PDA

View Full Version : Knives made for Grandson

Ole WV Coot
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
LARGEST SKINNER, marked the way he wanted SMALL Neesmuk style-will probably use more. Both heat treated, tempered, LARGE SKINNER: treated & tempered, mustard coated blade, maple handles with 3 coats of super glue, epoxy plus brass pins, lanyard hole is 22mag case, sheath is marked by him. SMALL NEESMUK STYLE- maple handles, stained & finished with super glue also. Blade x-tra hard, vinegar coated. They are both users, hardened in 30w motor oil. He likes pouch sheaths & so do I. Rick, haven't had a chance to copy Brazilian folder yet.:D:D I have been making users for a long time. I am too cheap to take an expensive knife and use and abuse it. They ain't that pretty as knives go but they sure can cut & hold an edge.:) I JUST NOTICED HAD DEAD BATTERIES IN SINCE MAY:confused:ANYWAY I TOOK THESE TODAY

Rick
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Actually, my friend, I would be proud to own those. They are not only functional but nice works of art; knives and sheathes. You did a very nice job.

As for the batteries, mine started running down about the time I turned 50.:o

crashdive123
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice work. Now if you could just train them to look for relatives that have been lost.

Rick
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Notice how I was kind enough to let that go?:rolleyes:

Ole WV Coot
06-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Notice how I was kind enough to let that go?:rolleyes:

Yes you did miss an opportunity, but I think you knew "someone" would remember. I do have a bounty (small) on the gun.:D

nell67
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Love the knives Coot!

bladefrenzy
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Nice Nessie's!

Ole WV Coot
06-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks, guess several of us make our own in our spare time. Can't make any money at it. I enjoy making my own so I can get what I want. Next I am gonna make a a hand ax, just need to go to a friend's and use his plasma cutter, truck spring is tough to get to shape. If I ever get it done I'll post it if it's any good. I always liked the Neesmuk style blade.

bladefrenzy
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
My Son in Law has a plasma cutter. What I love about them is the only mess the HT up by around a 1/4 of an inch, so if you cut stuff out oversize and it already has a decent Heat treat you can just carefully grind it down to size and ta da ready to grind ad finish.

Ole WV Coot
06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
My Son in Law has a plasma cutter. What I love about them is the only mess the HT up by around a 1/4 of an inch, so if you cut stuff out oversize and it already has a decent Heat treat you can just carefully grind it down to size and ta da ready to grind ad finish.

Thanks, that's one I didn't know. A little cool work with an angle grinder and should make a decent head for almost anything plus a nice little hand axe that I will make a couple of just for grins:D

Gray Wolf
07-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Very nice work Coot!

rebel
07-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Nice work!

91g-dub
07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Great work Coot, I'm sure your Grandson will carry that proudly for many years to come.