PDA

View Full Version : How to Make all the Meat you Eat out of Wheat. By Nina & Michael Shandler

dilligaf2u2
08-02-2008, 05:27 AM
With wheat being a staple of life and having just put 200 more lbs of wheat berries in the long-term stocks. I started looking for ways to use it. I have a grinder so flower for breads and baking was thought about. But after searching the web I found a lot of uses for wheat.

TDW dragged me (kicking and screaming) out shopping yesterday. One place we stopped was a used bookstore. As she looked for her quilting books, I looked for camping and survival books. In the cooking section I found a book I just had to have.

How to Make all the Meat you Eat out of Wheat. By Nina & Michael Shandler

After skimming the first 2 chapters of why you should give up meat and how much better meatless is for your health. I found the rest of the book full of recipes on how to use all this wheat I have in storage.

For all of you looking for long-term food stocks. Wheat is the king. The web can be your friend and give you recipes and ways to use wheat in ways you never though of.

Here is another hint. The best corn meal you could ever find is (If you have a grain grinder) Popcorn.

Don

Rick
08-02-2008, 05:56 AM
And the first time you bake a loaf of bread.....KABOOM!:D

RobertRogers
08-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Rick! I almost spilled coffee out my nose because of you.

nell67
08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
RR,that seems to be an epidemic around here,'specially when Rick has been around;)..
After awhile,they say that burning sensation in your nose goes away.

TrappinGal
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
i dont think id like eating wheat all the time in place of meat.

tacmedic
08-03-2008, 02:48 PM
How do you cook wheat to the level of medium rare?

Sam Reeves
08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
How do you cook wheat to the level of medium rare?

Set the toaster on "light".

http://www.popgadget.net/images/toaster.jpg

bulrush
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
What if one cannot eat wheat?

erunkiswldrnssurvival
09-08-2008, 01:11 PM
What if one cannot eat wheat?
A fish diet, starches do cause allergies in some people . carbotyhdrates is the important thing, so long as you get your carbs...