PDA

View Full Version : Red Dawn

ryaninmichigan
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
How many of us here watch that movie and prayed it would happen for real? I have to raise my hand I did.:)

Sarge47
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
How many of us here watch that movie and prayed it would happen for real? I have to raise my hand I did.:)

That was the dumbest film I ever saw! The movie producers based a WWIII scenario on a WWII framework with us poor Americans acting out the part of the French Resistance. Case in point: There is a radio broadcast that they're listening to and you hear: "John has a long mustache", which came right out of the movie: "The longest day!":rolleyes:

ryaninmichigan
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
as an adult who understand history I woudl agree, But when I was 14 it was pretty damn cool

Sarge47
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
as an adult who understand history I woudl agree, But when I was 14 it was pretty damn cool

Jeff Foxworthy should give this flick the "Best Redneck Movie Ever Made" award.
Lucky that school didn't have a lame name for their football team as some of the ones around here, such as "Zippers", "Blue Boys", etc..:rolleyes:

trax
08-09-2007, 01:26 PM
someone calls their football team zippers? That's kinda creepy dude. Red Dawn?Oh yeah, Patrick Swayze jazz dancing his way through the Commie hordes...gotta give that one a pass, Ryan.

ryaninmichigan
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
someone calls their football team zippers? That's kinda creepy dude. Red Dawn?Oh yeah, Patrick Swayze jazz dancing his way through the Commie hordes...gotta give that one a pass, Ryan.

The zippers? Wow they suck. I am not a Swayze fan. It is the concept not the movie. It got brought up the other day around some friends. I was a kid lighten up:)

Sarge47
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM

the good news is that the school has merged with another one and they have a really "butch" name for their team now!:rolleyes:

trax
08-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I think Patrick Swayze might belong to a team that has something to do with zippers, never mind.

:D :D :D :D

wareagle69
08-09-2007, 07:24 PM
trax what's wrong bro. is it post woods trip blues?

DEET
08-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Red Dawn was one of my favorite movies as a kid. My absolute favorite (I have to admit I still watch it) was Goonies.:D

Sarge47
08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Red Dawn was one of my favorite movies as a kid. My absolute favorite (I have to admit I still watch it) was Goonies.:D

"The Goonies" rocks dude! Right on!:cool:

Fog_Harbor
08-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I liked Red Dawn, but then my taste tends to run toward the mundane. My wife hates the fact that if I do like a movie, I'll watch it endlessly...

Anyway, I do have to admit that I kind of wished it would happen, but I was just a kid then too.

trax
08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
trax what's wrong bro. is it post woods trip blues?

I just like taking cheap shots at movie stars who aren't around to defend themselves. Probably comes from growing up in the age of the National Enquirer and the Star, lol. Don't even get me started on Tom Cruise. (Last Samurai? starring the last simpering whiner?)

Beo
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Deet, you are a goonie...lol... jk, Red Dawn was cool when I didn't know shi* about the world and thought it would cool, now as an actual happening problem, naw to many americans got guns... the cubans, russians or whomever wouldn't have to shoot us cause we do it to ourselvs all the time. Anyway I would like to see them hit the backwoods and come round up the good ole boys and take our weapons. Haaa Ha not happening from our own government let alone some forgien whack-a-do, as for Patrick Swayze he's gay just don't know it and Tom (thumb) Cruise is gay just won't admit it.... paaaaaaalease, that freak can't have a kid let alone be the Last of anything other than a Church of Sicentology freaknik punk, can't stand him. Although Collateral was a decent movie, but time to stop the Mission Impossible retard movies. Yeah Cruise is a retard :D