PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

spiritman
08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
If you were to call a turd by any other name it would smell as... You get the idea. I am often curious about the stories behind screen names, and there usually is one. Mine was the nickname that stuck after a camp out that we gave everyone names based on what that person was like or something they did. I went through 4 that trip but now spiritman is my name to those guys whenever I see them. anybody willing to share theirs?

nell67
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
mine is my name plus the last 2 digits of the year I was born ,pretty easy to remember that.

owl_girl
08-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Mine is because I like to stay up all night and sleep in, so dose the rest of my family. Also I got some inspiration last year when a pair of owls were nesting it the woods across the street, I use to hike up there and follow them around. Once the babies were flying I’d follow their calls until I found them, I loved watching them.

spiritman
08-03-2007, 06:23 PM
mine is my name plus the last 2 digits of the year I was born ,pretty easy to remember that.

Nice and simple

spiritman
08-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Mine is because I like to stay up all night and sleep in, so dose the rest of my family. Also I got some inspiration last year when a pair of owls were nesting it the woods across the street, I use to hike up there and follow them around. Once the babies were flying I’d follow their calls until I found them, I loved watching them.

Thats cool, owls used to nest in my friends backyard in a big pine. we would sleep out on my trampoline and they would fly back and forth between his place and a gully a couple times. Owls are a huge predator of game that ppl often wrongly blame falcons and hawks for like ducks rabbits and even chickens. They are amazing!

owl_girl
08-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Thats cool, owls used to nest in my friends backyard in a big pine. we would sleep out on my trampoline and they would fly back and forth between his place and a gully a couple times. Owls are a huge predator of game that ppl often wrongly blame falcons and hawks for like ducks rabbits and even chickens. They are amazing!

And cats lol, a couple nights ago my friend’s kitten was sitting on the windowsill and an owl flew into the window twice.

wareagle69
08-03-2007, 07:19 PM
mine comes from the military part of the 101st airbourne division(screaming eagles) war is the first 3 letters of my last name and 69 is when i was born

Sarge47
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
(Deep sigh) Okay, ya shamed me into it. The numbers are, obviously, the last two digits of my year of birth. Back when I was a "half-ling", or, if you prefer, "knee-high to a grasshopper", I liked to play "soldier", although I was always a Marine! I put my own squad together and we killed all kinds of make-believe enemy. I was their leader so they all called me "Sarge". I've always had this knack of being able to assess people's strengths and organize them into groups, and always, so far, with positive results.:o

spiritman
08-03-2007, 08:29 PM
lol THATS why you said not to ask? I don't see a reason for any embarrassment. Sure took a lot to drag it out of you at the end there.

wareagle69
08-03-2007, 08:29 PM
ehh speak up old timer i can't hear ya

nell67
08-03-2007, 08:34 PM
now Sarge see that wasnt so bad was it LOL

FVR
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
FVR are my initials.

I've have been called many things in life, my three favorite are; Daddy, Honey, and Marine.

Sarge47
08-03-2007, 10:22 PM
FVR are my initials.

I've have been called many things in life, my three favorite are; Daddy, Honey, and Marine.

I hope it wasn't your fellow marines calling you the 2nd one.:rolleyes:

FVR
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM
LOL, Sarge, your killing me.

eddiec
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm sure you all can figure out mine. Actually, I am called this because there are several Ed's in my life. My dad's name is Ed,so is my grampa, my best friend and his dad.It's utter chaos when we are all together. So came the advent of the first letter of my last name. I am eddie c, my best friend is eddie d, and our respective fathers are fondly known as "Big Ed".

Fog_Harbor
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I live in San Francisco - 'nuff said

tarheelfan
08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
University of North Carolina...big basketball fan

Baxter
08-08-2007, 12:34 AM
the name of Ron burgundy's dog in anchor man....and apparently baxter speaks spanish, has eaten an entire wheel of cheese, and pooped in the refrigerator..... :D

troutndeer
08-08-2007, 12:40 AM
I catch alot of trout and I hunt alot of deer.

tarheelfan
08-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Baxter the name of Ron burgundy's dog in anchor man....and apparently baxter speaks spanish, has eaten an entire wheel of cheese, and pooped in the refrigerator.....

Haha...wow...thats a classic.

troutndeer I catch alot of trout and I hunt alot of deer.

