PDA

View Full Version : primitive day at the eagles nest

wareagle69
06-30-2008, 09:02 PM
so started the day eating wild mushrooms then went to the bush and did trail matainance pulling braken ferns by hand on the trails out to my wild strawberry patch picked some and some blue berries.

so started fire with my flint and steel it really feels like cheating it has gotten so easy for me( remember folks i hadn't started a fire other than matches for wood stove so it is easy just dedicated 08 as fire year) got the fire going cooked a big slab of ribs cooks mushrooms and onions and garlic in cast iron pan and cooked beans in the can in the coals

also burned to cast iron pans in the fire brushed with stiff brisstle brush then added oil to reseason my pans

did use a hand can opener though need to figure a way of opening can without pooching my blade, but all in all fun day

now that being said i'm friggn tired all that maintainance and picking and collecting firewood and working the horses, imagine doing it on a daily basis?

crashdive123
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
A hand can opener?????? Blasphemy!!! Ahhh just cary a little P-38. Sounds like you had a great day. Glad you enjoyed it.

jrock24
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a nice relaxing day.

wareagle69
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
saw a guest veiwing this so i pulled it up man was that a year ago already, well the berries are behind schedule this year

Ken
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
so started fire with my flint and steel it really feels like cheating it has gotten so easy for me( remember folks i hadn't started a fire other than matches for wood stove so it is easy just dedicated 08 as fire year) got the fire going cooked a big slab of ribs cooks mushrooms and onions and garlic in cast iron pan and cooked beans in the can in the coals

Thanks for the invitation to dinner. :sneaky2:

oneraindog
07-01-2009, 10:42 PM
WE i want to buy you a camera. you get in to too much good stuff to not be documenting it for the rest of us :)

crashdive123
07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
WE i want to buy you a camera. you get in to too much good stuff to not be documenting it for the rest of us :)

He lives in Detroit - he's just making all this stuff up.

Schleprok
07-01-2009, 11:45 PM
WE, sounds like a great day to me

vthompson
07-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Sounds to me like you had a jim dandy day. I hope that you had fun.

Mountain Man
07-02-2009, 01:44 AM
You are free to come here and do "trail matainance" except we have ferns and black berries that need pruning as well as some trees!!

My dog got caught up in the blackberries ON the trail the other day :( Felt bad for him, I can't believe how much stuff has overgrown since this hot weather set in! My back trails are not even walkable right now let alone ATVable.