PDA

View Full Version : Two-handed Rope Chain

Pict
07-03-2008, 07:21 AM
In addition to teaching us the "Paulista Transport Knot" (AKA Truckers Hitch, Waco Hitch, Dolly Hitch, or Wagoneers Hitch). Irmani, our trucker, also showed us how he stores his long ropes in the truck. His ropes were in this configuration when he arrived, while I had mine in a doubled over single hand chain. A single hand chain is easier to do but the resulting chain is much longer and takes longer to make.

By using a Two-Handed Rope Chain the rope can be left in a pile or a sack with other ropes and won't tangle. The chain is loose enough to allow the rope to dry easily preserving it's strength. It is very fast once you get the rythem down. He makes it look easy in the video and it is, once you get the hang of it.

Two-Handed Rope Chain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmo8e5U3Y90)

Mac

crashdive123
07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks for another one Mac.

tacmedic
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Cool vid, thanks for the slow motion that made it a lot easier to see.

Pict
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
He was explaining exactly what he was doing when he was going slow but the translation went, "See here, you go like this, see... and then you go like this...see...just keep doing it, see." I thought, hmm, subtitles won't really shed much light on this, I'd better slow him down. Mac

Beo
07-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Great vid, thanks Pict.