PDA

View Full Version : stiniging nettles

wareagle69
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
ao i thought i would try this today, first locate some spotted jewel weed i happen to have some under the little bridge leading to the horse pasture, so in pasture number 3 which i have not cut down at all this year i found some stinging nettle and purposly inflicted myself gotta say was not that bad thought it would be worse but still got a bit of a sting then applied the jewelweed and soothed it right away.

nell67
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Ouch! Glad the jewelweed worked,you masochist :D

crashdive123
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Taking one for the team, eh?

wareagle69
07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
well just between us i've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks just finally got the gumption to do it today and wasn't like i had heard but maybe i don't react like my neighbor does, will have to do it again only rub allot more of it, and just noticed today that chicory closes up guess it makes sense just like dandelion

Ridge Wolf
07-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Taking one for the team, eh?

What a guy!! Now I don't have to.... :D

wareagle69
07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
next i guess i'll have to eat them, let ya know next friday how that goes so stay tuned boys and girls, but i'll probably post that in wild edibles my journey thread.

wareagle69
07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Ouch! Glad the jewelweed worked,you masochist :D

masochist of course i'm a masochist i'm married aren't i crap here she comes where's the delete button no not print delete oh quick run away and hide

nell67
07-20-2008, 06:49 PM
masochist of course i'm a masochist i'm married aren't i crap here she comes where's the delete button no not print delete oh quick run away and hide

Man,she and I are going to have a LONGGGGGG talk when I get up there!

wareagle69
07-20-2008, 06:57 PM
denial denail denail denial, and i ain't talking about a river in egypt

danmc
08-12-2008, 06:22 PM
ao i thought i would try this today, first locate some spotted jewel weed i happen to have some under the little bridge leading to the horse pasture, so in pasture number 3 which i have not cut down at all this year i found some stinging nettle and purposly inflicted myself gotta say was not that bad thought it would be worse but still got a bit of a sting then applied the jewelweed and soothed it right away.

been meaning to do that myself. When I was a kid there was a huge patch of nettles behind the church. My brother and I used to take it and wipe it on each others forearms (forcibly). We're much nicer to each other now.

Rick
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
While I was hiking out Monday I passed the largest patch of jewel weed I've ever seen. My luck, my son had the camera. There was both spotted jewel weed and pale jewel weed in the same patch. They were all blooming. Really, quite pretty.

Ole WV Coot
08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I am afraid to ask how you check to see if your knife is sharp and arrows are pointy. I don't even want to get into firearms, I don't want to know.

bulrush
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I must say I was the one who posted this idea here several weeks ago. It worked for me, I'm glad it worked for someone else.

Ryleyboy
08-16-2008, 08:04 PM
what is a JEWLEWEED? it takes stinging nettle away? becuase if it does i need that.. everytime i go hiking i find the odd raspberry bush go down to pick one and the plant infront of it that my hand always hits is stinging nettle.

canid
08-16-2008, 08:09 PM
the juice from dock leaves [genus Rumex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumex)] will work aswell.

Rick
08-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Try the search engine, Ryleyboy. There are several threads on it. It's also in the plant database including pictures. You can also Google it.

Ryleyboy
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Ok thanks .. but on the threads i searched it doesnt say were it is grown .. anybody know if its grown in saskatchewan..

bulrush
08-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Jewelweed grows in damp but sunny areas, like on the edge of streams or rivers, or on the edge of woods. It likes rich soil. It grows in the same places as poison ivy and stinging nettle.