Simple and effective..lol

Texan
08-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Mine im afraid is also painfully obvious.... I was born and rasied
""DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS""

trax
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Cuz I'm pretty good at following them in the wild. I was interested in what spiritman said, I have other names, obviously, we all have, but I mean other than what I was born with. I did a four-day fast/vision quest to be awarded my "spirit" name, it doesn't get used in public. But it does involve America's symbol there wareagle old buddy!

prrrfukt
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
mine is hard to explain, it doesn't mean im perfect but more that im not. the prrr is from an old nickname "kitten" that my boyfriend used to call me when we first started dating and the fukt is because i am sort of off balanced in life many people might just call me crazy but all geniuses are i suppose ;) hehe just kidding ...or am i..? i dont even know anymore!
anyway ive also had other nicknames and one of them was twinkie! because i was always the youngest one in my group...it got shortened to twinks though :P

Rick
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Okay.....I'm restraining myself.......I won't go for the twinkie joke.....won't do it.....not going there.......

prrrfukt
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Okay.....I'm restraining myself.......I won't go for the twinkie joke.....won't do it.....not going there.......

i remember one of my friends made up a song called "shes got the cream filling" it was really cute too!

Rick
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
(sweat breaking out on forehead)....ain't going there. not gonna do it.........restraining.

prrrfukt
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
hahaha *pets the Rick*

wildWoman
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I prefer to paddle into town and elsewhere instead of driving the motorboat; with my kayak I am completely at ease, nothing to break down on it, I understand its and my own limits whereas I'm in a state of war with the motorboat. Just about everybody here prefers motors over paddling, so they started calling me "that wild woman" because they imagine that somehow paddling in the wild is more difficult or dangerous than being motorized. Quite the opposite, in my opinion.

Sam
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
It's my name, I use it all the time. ;)

Rick
02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Ditto. What he said.

wareagle69
02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
hey kitt er i mean prrfukt did you ever live in ohio?

Sourdough
02-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Hopeak is the name of my company, which is named after the nearest village, Hope, Ak.

crashdive123
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Mines a submarine thing. Or was it my first car???

Rick
02-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I suppose one of the benefits of being in the sub corps (is that a real term?) is that you don't have to swab the decks. That's sort of automatic, isn't it?

And are you sure you want to use the terms "mine" and "submarine" in the same sentence? I didn't think they went together.

crashdive123
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
And are you sure you want to use the terms "mine" and "submarine" in the same sentence? I didn't think they went together.

Sure they do.

ONCE!:eek:

pocomoonskyeyes
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok this is going to sound weird - Poco is spanish for small. So my reasoning makes sense to ya'll, My username is my stallions registered name and one that is highly unlikely to be taken whichever website I go to.
My Stallion is a registered Paint tobiano (APHA) poco was in both sire and dam's names, he has two partial blue eyes. One of his eyes the blue is crescent shaped kinda' like a crescent moon. Hence Poco-moon sky(for the blue)eyes. Because of space requirements on the registration form I ran it all together, OR pocomoonskyeyes! You can see a picture of him in my album running across the pasture. Since Paints are commonly associated with Native Americans, and his gr gr grand dam was Cherokee Maiden I wanted a name that sounded Native American. Whew, thats the longest explanation yet on this thread,and I'm tired from "pecking"!!!:sweatingbullets:

OhioHillbilly
08-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay. This is gonna get confusing....stay with me.......

rebel_chick
08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I um...guess I am a rebel at heart... How lame does that sound! I don't live or wasn't born in the south (although much of my family was) I still seem to have a bit of that twang and well I guess I leave it at that. I also seem to be attracted to the deep south Texan boys...Last two have been anyway. Crazy, I don't go lookin' fer 'em! I don't know why it is really, my other...um um um...social network... I am arab_lover but for, i am sure, obvious reasons, I didn't think that would fly here. My arabs are my fav. horses, but...ya, didn't know how many people would think that.

doug1980
08-07-2009, 11:38 PM
My first name and year I was born. Very simple because I have so many accounts I can't possible remember them all unless it's simple.

SARKY
08-07-2009, 11:42 PM
kind of a shortened version of my last name. In the military you tend to be called by your rank and last name. My last name was kind of long so everyone shortened it and it took

Ole WV Coot
08-08-2009, 12:11 AM
All you need to know about me is on the left side. No birth year number, don't like that AD or BC after the date.

Winnie
08-08-2009, 04:48 AM
My name is taken from the name of the woods near to where I grew up Witchwoods. That was already taken so I changed the spelling. I like to take a bit of home with me wherever I am!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
08-08-2009, 08:09 AM
It is pretty simple but then that is the way I like it!

2dumb2kwit
08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Ummmm.......

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7995

Ken
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Ummmm.......

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7995

Well, 'nuff said there. :innocent: