PDA

View Full Version : So.................

FVR
07-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Just curious, why don't ya'll fill out your bio's?

Always nice to know who ya may be speak'n with.

trax
07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Impatient to get started posting, lazy and lax being my operative words for the day. I'm writing from work, I should be working. I'll get one of those things one of these days that'll get so many things done for me. What do you call them? Oh yeah, a round tuit, one of these days I'll get a round tuit :D :D

Go Wolfpack!

Strider
07-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Most ppl probably don't fill out personal info because the internet can be a real hazard. For all we know this site (I don't think it really is, of course) could be an info collector site that sells it to other ppl. Once the right person has your personal info, they have an advantage in many ways over you...

ATough
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
thats why I dont fill it out.

ATough
07-30-2007, 04:53 PM
but I dont have a credit card I dont even have a drivers license.

Strider
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes, volwest, some of us do that, but not all. I don't have a card or DL yet cause I'm not old enough. Your age, on the other hand can be given to predators on the web, and with that and maybe a birthday or other things like where you grew up... I dunno... I guess if you want stuff like that make a new thread like all intros for everyone...

ATough
07-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes, volwest, some of us do that, but not all. I don't have a card or DL yet cause I'm not old enough. Your age, on the other hand can be given to predators on the web, and with that and maybe a birthday or other things like where you grew up... I dunno... I guess if you want stuff like that make a new thread like all intros for everyone...

thank you.

zadig39
07-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey man why all the questions! Do you know me, do I know you? Are with the government? "Volwest" a likley name. Your not wearing a wire are you? No I'm not paranoid, just mildly retarded.

Sarge47
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM

I agree with our young teen wolves here. I've been watching the MSNBC series on internet predators and you just can't be too careful.:eek:

Strider
07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I apologize Volwest if I offended you. I'm just stating the truth about the internet. Thanks sarge for seeing my point! :)

owl_girl
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
That’s true there are risks. It would be nice to see the age and hobbies of other people, sense those ones are less risky. But if you are worried about the risks, especially if your young don’t feel pressured. I'm comfortable enough to have my bio filled out but obviously there’s info I wouldn’t give (like my name) though I’m comfortable with you guys, its not just the wolf pack that reads the forum.

Sarge47
07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
That’s true there are risks. It would be nice to see the age and hobbies of other people, sense those ones are less risky. But if you are worried about the risks, especially if your young don’t feel pressured. I'm comfortable enough to have my bio filled out but obviously there’s info I wouldn’t give (like my name) though I’m comfortable with you guys, its not just the wolf pack that reads the forum.

Owl Girl is not only a member wolf in the pack, she is as wise as the bird who's name she carries, along with a large machete!:eek:

ATough
07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
machete? *runs and hides behind sarge.*

owl_girl
07-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Lol thanks Sarge :D

wareagle69
07-31-2007, 05:33 PM
i was actually thinking about starting a thread like this.
being new to computers i didnt realize about all the predatory crap that goes with it, i personally was just curios about backgrounds, for those who want to share.

me personaly i was born in canada and raised in the states then moved back to canada a few yrs ago i served in the army and received excellent training there, i was a pro bullrider for a while and have also competed in cage fighting,now iwork as a plumber and gasfitter and my wife and i volunteer many hours caring for injured and orphaned wildlife,she likes all animals but i specailize in moose (ask owl girl she'll tell ya lol) and bears and two skunks who think i am papa

as you all know who read my posts i always advocate two things

1-rangers lead the way
2-always be prepared

so i will add another for our wolf cubs (as was brilliantly already coined)
always be safe..

FVR
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm game.

Grew up in NJ, after hs I joined the USMC. Spent 8 yrs in, 3 yrs in 1st Recon where I had a whole lot of fun.

I've lived in NJ, S Cal., Md, and now Georgia. I enjoy the outdoors so much, that I gave up an office job to work as a tech year round outside.

If I'm not outside, I'm dying.

My kids love me.

My wife thinks I'm nuts.

My dogs only like me when I have treats.

The hamster bites me and I ignore the fish. Although, a little La. hot sauce and those fish would be a might tasty.

Oh yeh, Rangers are okay and I'm always prepared.

