PDA

View Full Version : Strange Cures for Common Health Problems

Ole WV Coot
07-25-2008, 07:08 PM
If your throat tickles, scratch your ear!
This works(would I lie?)

When the nerves in the ear are stimulated, it creates a reflex in the
throat that can cause a muscle spasm," thus relieves the tickle:rolleyes:

Need to pee? No bathroom nearby?

Thinking about sex preoccupies your brain, so you won't feel as much discomfort
(I wear dark pants, and have no knowledge so I will defer to the younger folks):eek:

Any more that don't involve plants or domestic animals ?:D

crashdive123
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
For those that suffer from leg cramps at night.....take a bar of ivory soap and put under the bottom sheet in the area of your legs.

chiggersngrits
07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
to cure hiccups, pull on your tongue for a minute.

Ole WV Coot
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
If you can't hear well point your right ear for speech and your left ear picks up music better. I'm right on the edge of needing a hearing aid and tried this and it does work or I screwed up and used self hypnosis.

Feel no pain!

German researchers have discovered that coughing during an injection can lessen
the pain of the needle stick. According to Taras Usichenko, author of a study on
the phenomenon, the trick causes a sudden, temporary rise in pressure in the chest
and spinal canal, inhibiting the pain-conducting structures of the spinal cord.

TrappinGal
07-25-2008, 10:54 PM
a couple drops of sweet oil(olive oil) into an infected ear will cure the infection.

crashdive123
07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Ten shots of tequilla with lemmon and salt (one shot at a time, spaced evenly over one hour). I forget what it cures......guess I'll have to do some more research.

RobertRogers
07-26-2008, 04:48 AM
If your stopping-the-urge-to-pee method worked, I would never have the urge to go...

Rick
07-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Just a word of caution. This thread is for entertainment purposes. Some of these remedies may or may not work. If you are sick, seek the wisdom of a competent physician. Otherwise, you're on your own.:o

crashdive123
07-26-2008, 07:37 AM
This public service announcement has been brought to you be the Minister of Science, and he approved this message. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/characters/character0056.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Rick
07-26-2008, 07:45 AM
I just pictured someone on their deathbed continuing to inhale the skin of an onion to relieve their chronic diarrhea saying, "but they said it worked....." .

crashdive123
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
I knew what you meant, and don't disagree. It is getting toward the end of the month, so the opportunities to take advantage of Pick On Rick Month are coming to an end........wait a minute........

Ole WV Coot
07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Just a word of caution. This thread is for entertainment purposes. Some of these remedies may or may not work. If you are sick, seek the wisdom of a competent physician. Otherwise, you're on your own.:o

This is not fiction (not mine) and I will give you another fine remedy

Cure your toothache without opening your mouth!

Just rub ice on the back of your hand, on the V-shaped webbed area between your
thumb and index finger. A Canadian study found that this technique reduces
toothache pain by as much as 50 percent compared with using no ice. The nerve
pathways at the base of that V stimulate an area of the brain that blocks pain
signals from the face and hands. Now if Rick ain't scared you, all you would get from this is a cold hand if (BIG IF) he's right:rolleyes:

Ole WV Coot
07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Ten shots of tequilla with lemmon and salt (one shot at a time, spaced evenly over one hour). I forget what it cures......guess I'll have to do some more research.

Stop the world from spinning!

One too many drinks left you dizzy? Put your hand on something stable. The part of
your ear responsible for balance -- the cupula -- floats in a fluid of the same
density as blood. "As alcohol dilutes blood in the cupula, the cupula becomes less
dense and rises," This confuses your brain. The tactile input
from a stable object gives the brain a second opinion, and you feel more in
balance. Because the nerves in the hand are so sensitive, this works better than
the conventional foot-on-the-floor wisdom.:rolleyes:

TrappinGal
07-26-2008, 10:26 AM

i bet it cures everything at the moment but creates a whole new set of problems come morning. lol :D

Ole WV Coot
07-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Wake the dead!

If your hand falls asleep while you're driving or sitting in an odd position, rock
your head from side to side. It'll painlessly banish your pins and needles in less
than a minute. A tingly hand or arm is often the result of
compression in the bundle of nerves in your neck; loosening your neck muscles
releases the pressure. Compressed nerves lower in the body govern the feet, so
don't let your sleeping dogs lie. Stand up and walk around.

Rick
07-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I didn't say they didn't work. But someone might post that coal oil and sugar is good for the croup!:eek:

(Sorry, mom. but it's a good example).

chiggersngrits
07-26-2008, 02:54 PM
vanillia extract soothes the pain of minor burns.

crashdive123
07-26-2008, 06:14 PM
If you get a wicked, painful, migrane headache while out in the wilds, locate the largest skunk you can find. Sneak up behind it, being careful not to disturb it. Slowly bend over and place your hands on either side of the skunk's body, about two inches away. Quickly grab the skunk. Scream out real loud. Lift the tail. Kiss the skunk's butt. Guaranteed ------- you won't even think about your headache.;)

nell67
07-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Thinking about sex preoccupies your brain:D

Ain't that the truth !:o

sobeit
07-27-2008, 03:58 PM
If you get a wicked, painful, migrane headache while out in the wilds, locate the largest skunk you can find. Sneak up behind it, being careful not to disturb it. Slowly bend over and place your hands on either side of the skunk's body, about two inches away. Quickly grab the skunk. Scream out real loud. Lift the tail. Kiss the skunk's butt. Guaranteed ------- you won't even think about your headache.;)

Do this after the 10 shots

Rick
07-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Sobeit!!!!!!!

bulrush
07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
If you have an earache, warm up some salt or sand, place in a clean rag, and place against your ear. Do this for 20 minutes 3 times per day, rewarming the salt as needed. Or use a heating pad. The microbes dislike the heat and the heat helps the wax drain.

As a person with more than my share of ear aches when a child, I can tell you this speeds up the healing process. Also, eat your fruits and veggies to help your immune system.

In a similar vein, if you have a cold, sweat it out. Wear lots of clothes until you sweat (a little, not too much). The cold virus prefers temperatures below 98 degrees, like in your nasal passages, and being warm helps heal the illness. Of course, make sure your body temp does not go above 102F.

Rick
07-28-2008, 09:42 AM
I try to live by feed a cold, feed a fever. :D

It takes about 7 days to recover from a cold if you medicate. One week if you don't.

Ole WV Coot
07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I try to live by feed a cold, feed a fever. :D

It takes about 7 days to recover from a cold if you medicate. One week if you don't.

My Dr told me last week I must had a winter of colds & fever. Think a man in his position could forget about a pound or two or 15:eek: I guess no humor is a part of his profession. He likes to hunt, fish & ATV with us so I will get even this weekend. He may go home wet and muddy, by accident:rolleyes: