PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Egg

Rick
07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
The next time you fry eggs while you are out camping and you want the perfect egg without having to turn it over (spatulas are so hard to find in the woods) just place a lid on the pot for a few seconds. Cook the egg until it is done to your liking then add the lid. The hot steam will cook the top of the egg in an instant leaving no runny whites but the yolk will be runny. Works at home, too.

Chris
07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
..personally I like to show off with my one handed omelet flip... I only fail to catch it about 10% of the time, not too shabby.

Rick
07-13-2008, 07:40 AM
So about 10% of the mornings you go without breakfast, right? Nice book title: Eggs in the Campfire or How to Pick Dirt Off Your Breakfast. That conjures up images of Osmosis Jones.:D

dilligaf2u2
07-20-2008, 06:55 PM
They are called scrambled eggs people! Some bacon bits and some green chillie. Breakfast is ready!

Don

smokelessfire
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
my wife has been using the spatula i made for her for over a year now and loves it. it was a foot long stick of birch about an inch and a half wide, i split i lenghtwise with my knife, shaved off the bark, then whittled it into shape. nice smooth round handle, nice flat blade. you can use a wider piece of course. easy spatula in the wild.