Sarge47
07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I've always been a social mis-fit/non-conformist. At 19 I found myself in the Job Corps and did some great camping around McCoy Wisconsin. A very beautiful state. At 21 I was a Hippie and a semi-alcoholic. By 29 I found Jesus as my Lord and savior and was delivered from alcohol completely and I've never looked back. I have a small dog and I love cats as well but my wife can't be around them because of her severe asthma. I dig most kinds of music, but none of the stuff my grandmother listened too. I've been in film and stage, have done some decent vocal stuff and really dig the outdoors. I'm a tough chess player and a fair magician. I've left the insurance field to drive buses, which I really enjoy. Any questions?:confused: :confused:

Strider
07-31-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll talk... I was born in Florida, grew up in Florida till 5 or 6 ish, then moved to South Carolina because of a job offer. I totally stink at math, love science and computers/technology of any sort, enjoy learning about history because history repeats itself, (supposedly) and when I'm older, I'm going outta the states and going to live permanently in New Zealand.

Fog_Harbor
07-31-2007, 09:06 PM
I actually did fill mine out. If they're gonna get your info, they'll get it anyway. The net is anonymous, but there really are no secrets.

Case in point, I was looking up car insurance online, and a company called me on the phone while I was doing it and told me they saw that i was doing just that, and they had a quote for me.

As for survivorman being too young and vulnerable, i think the fact that he mentioned it at all negates that debate (not saying there are NO young and vulnerable people out there...).

Texan
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Heres mine,,,,Born and raised in Central Texas grew up on a Ranch and have been in love with the outdoors since I was born. I had my own boat when I was 8 years old and spent as much time as I could fishing. Went into construction as Welder when I was old enough to work and have done that for the last 12 years. And I am currently going back to college to get a bachelors degree in Drafting and Design. I have a wife and 2 kids and some dogs and cats. Hobbies
..... Astronomy
..... 1951 Willyz Jeep
..... All types of Iron works
My biggest headache comes from maintaining our livestock and oddly enough they are also one of my greatest joys.

Ken
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs133.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) Anybody up for this?

Sourdough
06-12-2009, 08:49 PM
86 the "About Me" in the Member Profile. and replace it with their Member Introduction. Encourage good Introductions. If someone asks a question, and they have given no useful information about there skill-set, age, experience.....just answer: "Assuming you are an 11 year old sissy, my advise is".......and when they get indignant, say do a good introduction.

Ken
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
This is my first post. My name is Ken. I am an 11 year old sissy without any wilderness experience. Tomorrow, I am going to travel to the north pole from New Jersey via Brazil (lost my map) on a quest to find Rudolph. I will only take the clothes on my back and a knife with me. I am sure I will survive the journey, because I have been lurking here for 3 days and have become an expert. Just one question. What type of knife should I take? Will this one work? http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50262320/Plastic_Knives.jpg

Pal334
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank you Ken,most enlightening. ,I think with enough practice that knife will be your best friend :)

Ken
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Thank you Ken,most enlightening. ,I think with enough practice that knife will be your best friend :)

Thanks for the advice, Mr. Pal. I'll try to check in when I arrive in Mombassa.

Ole WV Coot
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
If my name, where I live & grew up and what I have mentioned about the occupation I retired from ain't enough, and I did "work" for Uncle Sam ain't enough with the "work" off limits I think what I have learned could help someone. That's enough. Except I still learn from you folks.

Rick
06-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Coot - I've check the "Official Telephone Man's Guide to Proper References" and it says that neither of us are permitted to use our name and the word "work" in the same sentence. I just broke out in goose bumps typing it.

Sam
06-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Coot - I've check the "Official Telephone Man's Guide to Proper References" and it says that neither of us are permitted to use our name and the word "work" in the same sentence. I just broke out in goose bumps typing it.

Isn't work the other four letter word you don't wanna get all over you?
-Sam

Rick
06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Well...I must not know because my boss was always asking me if I understood what the word "work" meant. I generally explained that it was a short pause between breaks but for some reason that was never the right explanation. So I must not know.

Ole WV Coot
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM

I had a momentary lapse of memory. I read it again and I am surprised it wasn't edited or the whole post deleted. I apologize for the four letter word. I only heard my boss say it and ignored it naturally. I guess I spent too many years in manholes sniffing gas. I did truly humiliate myself.:blushing:

COWBOYSURVIVAL
06-13-2009, 10:07 AM
36 worked in the steel industry since I was 17. Traveled the world growing up an AF brat. Raising a wife a 5yr.old little girl 3 horses a donkey and a dog and 2 crawfish. Hobbies include huntin' fishin' 4 wheelin' trucks, campin'. I hate cutting grass more than anything! A bit of an artist, I paint, carve, you name it.

FVR
06-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I did the steel industry for a year, then the copper for 5. To this day there is just something about molting steel or copper.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I did the steel industry for a year, then the copper for 5. To this day there is just something about molting steel or copper.

Yes there is FVR it gets in your blood. You can never learn all there is to know, I think that is why I enjoy it.