PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Wolf Pack!

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
As you may or may not know I'm now referring to this group as "The Wolf Pack".
I feel that it gives it an identity and if anyone has a different suggestion, or has any problems with that let me know, I'm not stuck on it, just thought it would be kinda cool and help solidify us as a "survival" group. I thought of expanding it a bit but am stuck on a couple of choices so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Here's the choices:

1.) Wolf Pack Survival Group

2.) Wolf Pack Survivalists

3.) Wolf Pack Survival Corps

Someone originally posted that they thought of themself as a Jaguar, and we even had discussions on Bears, Moose, and Wolverines (This one was used in the movie: Red Dawn.) I also thought thought coming up with a Logo in the form of a shoulder patch would also be cool but lack the artistic talent to do so myself. Anyone having any input is welcome to join in.

owl_girl
07-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I’m cool with it, wolves are my favorite animals.

wareagle69
07-28-2007, 04:50 PM
at one of the wildlife rehab centers that i work with they have about 25 wolves mostley all seperated in different pens but at night when i am sleeping out there with my calves and we hear the howling it is something one never forgets, as those wolves are loosley associated with each other as are we in this forum i say yes it fits

ATough
07-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I love it works for me.

nell67
07-28-2007, 06:32 PM
sounds good to me to.

tarheelfan
07-28-2007, 07:13 PM
you've got my vote...

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 08:39 PM
As you may or may not know I'm now referring to this group as "The Wolf Pack".
I feel that it gives it an identity and if anyone has a different suggestion, or has any problems with that let me know, I'm not stuck on it, just thought it would be kinda cool and help solidify us as a "survival" group. I thought of expanding it a bit but am stuck on a couple of choices so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Here's the choices:

1.) Wolf Pack Survival Group

2.) Wolf Pack Survivalists

3.) Wolf Pack Survival Corps

Someone originally posted that they thought of themself as a Jaguar, and we even had discussions on Bears, Moose, and Wolverines (This one was used in the movie: Red Dawn.) I also thought thought coming up with a Logo in the form of a shoulder patch would also be cool but lack the artistic talent to do so myself. Anyone having any input is welcome to join in.

Great! Which name works best? And what about a patch design? Maybe a cool wolf design in the center with the name encircling it somehow? Whatever, c'mon guys, help me out. Isn't there an artist out there? Les Stroud designed the "Survivorman" logo. :>)

ATough
07-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I like (Wolf Pack Survival Corps)

wareagle69
07-28-2007, 09:20 PM
about 20 yrs ago i got a tatoo on my bicep of a wolf sitting on a rock with an orange moon behind him, what i had the artist do was then flip the tat upside down so as to show the same thing but reflecting in the water above i wrote lone wolf below says wild n free

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
about 20 yrs ago i got a tatoo on my bicep of a wolf sitting on a rock with an orange moon behind him, what i had the artist do was then flip the tat upside down so as to show the same thing but reflecting in the water above i wrote lone wolf below says wild n free

Sounds cool! anybody got any other ideas? Also got one vote on "Wolf Pack Survival Corps" (hmmm, "Wolf Pack Survival Club" might work also.)

tarheelfan
07-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Im liking both pretty well but i guess i'm goin to go with "Wolf Pack Survival Group" for my vote...

spiritman
07-29-2007, 12:10 AM
I like everything but 'club' but I like 'group' more than the others. Is there a name for a dominant wolf pack, if so that would be a cool title. How about a dominant troop of monkeys? jk

wareagle69
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah i have to agree i think gruop sounds better than club

trax
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
You have to kill something, you can club it to death, but not group it to death:D Just wolf pack sounds best to me, we all know what we do. I've been up close and very personal with wolves in the wild twice in my life, they are far and away my favorite animal.

Strider
07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Wolves are my favorite animals, just Wolf Pack sound ok... it's not like we're some sorta organization, right? :)

ATough
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
ask the sarge we just might be.

FVR
07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Here, one of you computer wizards take out the writing on the bottom and you have a patch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/200.jpg

ATough
07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
cool maybe if someone does they can fix the mouth.

Sarge47
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I like Wareagle69's description best of how wolves are. Here's my own definition, for what it's worth. A Wolf thrives best out in the wilds, They form packs when they have to, yet are equally okay going solo. They're preyed upon by the world who fears them as a danger, yet that has never proven justifiable.
They live in and for the outdoors.

There are many here who, if put in the same room could, in my humble opinion, give any accredited survival school good competition. I call you all the "Wolf Pack" and feel honored to be numbered among you. I am not your superior, not even sure if I should call myself a peer. I learn much from all of you and hope that you all can learn something from me. The term "Wolf Pack Survival Group" is simply creating a metaphysical entity, in my opinion of some social misfits who somehow wound up on the same forum together and can stick together dispite many differences.:p Which speaks to the issue of "group survival." And now I'l get back to being humorous.:rolleyes:

FVR
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing, funny looking mouth.

I just don't have an updated corell draw and really don't want to buy one. Someone has to be a computer guru.

spiritman
07-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm no computer expert, I did this with paint so don't expect a miracle

spiritman
07-30-2007, 11:50 PM
The fact that it's an attachment and not just in the message like a lot of other ppls photos proves my non computer guru-ness

ATough
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
much better.

Fog_Harbor
07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm partial to just plain "Wolf PacK" simply because of the 'crazy wacko' connotation of the word 'survivalist'.

trax
08-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm kind of partial to the "crazy wacko" connotation that goes with "survivalist":) :) (I think it's part of that "social misfit" thing that Sarge and I agreed on)

HOP
08-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Wolf anything works for me. My mexican wolf/Shepherd named Cisco Kid thinks so to but he is partial to Wolf Pack.

Sarge47
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
"Wolf Pack" wins by a nose! It got more votes than any of the others!:cool: