mind paying membership fees :)

spiritman
08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
lol it's just a small one time fee(sounds like a get rich quick add...), you simply have to say something that either sarge or soe think is dumb or against what they said and your in!

Fog_Harbor
08-26-2007, 05:20 PM
At least you guys are just numpties - Turns out I have no intelligence!

spiritman
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
lol Says who?

HOP
08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I am 56 and 11/12s but it seems longer and have found that age doesn't give experence and knowledge all by its self , we have to obsorb what we go through. If I always compare myself with those not just younger but less experenced than me I will look better but the truth is there is always something to learn from others even if it is the way not to do it.

ATough
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Almost everyone here is an adult.:p , I'm not supposed to say my age but lets just say I'm a teenager. and I'm not 13.

jay590
07-07-2008, 04:25 AM
im 16. just tryin to learn some stuff

Ole WV Coot
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Twenty, about the age of my newest boots. I will answer an intelligent question if I can. I was holding my own when you were in diapers. I don't think you will ever make my age and mileage. My son is more than twice your age and probably twice the man you think you are and don't bother answering me right now kiddies are just a bother, especially a brat with a smart mouth. I did forget that we have some young people that post and would make anyone proud. Very few like you.

Rokas
07-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Well, I'm 14 years young too :D. I don't think that the age is most important here, because we all have different experiences which changed and made us a little different then others...

Ole WV Coot
07-08-2008, 09:15 AM

Numpty.

You need a little more practice. Go live in the desert another 6 months. Aw what's to lose. Make it a year and wear a hat your brain baked the last time. Amazing how some folks on here are more mature at a much younger age. I guess what you are working on is regression and doing a darn good job of it. Darn good people in Australia, shame you aren't one of them.:rolleyes:

crashdive123
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I once went without dessert for six months. Does that count?

trax
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM

My God! Then anguish you must have lived through, how did you survive??...this is a man, people (brushing back stray tear) this is a real man!

Gray Wolf
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM

WOW!!! Not even Les or Bear could have done that!! :eek:

crashdive123
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah. Like to see SOE analog try that!

Rick
07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
"Moooooooom! Crash is fibbin' again. He said he went six months without desert. Nobody can do that. Not even Superman."

"It's all right, dear. We know Crash is special. Remember?"

(Sticking tongue out at Crash).

Ole WV Coot
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM

I wouldn't believe that if I told it myself. That could lead to weight loss then loose pants, old ladies having the big one and how can a man live without high cholesterol??:eek: That I can't believe so please take it back and tell two small ones that we may believe:rolleyes:

jrock24
07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Back on topic,

29 years old .

Carry on.

kaw77
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm 54 but who is counting??

Scoobywan
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
29 YO

Depending on the day I'm 3yo-80yo according to my wife. :P

crashdive123
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't believe that if I told it myself. That could lead to weight loss then loose pants, old ladies having the big one and how can a man live without high cholesterol??:eek: That I can't believe so please take it back and tell two small ones that we may believe:rolleyes:

It's true - really:D If SOE Digital can survive 6 months in the desert, I can go 6 months without dessert. Wouldn't want to do it again --- messes you up on the inside.........and the nightmares......well enough of that....now where's the blueberry pie?

Tactical Tom
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm 32 :rolleyes:

Matt11b
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM

Matt
B CO 1/16 INF