PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food

VampireRanger676
08-03-2008, 02:36 AM
I was talking to a couple of Airsoft buds and they said that they had met a guy who brought dog food with him to a airsoft match for food saying that it is much more healthy and nurtional have you guys heard anything about dog food being used for survival food I'm talking about the dry kind :D

crashdive123
08-03-2008, 07:28 AM
IMO dog food is great food for dogs. If I'm planning an outing, be it a camping trip or an airsoft match and need to bring food - dog food would probably not be my food of choice. Can you eat it and survive off of it? Sure, but I believe there are better options available. BTW, who here didn't try some dog biscuts as a kid. Come on....raise your hands.

Ole WV Coot
08-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Remember the old story about the man that ate dog food for years until he got killed. He was laying in the road lickin' himself and a truck ran over him. It's probably as good as hot dogs.

smokelessfire
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
my cousin shared an entire box of dog biscuits with me once. not too bad. he lioved in the ghetto and there wasn't much else on the shelf, so... then there's my other cousin who lived in the woods. he was ALWAYS getting into trouble and had to hit the woods for the day till his parents cooled off. so for food he would sneak back thru the woods and raid the dog food bags in the garage, food meant for the several coon hounds. ahh those were the days.

smokelessfire
08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
and then there's the elderly whose ss checks only afford them canned dog food, cheaper than tuna...

Canadian-guerilla
08-03-2008, 09:41 AM
i've taken some of those cat food pouches out on hikes with me
still can't tell the difference between the chicken / seafood / other flavours

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-3759624t400.jpg

Sarge47
08-03-2008, 11:00 AM
IMO dog food is great food for dogs. If I'm planning an outing, be it a camping trip or an airsoft match and need to bring food - dog food would probably not be my food of choice. Can you eat it and survive off of it? Sure, but I believe there are better options available. BTW, who here didn't try some dog biscuts as a kid. Come on....raise your hands.

Nope, never tried it; & unless I'm starving to death & it's the only thing available I never will! BTW, what's wrong with Beef Jerky? MREs? Now I hear-tell that dogs themselvs make pretty good eating...:rolleyes:

LostOutrider
08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I guess if I absolutely had to, but man . . . if I'm in that desperate of a situation. . . give it to the dog to fatten him up. I'm with Sarge on that. Put a little teriyaki glaze on Fido, put it on a stick, and you got my favorite item on the buffet.

RobertRogers
08-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Some of those dog buscuits are very tasty. If you did not know it was dog food, you would likely think it good food.

Sam Reeves
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Is there anything that some of y'all will not eat, drink or wipe with?

LostOutrider
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Some of those dog buscuits are very tasty. If you did not know it was dog food, you would likely think it good food.

Wonder how much those tasty dog cookies cost compared to, say, a bag of Oreos?

VampireRanger676
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree with Robert they are pretty tastey but i'm sticking to MRE's

klkak
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
i've taken some of those cat food pouches out on hikes with me
still can't tell the difference between the chicken / seafood / other flavours

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-3759624t400.jpg

I use that stuff to bait my mink sets.

Sourdough
08-03-2008, 09:25 PM

NOPE.......And Damn proud of it........How you like them APPLES.....?

Ole WV Coot
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Well to be perfectly honest I really don't have a lot more to try. Besides it's all in your mind and wiggles a little going down. Good stiff chaser and the movement stops.:D I draw the line at hot peppers, not eating them the after effects.:eek:

crashdive123
08-03-2008, 10:40 PM
The trick to hot peppers is to eat a large bowl of ice cream when you're through. Thay way when they start burning at the other end - come on ice cream.

Gray Wolf
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
BTW, who here didn't try some dog biscuts as a kid.

Milk bone dog biscuits (arrfff) a good crunchy (woof woof) snack. The big ones (growl) last a long time (sniff sniff lick)... Oh the bacon ones (howl) drive me crazy, BACON, BACON (howl).

BTW, what's wrong with Beef Jerky? MREs?

No Crunch!