PDA

View Full Version : Big Foot

ryaninmichigan
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Who here has the guts to raise their hand and say they believe? Some group was in Michigan awhile back looking around. I have spent an impressive amount of time in some very remote forest and I am here to say NO WAY

Sarge47
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Who here has the guts to raise their hand and say they believe? Some group was in Michigan awhile back looking around. I have spent an impressive amount of time in some very remote forest and I am here to say NO WAY

I thought we covered this on another thread. If there is a Bigfoot somebody's gonna have to throw a poison dart at it!:rolleyes:

trax
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought we covered this on another thread. If there is a Bigfoot somebody's gonna have to throw a poison dart at it!:rolleyes:

Only if it charges....bigfoot with a credit card?

Tony uk
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Unless there is solid evidence tat a creature like this exists then i do not beleve the storys :)

wareagle69
08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
okay true story here.

when i was about 10 or so (you do the math) there was a story on the radio about bigfoot being sighted in northern ontario close to our camp. so late at night in the downstairs bedroom there are two bunkbeds i was on the top and my sister on the bottom one across from me i woke up in the middle of the night full moon and looked out across the field did not see anything but wierd feeling then we heard something trying to turn the handle on the camp door scared the crap outta me probably a coon but...

do i believe? lets just say i dont disbelieve.

spiritman
08-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I have heard so many first hand stories I don't know what to believe anymore.

wareagle69
08-10-2007, 09:52 PM
the way civilization is encroaching on previously uninhabbited land and w/climate change and all i think by now we would have seen something but that being said maybe they are smarter than we are and really good at survival wish they would log on so i could pick their brain a bit.

Fog_Harbor
08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I believe in Big Foot! I grew up near the Basketball Hall of Fame, and there sure were some big shoes in there!

eddiec
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm not saying I believe, but to all myth, there is a little truth somewhere...Personally, I think the chupacabra ate him.

Sarge47
08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Bigfoot, Smigfoot. Several people have come forward and confessed or blew the whistle on those who made many of those footprints. After over 50 years of BF. reports we don't have as much as a piece of BF fur, claw, or poo. Why don't we have one accidently shot by an overzealous deer hunter, or hit by a car, semi, train or something?:rolleyes: I say somebody put up a $50,000 dollar bounty on one and see what happens! It's probably just Bear Grills in his bear costume again.:D Notice these facts are prevalant in any sighting. All camera shots are "out of focus". All video shots are shaky.(Anybody ever hear of a "Steady Cam?") I saw & heard several reports where people claimed their otherwise ferocious dogs cowered in fear and that they don't know anything that would make them do that. Well I hate to burst their bubble but I met a "dog trainer" that accomplished the same thing shaking an empty pop-can with about 50 pennies in it. The dogs hated the sound and backed down.:eek:

ryaninmichigan
08-13-2007, 10:11 AM
There is no such thing. If there had why has no one shot one? If I ever see one, The world will no for sure becuase I will be selling his fur on E bay

trax
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Bigfoot, Smigfoot.I saw & heard several reports where people claimed their otherwise ferocious dogs cowered in fear and that they don't know anything that would make them do that. Well I hate to burst their bubble but I met a "dog trainer" that accomplished the same thing shaking an empty pop-can with about 50 pennies in it. The dogs hated the sound and backed down.:eek:

Man, I'd sure hate to meet up with a bigfoot with a popcan full of pennies then, that'd be scary. Can't agree with Ryan shooting one if he ever did see it (presuming it exists for him to see it) I only shoot for food or self-defense(never had to for that yet) I can't say I believe or disbelieve, but here's an interesting point. Native people had legends about them waaaaaaaaaaayyy before Europeans ever got here and opened up their first taco stand in Costa Rica. Don't think they were telling the stories for the media sensationalism at the time. Just because I never seen something doesn't mean it's not there. I've never seen a germ, but I have a cold right now.

Sarge47
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Man, I'd sure hate to meet up with a bigfoot with a popcan full of pennies then, that'd be scary. Can't agree with Ryan shooting one if he ever did see it (presuming it exists for him to see it) I only shoot for food or self-defense(never had to for that yet) I can't say I believe or disbelieve, but here's an interesting point. Native people had legends about them waaaaaaaaaaayyy before Europeans ever got here and opened up their first taco stand in Costa Rica. Don't think they were telling the stories for the media sensationalism at the time. Just because I never seen something doesn't mean it's not there. I've never seen a germ, but I have a cold right now.

The keyword here is "Legends" and germs explains why we don't have any real evidence for them...the germs eat it all...rather quickly.:rolleyes: I may be wrong here, but I think there might be a slight difference in size between an alleged BF and a Microbe, just a feeling.;) I need more than an old legend, some footprints, and bad photography to prove a fact, trax, ya got any?:confused:

owl_girl
08-13-2007, 02:53 PM
but here's an interesting point. Native people had legends about them waaaaaaaaaaayyy before Europeans ever got here and opened up their first taco stand in Costa Rica.
That’s what I said when there was a big foot discussion on the scariest moment thread. I think the footprints and videos are fake. But I think there’s a good possibility that there were big ape like creatures still alive in North America before the Europeans populated the western half of the US. How would the native people have such good description of an ape if they never seen one? That’s the only thing that I consider good evidence (evidence not proof) I don’t think its impossible for them to exist now just highly unlikely.

trax
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I said just cuz I can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And as for the legends....well, it's a prett weird coincidence that some Indian sitting in his tipi two thousand years ago would think up a story for frightening the kiddies that some white people would start filming with their shaky cams two thousand years later.

I have no evidence sir, but I'm just saying I don't disbelieve That sounds like a kind of a cop-out, but really I'm just saying there isn't enough evidence either way.

Those legends were passed down for a long time, somebody must have taken them pretty seriously, man. I'm shrugging my shoulders here.

spiritman
08-13-2007, 03:14 PM
How about we ask anybody who has actually lived off the grid? Any unexplained happenings while you were living it up?

trax
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Living off the grid in northern Saskatchewan, Manitoba and BC in mineral exploration and firefighting camps. Also have had the opportunity to hunt and fish in country that most people never get into. Seriously back woods, never saw so much as a sign myself, like I said to the Sarge, I don't have evidence, but that doesn't make me disbelieve or believe. I'd love to see something definitive.

Sarge47
08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
How about we ask anybody who has actually lived off the grid? Any unexplained happenings while you were living it up?

Back when I got my jollys harrassing the Bf=BS goofs, I called Dr. Ron Hood, who says that he's heard & seen some unexplained stuff out in the woods. My point is that the "pro-BF" crowd are declaring their view as fact! Some of this stuff is so bogus it makes me sick! As I posted earlier, Penn & Teller shot down a lot of it on their Showtime series "BullSh*t!":rolleyes:

spiritman
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
lol yeah there is a lot of bs out there that i've heard but then there are first hand stories that I've heard direct from the source, from ppl I believe.

Sarge47
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I said just cuz I can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And as for the legends....well, it's a prett weird coincidence that some Indian sitting in his tipi two thousand years ago would think up a story for frightening the kiddies that some white people would start filming with their shaky cams two thousand years later.

I have no evidence sir, but I'm just saying I don't disbelieve That sounds like a kind of a cop-out, but really I'm just saying there isn't enough evidence either way.

Those legends were passed down for a long time, somebody must have taken them pretty seriously, man. I'm shrugging my shoulders here.

I'll admit I'm pickin' on ya Trax, but only because the other side of the arguement gets moved outta sight! The magazine: "The Skeptical Enquirer did a great article on both BF and the nut-cases that make up stuff to support their outlandish claims.:rolleyes: As for the Native Americans, the stories they told might have been their version of a "Boogy Man", or an actual experience with a rival tribe who dressed wierd. Check out the movie: "The 13th Warrior" with Antonio Banderas.:confused:

Here's a hard & true fact: After over 50 years of Bf reports we have no facts to support a concrete claim that BF exists. Not one body, not any fur, not any scat. You're a hunter, right? What does that say to you? Remember those big footprints? We got people admitting they made the footprints themselves. Are they telling the truth? One story's as good as another in my book.:D

trax
08-13-2007, 03:59 PM
..cuz I'm pretty sure you're pickin' on me Dude :) I agree with you that the "Oh yeah, he's out there" group are way out of control. There's also the possibility that all kinds of animals could have lived and died off in North America without human's ever being aware of them! What do you suppose a four-legged wolf pack would do if they saw something like that? "LUNCH Everyone!!" LOL

trax
08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
There's a Cree Indian legend that the beaver used to be a huge animal, no one believed in until some Russian archaeologists found beaver skeletons that were almost the size of baby elephants in some caves in Alaska. Just saying...don't discount legends partner....we never know what we don't know, y'know?

wareagle69
08-13-2007, 04:10 PM
i know i'm gonna get it for this one but.

the same could be said about a two thousand year old story.

trax
08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Nah, you're right. I'm just saying we don't know. There's a lot of good Christians here and I mean this only as an example, I have no problem with anyone's beliefs and I am not attacking anyone's beliefs, but the same could be said for a two thousand year old story that was written down. People choose to believe.

owl_girl
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
i know i'm gonna get it for this one but.

the same could be said about a two thousand year old story.
Actually there is a valid document outside of the bible of Jesus existence. But I got your point

trax
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Actually there is a valid document outside of the bible of Jesus existence. But I got your point

There's lots of them, actually, and there's a lot of other good examples I could have used besides that one. I'm just saying..two thousand year old stories are just that, writing them down doesn't necessarily validate them, not writing them down doesn't necessarily invalidate them. Let's say a four thousand year old story...who stood by scribbling notes when Moses parted the sea? I'm still more likely to believe Moses' story than I am most of the stuff I see and hear on Fox News...:)

Sarge47
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Nah, you're right. I'm just saying we don't know. There's a lot of good Christians here and I mean this only as an example, I have no problem with anyone's beliefs and I am not attacking anyone's beliefs, but the same could be said for a two thousand year old story that was written down. People choose to believe.

There is more solid evidence for that 2000 year old story than you might realize. A ton of it. Belief is one thing, proving something is another! I can give you tons of historical research and evidence on the "death, burial, & ressurection" of a certain Jewish carpenter. You can't even give me a tiny bit of BF scat!:rolleyes:

carcajou garou
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
The coelacanth was extinct/myth till finally revealed in the later 1930's, giant squids the same till recently. So what else might there be out there?
Maybe nothing but fun to look for never the less.

donny h
08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Re: Bigfoot

The original BF hoax was perpetrated by Ray Patterson, google him, his fake footprints are the best thing to ever happen to the tourism industry of The Emerald Coast in NorCal.

Native peoples all over the world have monster myths. Some of those myths are base on collective memories of actual events, most are just myths, often created to explain the unexplained, or to control the behavoir of men.

If there were large primates in NA in modern times, there would be fossil evidence. Perhaps such fossils haven't yet been found, more likely, they don't exist at all.

Bf has been 'sighted' in over 20 states, over many decades, so to consider that he exists, we must concede that there is a viable, ongoing population to explain the wide area of the sightings, as well as the time span. Biologists estimate the minimum number of such large primates to sustain a population at 3-400 individuals.

So we are not talking about 5 apes hidden in the Oregon forests, we're talking hundreds of 7' tall, 400 pound primates walking around the forests of NA, without ever leaving a bone, a tooth, a scrap of fur, or some scat, and they manage to get frequently spotted, yet never decently filmed.

Color me skeptical.

A corpse would make me a believer.

Sarge47
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Re: Bigfoot

The original BF hoax was perpetrated by Ray Patterson, google him, his fake footprints are the best thing to ever happen to the tourism industry of The Emerald Coast in NorCal.

Native peoples all over the world have monster myths. Some of those myths are base on collective memories of actual events, most are just myths, often created to explain the unexplained, or to control the behavoir of men.

If there were large primates in NA in modern times, there would be fossil evidence. Perhaps such fossils haven't yet been found, more likely, they don't exist at all.

Bf has been 'sighted' in over 20 states, over many decades, so to consider that he exists, we must concede that there is a viable, ongoing population to explain the wide area of the sightings, as well as the time span. Biologists estimate the minimum number of such large primates to sustain a population at 3-400 individuals.

