PDA

View Full Version : How to Post Information to the Forage Database

Rick
07-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Go to the database at:

http://www.wildcrafting.net

From the Main Menu at the top choose: Submit New Plant (See Picture 1 below).

Enter the necessary plant information in each section.

Upload the first picture in this section (additional pictures will be loaded later).

Click Submit New Plant button at the bottom of the screen (See picture 2 below).

If you receive an error that states: Invalid File Type the picture you are trying to load is too large. you will need to resize the picture to the standard sizes the forum will accept: (See red bar at top of picture 3 below). For a .jpg type file, this is 19.5 KB. See Managing Attachments for more information and other types of files.

Once you have successfully uploaded the information and the first picture, you will see your plant listed. You may now want to add the keyword. Keywords are words used to search for information relating to a topic. A keyword doesn't have to be a single word - sometimes it can be a phrase such as "white flowers". If someone is trying to identify a plant that has white flowers they can type in the keyword and all the flowers that have the keyword "white flowers" will be displayed. It's just a way to search the database. (See Picture 4 below).

If you have additional pictures to upload, now is the time to do it. Click on Add Your Own Inf. (See picture 4 below).

Click on the "Browse" button (picture 5 below) and find where your pictures are stored on your computer. Add the picture just as you did with the first one. AND, you must add a caption to the picture or you will receive an error.

Then click on Submit New Plant at the bottom of the screen (See picture 5 below).

Repeat for each additional picture you want to add.

oneraindog
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
thanks for the info! how do you pin a location in the google map section?

Ken
05-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks! "Posting 101 For Dummies." I needed that........ :blushing:

Rick
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Uh, I'm not sure. It used to be there. I've sent a note to Chris. I think something has changed.

crashdive123
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
thanks for the info! how do you pin a location in the google map section?

I think (not sure) that you have to go here http://www.wildcrafting.net/forage/ to post a location.

Rick
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
mumbles something about a smart................Huumppf!

crashdive123
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Just goes to show you - even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Ken
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Just goes to show you - even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Yep. It happens.

Rick
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey, I'm old, okay? I forgot about the web site. I went out there and pinned the plant and then forget all about it. Did I mention I forgot the web site? What were we talking about?

crashdive123
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I thought we were talking about snaring squirrels.

oneraindog
05-19-2009, 09:03 PM
ok i see now. i was thinking there would be a way to post while viewing the map of plants already pinned. but i see you have to choose the plant thats already been listed, view its map, then add a pin. got it.
maybe a nice feature would be to be able to add a location pin of a plant while viewing the main locator map?