PDA

View Full Version : four day weekend

trax
08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm out. Friday to Monday, going to get the outside of my canoe all wet and hopefully not the inside. Thought of all the people I'd like to invite with me and decided on....no one:)

If I'm really lucky I won't run into any rampaging animals with big teeth, mighty claws or hooves or rifles. I do try to avoid those rampaging type animals. I'll probably get to drop in here tomorrow before I go, but I have some extra work to catch up on too, so, not as much as I generally enjoy hanging about here.

donny h
08-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm out. Friday to Monday, going to get the outside of my canoe all wet and hopefully not the inside.

Sounds like a great time, have fun. Do you fish from your canoe much? Do you have greyling in Manitoba?

If I'm really lucky I won't run into any rampaging animals with rifles.

If you run into a rifle wielding bear, that is news...:)

spiritman
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
rampaging animals with big teeth, mighty claws or hooves or rifles

Sounds like your describing the creature from Beowulf

Strider
08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
If you run into a rifle wielding bear, that is news...:)

That would be kinda odd...

Have fun, trax... I'm just wondering, what kinda canoe do you have? We have 2 Mad River Canoes Adventure 16, I think.

Fog_Harbor
08-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm out. Friday to Monday, going to get the outside of my canoe all wet and hopefully not the inside.

Isn't getting the inside wet too just part of the fun?

trax
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys, I'm just ticking off the hours here, trying to pretend I care about what's going on at work, my stuff is packed and ready to load. Grayling are farther north than me, donny. The canoe's a 15 1/2 foot Coleman cheapie, but it's wide girth and handles well and is lightweight. I figure I can pack out moose in it this fall. The rifle wielding animals I was concerned with are apparently "the most dangerous thing in the woods"

If I see a rifle weilding bear I'm going to laugh at him and point out that he doesn't have articulated knuckles and opposable thumbs so the rifle won't do him any good. Then I'm going to run like h###. Don't think the creature from Beowulf (Grendel?) had a rifle spiritman, lol

Hopefully, the inside of the canoe will NOT make contact with the surface of the lake.

spiritman
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Ah but Grendel has thumbs and so did his mother! He used them when he picked up warriors so he could tear them in half! And if he had a rifle it would have to be REALLY BIG!