So we are not talking about 5 apes hidden in the Oregon forests, we're talking hundreds of 7' tall, 400 pound primates walking around the forests of NA, without ever leaving a bone, a tooth, a scrap of fur, or some scat, and they manage to get frequently spotted, yet never decently filmed.

Color me skeptical.

A corpse would make me a believer.

Thank you for that rational, logical, well thought out discourse.;) Now let me give you just one of the dumb responses I've received in the past to explain the "Lack of BF evidence"; they (the BF) are involved with "UFO's" who take all the evidence off of the face of this planet. "DER"!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

donny h
08-13-2007, 11:37 PM
they (the BF) are involved with "UFO's" who take all the evidence off of the face of this planet.

I would think that if the pointy headed aliens are bright enough to figure out space (time) travel, they are bright enough to know not to try and infiltrate us with a creature that will be shot on sight by millions of the very folks they are trying to infiltrate.

I hope .357 is enough...:)

Sarge47
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
One lady swears up & down that she has had visits and held conversations with a Bigfoot for many years. He, reportedly, speaks in a deep, gutteral, voice.:eek: (Does her hubby know?:rolleyes: )

HOP
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I think that no one really cares enough to absolutely say by evedence and study yes or no.Maybe one may walk out of the woods Like Pope& Youngs buddy Ishi the primative indian and clear this all up. I have to say not likely but voluenter to go on a paid and equiped exploration of all wilderness areas and eventualy come to a conclution.

Sarge47
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I think that no one really cares enough to absolutely say by evedence and study yes or no.Maybe one may walk out of the woods Like Pope& Youngs buddy Ishi the primative indian and clear this all up. I have to say not likely but voluenter to go on a paid and equiped exploration of all wilderness areas and eventualy come to a conclution.

A few years back I mentioned to some people that someone should mount an expedition to find out one way or the other who or what BF really is or if such a thing exists! With military precision and equipment, including night vision goggles, infra-red equipment, state-of-the art "steady-cams, 35mm cameras loaded with 800 speed film and all lenses set on "auto-focus" and weapons of all kinds. Then post a large cash reward for one, dead or alive.:rolleyes: I'd go!

donny h
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
night vision goggles, infra-red equipment, state-of-the art "steady-cams, 35mm cameras

Or I could make some slip-on bigfeet and go leave some prints on a riverbank, pretend to 'find' them, whip the local media into a minor frenzy, and make a fortune off the tourists that show up and buy bigfoot paraphernelia.

Oh wait, that's all ready been done, they call it Humboldt County, NorCal.:)

trax
08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
There is more solid evidence for that 2000 year old story than you might realize. A ton of it. Belief is one thing, proving something is another! I can give you tons of historical research and evidence on the "death, burial, & ressurection" of a certain Jewish carpenter. You can't even give me a tiny bit of BF scat!:rolleyes:

My truth is, if I thought there was an eight foot tall monster buggin' around out there...for even a second....I'd stay home! I'm not trying to bring you bigfoot scat, or proof of anything, but the question was raised about details and validity of ancient stories, so I used that example. Sure there's plenty of proof, but the "devil's in the details?" (no pun meant, sir) If we're not there, we don't know...it really is that simple.

trax
08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
T
Maybe nothing but fun to look for never the less.

Yeah! and good for the guy with the giant footprints, nothing like boosting the ol' tourism industry, lol.

trax
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Sarge got me thinking with the scat comment. I'm going with this theory...hundreds, or even thousands of people can go walking anywhere in the forest and pass by piles of doo-doo and do everything possible to avoid it, not examine it. I'm saying it was made by bigfoot and pointy headed aliens....:D :D :D

I'm just going with that theory cuz it could make for a gripping episode for survival dude :rolleyes:

Sarge47
08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Sarge got me thinking with the scat comment. I'm going with this theory...hundreds, or even thousands of people can go walking anywhere in the forest and pass by piles of doo-doo and do everything possible to avoid it, not examine it. I'm saying it was made by bigfoot and pointy headed aliens....:D

I'm just going with that theory cuz it could make for a gripping episode for survival dude :rolleyes:

Suvivaldude meets Bigfoot. They join forces to terrorize campers, tourists, and other gullible visitors! I like it!:D As for the scat you forget how many top-notch trackers and outdoorsmen are out there scouring the forests for BF evidence! If BF makes "potty" in the woods someone would either find it or step in it! Outfits like the "BFFRO" (Bigfoot Field Research Organization, yes, there really is such a group!) would die to get their hands on just a tad of DNA from BF. But that old cagey creature has kept it completely hidden for over 50 years, thereby confounding every hunter, tracker, and other experts along the way...not bad..... for a primate!:rolleyes:

trax
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Suvivaldude meets Bigfoot. They join forces to terrorize campers, tourists, and other gullible visitors! I like it!:D As for the scat you forget how many top-notch trackers and outdoorsmen are out there scouring the forests for BF evidence! If BF makes "potty" in the woods someone would either find it or step in it! Outfits like the "BFFRO" (Bigfoot Field Research Organization, yes, there really is such a group!) would die to get their hands on just a tad of DNA from BF. But that old cagey creature has kept it completely hidden for over 50 years, thereby confounding every hunter, tracker, and other experts along the way...not bad..... for a primate!:rolleyes:

Survival Dude gets Martha to help Big Foot with his 75 years of constipation problem! Big Foot becomes less grumpy and evasive, sounds like a sh***y episode though!:D

Sarge47
08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Survival Dude gets Martha to help Big Foot with his 75 years of constipation problem! Big Foot becomes less grumpy and evasive, sounds like a sh***y episode though!:D

Hmmm, no comment! How about this one; Survivaldude runs into BF out in the woods and kills him, dresses him out, and slow roasts him over a fire, giving us another great "lifesaving" tip!:rolleyes:

trax
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Of course, Survival Dude will really have to kill a crew member dressed in the BF costume, so.....

Sarge47
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Of course, Survival Dude will really have to kill a crew member dressed in the BF costume, so.....

Sounds good. We'll have an "EC" shot at the end of that scene where survivaldude, recognizes his mistake, sheaths his $700 knife, says "oops",:eek: then goes on to show how to make an incredible bar-b-que sauce out of urine!:rolleyes:

trax
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
I think he should make a Rambo style headband out of "BF's" entrails and just clench the knife in his teeth for effect, the bbq sauce really works for me tho', I'm sure Martha would want in on that!

Sarge47
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I think he should make a Rambo style headband out of "BF's" entrails and just clench the knife in his teeth for effect, the bbq sauce really works for me tho', I'm sure Martha would want in on that!

Now how did I miss that headband idea? He could also make a cool coat from the hide, & while modeling it is photographed "out-of-focus" by a passer-by and his pic appears on the front page of the National Enquirer as another BF sighting.:rolleyes:

spiritman
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
the bbq sauce really works for me tho', I'm sure Martha would want in on that!

Ha! Martha GAVE him the idea! And she wanted to have SOMETHING NEW to roast, that would set her above any other cook, so it had to be something others haven't cooked!

trax
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Survival Dude has Martha and Paris H. with him. I'm sure one of them would demand the new fur coat, and if Paris was modeling it, they'd have out of focus pictures of a little scrawny bigfoot. I better stop :)

Beo
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Well Bigfoot is a legend... and Legends started somewhere didn't they? Then there is some kinda truth to Bigfoot or SASQUATCH but I think by now the species has probably died out, and all the photos or videos are either distorted or blurry. :D

HOP
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
If you think about there are not that many sightings so if real there might not be to many probably less than grizly bears how man have you seen in the wild how many skeletons of bears or other great animals have you sen in the wild so the fact that no bones have been found from BF is not the best excuse for denial. Maybe it is slick maybe it is reclusive or maybe it just isn't/

Stealth
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
ill admit it, im slightly obsessed with bigfoot... even if he may not exist, i love to read about people's sightings. maybe the reason all of the pictures people take of bigfoot are blurry is because he is just a large blurry monster :P although there are these new pictures that some claim to be a young bigfoot
you can find them here http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

carcajou garou
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd like to think that there is a "sasquatch" out there, would really hate to know that we have all knowledge of the existing wildlife.

