PDA

View Full Version : How to post pictures

donny h
08-08-2007, 03:42 AM
Inspired by the outdoor photo thread. I've never tried to teach this, I hope I don't make a mess of it.

The first step is to organise the pics you may want to use, put them all in one folder, and they probably need to be resized.

Go to the folder with the pics, right click on a pic, select 'resize pics', select the small size 640x480 and click ok, a small copy of the pic will appear in the same folder.

Click and drag your mouse across a group of pics, then right click, to resize them all at once.

Organise all these new, smaller pics into a folder of their own, to avoid confusion later.

Most forums, including this one, require pics to be posted on the web, not on your pc. Many photo hosting services are out there, like webshots and yahoo photo, I'd suggest using this one, it's easy:
http://photobucket.com/

It's free, all you need is an email. You can make your photobucket (PB) albums private, requiring a password to view, but then you can't hotlink to forums like this, so it defeats the purpose.

Don't post pics you don't want the whole world to see, because they might.

I'd suggest editing license plate numbers and addresses out of pics posted online, I'll do a follow up post on how to do that with mspaint, which you might all ready have on your pc.

Let's say you now have an account at PB, and you're logged on, click on 'my album', scroll down to 'my sub albums', on the right is a box for 'new sub album title', enter the name of your new album, hit 'submit', the new album will appear, click on it, the new screen should read 'upload to:yournewalbum'.

Hit the browse button, look through your files and find the pics you want to upload, double click on the pic and it's title will appear in the PB upload box. Repeat until done, I think 20 pics at a time is the maximum.

Now click the 'upload' button, and wait for PB to do it's thing.

Now the pics are on the web, and need to be hotlinked to this forum. The web address of the pic must be posted here between two sets of brackets, with the letters 'img' between them, like this:

[IMG]web address of your pic[IMG]

PB makes this easy, go to your sub album, below each pic are four choices, the bottom one is 'IMG code', left click on it and a little yellow window will tell you 'copied', come here to where you want to post the pic, right click, and 'paste'. Hit enter on the thread, and you're done.

There is a button above to 'insert image', what that does is adds the brackets and IMG to your post, if your not using PB you may want to go that route.

To post pics that are on the web, but not at PB, go to the pic where ever it is, the pic itself, not the folder it's in, and look at the web address above, right click on it, copy, come here, hit the insert image button, and paste the address into the box, make sure that there is only one set of- http:// at the beginning, hit ok, and you're done.

Jeez, I hope that makes some sense at all to y'all, it is the wee hours here...

Feel free to test picture posting in this thread.

spiritman
08-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Thanks Donny! Your the greatest!

donny h
08-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Thanks Donny! Your the greatest!

Ah, spiritman, someone else in the mountain time zone is up late.

Sucks about those miners, huh? It's got me to thinking about survival methods a guy would/could use in a mine collapse scenario...

...and it's just ugly, any way you slice it.:(

spiritman
08-08-2007, 04:00 AM
What miners? I have been pretty busy, I see the news every week or so.

donny h
08-08-2007, 04:15 AM
What miners? I have been pretty busy, I see the news every week or so.

Oh man. The Crandall Canyon mine down by Huntington had a collapse, six men are trapped, going on 48 hours now, rescue efforts are frantic.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1598942

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1593132

spiritman
08-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Holy crap! A WEEK AWAY FROM RESCUE! That's some seriously bad news. It makes me wonder what kind of emergency supplies they keep around in there.

wareagle69
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
okay i found a folder in my old school bag stuck some pics in it and dragged it all over didn't seem to help much.

seriously how do you get the pictures into the computer?

nell67
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
For starters you're gonna need a scanner to get them pics onto your computer!

wareagle69
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
yep i gots me one of dem dare thangs.

so just scan the pic?

Tony uk
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Its easy to post pics all you need is either the IMG code, Html or the url the you paste whichever you need to your post and it should apear as long as the format,size as so on is compatible with whatever your posting the pic on