PDA

View Full Version : New Pass Around Knife

Beo
06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't know what hapened to the last Pass Around Knife... Got so much added to it it became like the Ranger Rick Necklace, full of junk although ours was useful. So I am starting a new Pass Around Knife, if you wanna get in on this let me know, I'll be taking it on my trek on the 20th 21st and 22nd of this month and then giving my review of it. Then in a PM send it to the next guy or gal in line who can run it through the ringer and give feedback and add some kit to it. Sign up below and I'll start the list.
Beo,

The cold Steel Mini Bushman with hallow handle and leather sheath. It can be used as a spear if needed and things can be stored in the handle.
Features a 4.75 in. SK-5 high carbon steel blade and a 4.38 in. hollow handle. Comes complete with a leather sheath.
Here is what it looks like so far but may be a bit used after I get done with it on a three day trek.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4492/coldsteelqz1.th.png (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coldsteelqz1.png)

KT_Cobra
06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Hmm... this sounds like a good idea, but I'll have to pass as this is only my first time seeing this idea (still new around here). I'll keep an eye on this post to see how it goes. Don't want any bad impressions if I break the blade.

Rick
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm working on the older pass around knife. Trying to get it back in circulation.

bladefrenzy
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I like the mini Bushman. Funny , one of the only knives I like from CS is one of their cheapest. I abused both Bushman knives for quite a while and never a problem at all.

Rick, was the other one damaged in the passaround or something? If so I can help ya fix it up if ya need me too. Later, Steve

Sarge47
06-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Wild Goth just PM'd me earlier for my address to send me the 1st Pass-Around Knife; so it's still in circulation. Put me on the list, Beo, just in case. BTW, who's in line for the 1st knife after me?:confused: Owl Girl, if you're out there, plese check in. You're our designated drawer for the knife. Also a new member by name of Omid is asking questions about using a magnifying glass for starting a fire.:cool:

Gray Wolf
06-10-2008, 12:43 AM
If possible I'd like to participate in the pass around knives (both the first and second one). If I'm able to be involved in the pass around project, I have a few items (ie; Knives and a rare multi-tool I'd be willing to pass around. I would also like to get more new pass around items from the companies that make them to get involved with us in this project. I've been involved (at a Board member level) with many non-profits, so I have experience with dealing with these large Co's, and don't mind doing it as long as the G-ds here have no problem with my doing it. I think we have a lot of very experienced and knowledgeable members here that would benefit them (the manufacturers) in return. Just let me know.

dragonjimm
06-10-2008, 01:14 AM
the bushman was one of my first kit knives i loved it was able to keep a razor sharp edge on it. the deep belly made slicing a joy i used it to cut up the carpet in three rooms of our house to remove it. never sharpened it the whole time and it never went completely dull.
only thing i didnt like is that the sheath is really designed to be worn indian fashion thrust between the belt and pants :eek:

handle tip for the pass around

a. wrap the handle with hockey stick tape at least two to three passes then wrap a layer of paracord to it. this gives you a comfortable handle and if you have to take the paracord off you still have the tape to protect your hand from a cold or hot handle. dont use duct tape as this is too slick.
a piece of broom handle makes and excellent extension allowing you to use the knife as a machete or a short handled spear. i used about a 12 inch piece
I never kept any kit items in the handle even though i had a rubber plug to fit it.

Gray Wolf
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Chris, you have my email addy, send me an email with your phone # or if you prefer, just ask for mine, so I can explain the process and let you know my experience in that area and what I've done for the non-profit orgs. It's much easier to talk on the phone. We also might wind up with more advertising spots that help to pay the costs of running the forum. Looking forward to talking to you.

1stcavmp77
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
how do you get involved with the pass around knife and what is required of you to do when you recieve it?

grundle
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Please consider me for either pass around list. PM me or whatever

crashdive123
06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Sarge - Here's the list for the original.

1.FVR
2.mitch.chesney
3.Sarge
4.RobertRodgers
5.woodwose
6. Wildgoth
7. Beowolf

Not sure where it's been other than WG had/has it last.

Ameriborn
06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Don't sign me up for anything here, but is the idea of this to pass the knife around and see what each person can add to make it like a survival kit knife? Just trying to figure out what you're doing.

crashdive123
06-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Don't sign me up for anything here, but is the idea of this to pass the knife around and see what each person can add to make it like a survival kit knife? Just trying to figure out what you're doing.

Here's the tread that started it all. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=853&highlight=pass+around+knife

catfish10101
06-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey guys, put me on the list for the second knife. I got a couple ideas for it.

Sarge47
06-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Sarge - Here's the list for the original.

1.FVR
2.mitch.chesney
3.Sarge
4.RobertRodgers
5.woodwose
6. Wildgoth
7. Beowolf

Not sure where it's been other than WG had/has it last.
Hmmm, well I know that 1, 2, & 6 have had it..any others?:confused:

1stcavmp77
06-10-2008, 09:52 PM
i would like to be put on the list if it's not too late.:cool:

awfoxden
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
i would also like to be involved if i can. pm me with the details.

Beo
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Never had the 1st knife, but I was gone for a while, pass me up respectively.

Sarge47
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Never had the 1st knife, but I was gone for a while, pass me up respectively.
I don't know if Woodwose is even around any more; how about Robert Rodgers? I thought I saw a recent post by him.:confused:

Rick
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Woodwose was on about a week ago and RR was just on around noon.

catfish10101
06-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Someone should "sticky" this thread so we can find it easily. Just a thought.

dragonjimm
06-11-2008, 10:40 PM
could we gat a picture of the first knife...

sorry didnt check the thread....:D
but if there have been any modifications to it i would be interested to hear them...

Beo
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't forget to check the thread on the rules of the 2nd pass around knife.

Rick
06-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I have stuck this thread, the rules for the second pass around knife and the thread on the original pass around knife.

dragonjimm
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
i couldnt stand it...here is my bushman i carried this for a year or more as my primary sharpie. i used hell outta this knife bear in mind i didnt abuse it. its cleaned more then a few fish and small game. the compass pouch was held on with paracord wrapped around the sheath and a smaller sheath in front held a two blade trapper.

enjoy

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/47/1029046jn0.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1029046jn0.jpg)

HOP
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Dragonjimm great loking job on your bushman the sheath also looks like a great piece of work.
I wish some on had a mini bushman to put up for pass around but they are discontinued and pretty hard to find.
Put me in for the 2nd pass around knife , if one of the canucks or sour doughs want to try the knife put me in line so I can seen to them (happy to pay postage to them) I already have one of these knives but would like to se some of the modifications and such.

catfish10101
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks Rick, you're a sticky genious. LOL

MANABA
01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I am interested on being on this list. PM me if you need address or anything. Thanks:D

Sarge47
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I am interested on being on this list. PM me if you need address or anything. Thanks:D
Since Beu has left us to go abroad I'm not sure just what is happening with this.:cool:

Ken
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Will someone please pass that knife to Rick? :innocent:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fzRB6yUoKCk/R1ivYGPREuI/AAAAAAAAAA4/rYa6T_kPab0/s320/Knife_through_hand.jpg