Sarge47
11-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Last night, on the History Channel, they started a new series called: "Monster Quest". This episode was about a lake way up in Northern Canada where the only way in is by sea plane. There have been reports of a (Gasp) :eek:Sasquatch-like creature running around up there because of some bits of evidence. I called them and told them it was probably Trax, FVR, Wareagle69, along with Norm just fartin' around with the investigators.

Seriously though, these guys even had some DNA evidence that they let stay out exposed to the elements for two years before they let it be looked at. Interesting program all the same.:rolleyes:

Beo
11-08-2007, 08:30 PM
That ain't no bigfoot Sarge, it some big dumba** canuck circus freak like the dog faced boy, crap ain't that Trax... lol... jk fellers. :D

HOP
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
We should have a Big Foot Day it could become bigger than ground hog day.

Beo
11-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I wear a size 13 shoe... ladies;)... jk, but i do wear a 13 :D

Sarge47
11-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Big-foot turns out to be an old Hippie lost out in the woods years ago trying to get to Woodstock, but over-dosed on "Bad Acid". He's 4 foot talll, covered with hair, wieghs 500 lbs., and has size 20EEEE feet. The Cryptozooologists go nuts!:rolleyes:

spiritman
11-09-2007, 04:36 AM
*sigh* gotta love bigfoot babble

sam30248
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
there are many unexplaned things out there so why dont we just have opened minds on the unexplaned. it just sounded good to me?

Sarge47
11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
there are many unexplaned things out there so why dont we just have opened minds on the unexplaned. it just sounded good to me?

This doesn't make any sense. Open minds to what if it's unexplained?:confused:
People have been trying to explain it with really stupid answers. if you want to believe them then go for it.:rolleyes:

corndog-44
11-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Do we really need scientific evidence to suggest such an animal exists? And by scientific evidence I mean tangible physical proof such as a body or body part.

sam30248
11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
well sarge i said it just sounded good but while you have been out say,hiking you have never come across anything or track you cannot explain , or anyone out there

Sarge47
11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
well sarge i said it just sounded good but while you have been out say,hiking you have never come across anything or track you cannot explain , or anyone out there

Was that a question? Yes I have and since I don't know what it is I DO keep my options open. That's why I don't buy into the groups like BFRO and others. One lady reported a Sasquatch/BF visiting her on occaision and said he could talk English in a low, gutteral voice and would converse with her on a social level.. My problem is that I look through things logically and all the Hoopla, while apparently desired to be true by some, is very Illogical. Here's the "nut-shell" version.

In 50 years of reported sightings no one has:
a.) Figured out to use the "Auto-focus" feature or their power-zoom lens
on their cameras; hence all the "bad" camera shots.

b.) Found one BF Corpse. Either dead of Old age or Road-kill.

c.) Admitted the confessions of self-admitted "hoaxers", which, BTW are
ignored by the BF "groupies".

D.) Does BF "poop" in the woods? Not one trace of BF scat reported.
No DNA evidence of any kind.

Now I have an Open mind, also an IQ a bit larger than my shoe-size. It "Could" be the Sasquatch character that many are desperately hoping for,(which some claim is actually an Alien creature from a UFO) or some other animal, or more "Hoaxers". Maybe even my "Hairy Hippy", which is equally as absurd as some of the reports I've read. My point is: we DON'T know, so let's knock off the silly stuff. I've put my judgement on hold, all the way around, until solid evidence is laid out in front of me. :confused:

MedicineWolf
11-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Bigfoots fake.

woodwose
11-10-2007, 02:31 AM
I have never seen a big foot. However, here is a link to someone who has? http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp Interesting...

Of course, my avatar has pretty big feet also..:D

dilligaf2u2
11-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Hell I dated her for a time, way back in my young and dumb days. Connie had mens size 14 shoes. Bigest feet I ever did see. Great dancer.

Dilli

Smok
11-11-2007, 01:01 AM
I BELIEVE it is far more fun to believe then not to , I hope that we as a people never stop to find the woods sometimes scary, that we find wonder or that we do not know all the answers at list to know all would be dull .. I do not CARE one way or the other.. I just love to hear something in the woods and ...GO... did ..you ..hear.. that !!!

