PDA

View Full Version : Opened My Eyes To Nature's Bounty

VampireRanger676
08-06-2008, 03:30 AM
My neighbor and best bud went up to Canada for vacation so I have been pretty bored so I stalked one of his cats and it really opened my eyes to all of the natural food around my neck of the woods showed me where to find rabbits,apples,some berries have not tried them yet cause I need a watch for the unversial edablity test but thought it was cool how much I learned from following a animal :D

Rick
08-06-2008, 06:19 AM
You've actually practiced one of the most important tools in staying safe outdoors. Vigilance. Being aware of your surroundings. I've seen a lot of folks hiking through the woods with head down working to get from point A to point B. They never really see what's in the woods. When you slow down, stop occasionally and keep your head on a swivel it's amazing what you can see, learn and experience!

I'll bet you noticed that's exactly what the cat did. Never in a hurry (unless some danger was near). Walking softly and stopping ever so often just to observe it's surroundings. While it has olfactory senses well beyond ours, our hearing, eyesight and sense of smell can pick up much of the same things it senses. We just need to slow down long enough to use them.

Nice post!

RobertRogers
08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
"...went up to Canada for vacation so I have been pretty bored".

Too funny.