PDA

View Full Version : Fish at home

johnsteve
04-22-2020, 08:58 AM
There is a youtube video about a guy with his aquaponic system that uses a big fish tank to feed his hydroponic system and grow vegetables. Then on Sunday you can drop a hook in there and haul out a tilapia or a trout. Depends on the water temp as to which fish you can use. I'd like to try one of these but I bet they stink too much to be in the house.

Anyone in the forum do any aquaponics? Seems like it'd be a cool way to grow a balanced diet in a confined area.

Rick
04-22-2020, 09:55 AM
Do you do that in India?

crashdive123
04-22-2020, 12:45 PM
There is a youtube video about a guy with his aquaponic system that uses a big fish tank to feed his hydroponic system and grow vegetables. Then on Sunday you can drop a hook in there and haul out a tilapia or a trout. Depends on the water temp as to which fish you can use. I'd like to try one of these but I bet they stink too much to be in the house.

Anyone in the forum do any aquaponics? Seems like it'd be a cool way to grow a balanced diet in a confined area.

Nah. Eat more beef. MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rick
04-22-2020, 03:48 PM
I see what you did there.

Alan R McDaniel Jr
04-22-2020, 10:09 PM
Pull out a Tilapia (with a hook?) or a trout. I wonder how he got a cold water fish and a warm water fish to survive in the same tank?

Maybe he was feeding them SPAM!

Alan

Rick
04-23-2020, 07:33 AM
Thermal zones.

LowKey
04-23-2020, 09:18 AM
Considering how freakin big the trout get in the pool at the local Bass Pro, I've often wondered about fish in the basement. All I have to do is turn off the sump pump.
(Trout fed on fish pellets tastes like dirt though.)