PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Morel!

Sarge47
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
We actually have a company specializing in teaching, hunting, and selling anything morel related, here in Illinois.:cool: They're out of Magnolia, Ill. and they're called "Morel Mania, Inc.". Their web-site, for anyone interested, is www.morelmania.com.:D

ryaninmichigan
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I love hunting for Morels. Grew up hunting them, walk through the woods with my dad and two burlap sacks

wareagle69
08-03-2007, 07:16 PM
did more research about what you said on the morrels being hollow turns out that you are correct (not that i doubted you just always like to confirm info)turn out that catapillars love to hang out inside extra protein i guess thanks for learning me some

spiritman
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Now I'm confused. Which one is hollow and which one is solid?

Sarge47
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Now I'm confused. Which one is hollow and which one is solid?

If I'm understanding right, the TRUE Morel is the hollow one. Anyway, those are the ones I've eaten for over 50 years now. Sorry, I forgot you live in Utah, probably don't have any Morels down that way, huh?:confused:

wareagle69
08-04-2007, 09:21 AM
sory let me clarify it is the treu morrel that is hollow, and no not that i have ever scene spiritman correct me if i am wrong although when i lived in the southwest in my 20's i wasn't into the wild edibles the way i am now

spiritman
08-04-2007, 03:21 PM
If I'm understanding right, the TRUE Morel is the hollow one. Anyway, those are the ones I've eaten for over 50 years now. Sorry, I forgot you live in Utah, probably don't have any Morels down that way, huh?:confused:

Nope I've only seen pictures but they intrigue me as much as ginseng. It makes me wonder just how good they are, that they are actually hunted. Almost makes my mouth water just imagining how they could taste

Sarge47
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Nope I've only seen pictures but they intrigue me as much as ginseng. It makes me wonder just how good they are, that they are actually hunted. Almost makes my mouth water just imagining how they could taste

People either like 'em, or they don't. I've seldom met anybody who could take 'em or leave 'em, and actually met one guy that wouldn't even try 'em because he thought they looked like little brains. Someone had given him a bag full that he gave me. If you ever get over to the mid-west in early April to mid-may you might try to find some folks to help you out!;)

ryaninmichigan
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
There hollow. here in Michigan morel season is a big deal. Like sping deer hunting i guess. a typical michigan dinner woudl be vennison, morels, and wild leaks. Nothing better

wareagle69
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
i will agree on that, once in arizona went to hunt camp with a friend that afternoon he took a cow elk his wife cooked up the liver right away with fresh onions and mushrooms was one of the best meals i ever ate(funny how eat and ate have the same letters and yet spelled differently mean something else i cannot think of another word like that)

always be prepared