HOP
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
I bet Connie stepped on a lot of toes.

Smok
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Bigfoot, Smigfoot. Several people have come forward and confessed or blew the whistle on those who made many of those footprints. After over 50 years of BF. reports we don't have as much as a piece of BF fur, claw, or poo. Why don't we have one accidently shot by an overzealous deer hunter, or hit by a car, semi, train or something?:rolleyes: I say somebody put up a $50,000 dollar bounty on one and see what happens! It's probably just Bear Grills in his bear costume again.:D Notice these facts are prevalant in any sighting. All camera shots are "out of focus". All video shots are shaky.(Anybody ever hear of a "Steady Cam?") I saw & heard several reports where people claimed their otherwise ferocious dogs cowered in fear and that they don't know anything that would make them do that. Well I hate to burst their bubble but I met a "dog trainer" that accomplished the same thing shaking an empty pop-can with about 50 pennies in it. The dogs hated the sound and backed down.:eek:

We do have FUR and there is no match in the animal kingdom for it :rolleyes:

Sarge47
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
We do have FUR and there is no match in the animal kingdom for it :rolleyes:

However that does not mean that we need to "jump to the conclusion" that it belongs to a 9' creature that leaves huge footprints. BTW, a lot of the "so-called" fur has been analyzed and found to be POLYESTER fibers. Some people are actually creating evidence to support there desired belief. Penn & Teller did a really great expose of some of the lengths these so-called "Crypto-Zoo-ologists" go through to "prove" their" theory on their series: "Bull Sh*T".:rolleyes: Bring me DNA evidence and I'll start listening. We don't have any! Not one trace of Scat! Not one case of them being tracked to their lair by some of the best trackers around. Not one of them ever found dead on the road, or anywhere else for that matter.:confused: We do have people like Rance Mullens who admitted to faking footprints. Others who have admitted to throwing rocks onto the roofs of buildings. and don't even get me started on the "Patterson footage." I need to see a BF body, then we'll go from there; otherwise it's all conjecture. You prove the existence of any new species by producing solid evidence, not merely opinions.:cool:

Chris
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
If there were a bigfoot, what would it be?

A big ape (gorilla) that evolved on the north american continent?

Or a neanderthal that escaped extinction?

Or a giant ground sloth that was mistakenly identified (This did/do exist).

I think it is possible for both things to have existed in the past (hundreds of years ago), but not anymore. We would have seen one by now or they would have all been killed off. A yeti, I hold out hope for.

Smok
11-12-2007, 04:57 AM
We should have a Big Foot Day it could become bigger than ground hog day.

WE do have Big Foot Days here :) and it is Bigger than Ground Hog Day... Here .But then I live in N. Calif. where the first BIG FOOT was sited :eek: O by the way what is a ground hog Ieeee think you may be making it up :p

Smok
11-12-2007, 05:11 AM
I'm headed for the Big Foot center on Thanksgiving so I will stop and get you all some Photos ... :cool: I hope to be able to post the photo by then ...:)

corndog-44
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Bigfoots fake.

Where is the costume?
If the original costume is gone, why can't they make an identical costume and do it again? Why is that so hard?
Why does the news media always trumpet every half-baked "man in the costume" story that comes along without asking for the obvious proof, which should be so simple to provide?

MedicineWolf
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
The size of a creature like big foot would mean that it would be foraging 90% of its time, need a cave or den bigger than a wolf, about bear size. No one has a clear picture, cear video, scat, hair clumps, or other conclusive evidence. Only haphazard pics and blurry video's, thus I say big foot is fake. But is Big foot the same as Sasquatch? In my native culture they are different, as is the wendigo which is covered by every native american culture and still believed in to this day with physical proof.

corndog-44
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Sarge regarding your question, "Does Bf "poop" in the woods? Not one trace of BF scat reported."

Their feces are sausage-shaped, up to 4" inches in diameter and up to three feet long, forming a folded heap. They are replete with numerous intestinal parasites, including hook worms, as well as small bones, hair of prey and ample vegetal matter. A sasquatch has been observed to wipe itself with its hand and lick its fingers briefly, a decidedly simian gesture.

corndog-44
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
MedicineWolf; Bigfoot was a journalistic term for Sasquatch generated in the middle of the last century during a rash of sightings in Northern California; its use is not unreasonable since the species has proportionally much bigger feet than those of human beings and, furthermore, the word has come to be recognized widely. Myself I don't like the term, Bigfoot.

HOP
11-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Because science has dismissed big foot as a hoaxs and science is not exact I wonder if they have discovered bones but have misrepresented them as neanderthal or ape. Science has done great thingd but is also the biggest hustle on the planet that is why they are so secretive. Maybe the varmits drag the bones of like they do most other animal remains, coyotes don't leave much .

Beo
11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I disagree, Sasquatch is a Native American term if I am correct, and has been around since the white an came into contact with them. In northern Wisconsin, Lakota Indians know the creature by the name Chiye-tanka, a Lakota name for "Big Elder Brother"[

Stealth
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Because science has dismissed big foot as a hoaxs and science is not exact I wonder if they have discovered bones but have misrepresented them as neanderthal or ape. Science has done great thingd but is also the biggest hustle on the planet that is why they are so secretive.

many scientists believe bigfoot, if he exists, is a reminant of the species gigantopithecus which was a giant hominid. They have found bones of gigantopithecus that have been dated to only 100 thousand years ago

Strider
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
ive heard that theory amoung others... such as there are in fact an entire population of bigfoots... lol @ that
further, some ppl believe that he or that group is or are ancestors of ancient indians that have evolved in an odd way
others think there is a few guys who live in the northwest who pop up every now and again and scare the daylights outta ppl
well then... wat i hafta say about bigfoot relating to outdoor survival... thats a lot of meat to cook!:)

Beo
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
some ppl believe that he or that group is or are ancestors of ancient indians that have evolved in an odd way

That is offensive and degrading, those people are complete idiots and morons. Anyone believing this is just as stupid.

Stealth
11-14-2007, 01:14 PM
haha, i was thinking the same thing... italians would make much more sense, they have a lot of hair to begin with;)

spiritman
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around does it make a sound? Yes, Chuck Norris hears everything, Chuck Norris hears the terror in your dirty cringing soul.

So anybody who really cares enough to know for sure should give him a call and ask if bigfoot is real. Anything that stands on two feet has fallen in the woods at some point, and anything that hides like a bigfoot must have some terror in their soul.

woodwose
11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
others think there is a few guys who live in the northwest who pop up every now and again and scare the daylights outta ppl

Yep... it is great fun too... :D

MedicineWolf
11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Big Foot's a fake. The costume would be easy to purchase at any costume shop and make from there as needed to look real, hence that is why the pics and videos are blurry even when using modern camera's.
Big Foot's a fake. Big Foot's a fake. Big Foot's a fake. Big Foot's a fake. Big Foot's a fake. Big Foot's a fake. Get the point. And my ancestors are not a primitive bunch of big foots as one goof named Strider suggest he read.

woodwose
11-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Do we really need scientific evidence to suggest such an animal exists? And by scientific evidence I mean tangible physical proof such as a body or body part.

I like your avatar Corndog.. where did you get that?? :D

corndog-44
11-22-2007, 08:15 PM
woodrose I had the picture of the avatar on my computer file for a couple of years now. I forget what site I found it but it was one of those free animated gif sites. I'm glad you enjoy it. It says a lot about me...I really like sitting around the campfire with family and friends roasting marsh-mallows and talking about whatever. I like my marsh-mallows burnt black...yummy :).

woodwose
11-23-2007, 06:56 PM
woodrose I had the picture of the avatar on my computer file for a couple of years now. I forget what site I found it but it was one of those free animated gif sites. I'm glad you enjoy it. It says a lot about me...I really like sitting around the campfire with family and friends roasting marsh-mallows and talking about whatever. I like my marsh-mallows burnt black...yummy :).

Ahh.. I see..:D If you'll google woodwose it will come up and tell you what those are. I was looking for one that represented a woodwose. I came across the one that I use and voila!! Some time ago for me too.. I can't remember where I got it... or stole it?? :D He is contemplating an earthworm on the end of that stick...