PDA

View Full Version : My turn for a brutally sarcastic thread!

spiritman
08-08-2007, 04:25 AM
So like I'm totally planning on this tubular wilderness trek across like the universe and I'm going to leave behind like my WHOLE BRAIN to test my limits (for the sake of argument)! And of course everybody who is somebody will come because well like totally everyone will want to after they take out their brains! Also nobody can have anything else either! That would be crazy and no fun! And lets be serious for a sec here, everyone is going to have fun when we travel the universe with the cosmic beings and sacred angels and holy thingummies of a higher spiritual level!

Ok so first we have to find someone who can remove a brain and leave a living shell that knows to bring a knife...

trax
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Like...totally

texasboy
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Whats the point of this thread?

DEET
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
You might want to let us know what your sarcasm is directed at so we can better get the point.

spiritman
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
You may have to read a few threads and the forward of 98.6 Degrees to get everything but mostly just "If U Got LosT And U Could Have 1 Thing What Would It Be"

survivalhike
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I think that bringing nothing to a survival trip is absolutely stupid unless you are good enough to bet your life on it. I have a friend who is a SERE (survival and some other stuff) trainer in the Armed Forces and he told me about what I named "survival with a safety net." I am going to pack in everything that I could ever need and try to use as little of it as possible. This way I can try everything but not be stuck up a creek if I am unable to do it. Fire without matches is not a problem that might cause hypothermia or death if you are carrying matches in your pack. The same goes for fishing for food. I'm not a big fan of hunting unless there is a real (non-practice) need for getting food, but I am not above fishing. If I can't catch fish for dinner then I can reach into my pack for a Mountain House freeze dried meal and I won't go hungry. Survival with a safety net. My eventual goal is to leave with a 65 pound backpack that only gets opened to pull out my small survival kit and nothing else.

Sarge47
09-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I think that bringing nothing to a survival trip is absolutely stupid unless you are good enough to bet your life on it. I have a friend who is a SERE (survival and some other stuff) trainer in the Armed Forces and he told me about what I named "survival with a safety net." I am going to pack in everything that I could ever need and try to use as little of it as possible. This way I can try everything but not be stuck up a creek if I am unable to do it. Fire without matches is not a problem that might cause hypothermia or death if you are carrying matches in your pack. The same goes for fishing for food. I'm not a big fan of hunting unless there is a real (non-practice) need for getting food, but I am not above fishing. If I can't catch fish for dinner then I can reach into my pack for a Mountain House freeze dried meal and I won't go hungry. Survival with a safety net. My eventual goal is to leave with a 65 pound backpack that only gets opened to pull out my small survival kit and nothing else.

Survival, Escape, Resistance, and Evasion. There's even a Military manual on that available from Amazon.com I think.;)