PDA

View Full Version : Army Survival Manual

medicyne_eagle
06-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Do not buy this manual you can download it for free at www.usapa.army.mil just click on the FM link and browse the Field Manuals. I hate it when people think they can make a buck off people when Army manuals can be found for free. For any military here as well i have the National Stock numbers for your clerk to order flints, emergency fishhooks, finger saws, and knives. I have an extensive kit and am ready for whatever disaster comes our way. Also for anyone interested I have Army survival videos and Army plant identification videos all on DVD and will be ordering more. Have a great night.
Eric

Rick
06-03-2008, 07:15 AM
You do realize that you have to have an account at the publishing center, right?

"You need to submit a DA Form 12-R.. The directive governing the DA Form 12-R is PAM 25-33. Both can be downloaded or browsed from our web site. Go through your installation Directorate of Information Management (DOIM). You can then FAX it to DSN 892-0923 or Comm (314) 592-0923, ATTN: Account Processing. To ask any questions, call a member of the Account Processing Team at DSN 892-0910 or Comm (314) 592-0910 ."

Do you sell the videos and DVDs or give them away?

Why not download yourself to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself.

Alpine_Sapper
06-03-2008, 08:29 AM
It's also freely available all over the internet...google is yo friend. However, you can read it online on the front page of the site as well.

Dennis K.
06-03-2008, 09:11 AM
The FM's appear to be password protected, although the medical bulletins are not.

sthrnstrong
06-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Mine says this on the cover. Reprinted as NOT permitted by U.S. Department of the Army, but by we the citizenry who paid for it.

My taxes have already paid for it. For the people by the people...

Rick
06-03-2008, 10:35 AM
But Japanese taxes didn't, Columbian taxes didn't, German taxes didn't. They all have access to the internet, too. I was shocked as well, who knew?

Tony uk
06-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Why would you want to download it? Its avalible on the site, All arranged in order, For free.

Alpine_Sapper
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Why would you want to download it? Its avalible on the site, All arranged in order, For free.

offline reading? transfer to a pda/smartphone/laptop?

Rick
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I must be missing something. Each are in .pdf format and require a logon and password to access. Are you able to see the actual FMs?

I've posted this site before. Steve has a bunch of manuals, probably the most complete selection I've encountered. Just adhere to his note on the main page concerning bandwidth.

http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm

Alpine_Sapper
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I must be missing something. Each are in .pdf format and require a logon and password to access. Are you able to see the actual FMs?

I've posted this site before. Steve has a bunch of manuals, probably the most complete selection I've encountered. Just adhere to his note on the main page concerning bandwidth.

I haven't even hit the site from the OP. My comment was to google it. With the exception of a few restricted manuals like 5-34, just about anything you want is on the net at places like Stevespages.com. Might be a version or two back, but the info is still valid, just not TOTALLY current. You just have to hunt a little to get caught up on anything new. I was just pointing out reasons I can see that you might want to download it. Besides, it's kinda nice to be able to print the PDF and store it with your BOB or whatever if you want to. Or just go to a freakin' army surplus store and pay $5 for it.

Rick
06-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Actually, I with you on this one. Tony said they were free so I thought perhaps I was missing something. I've downloaded just about everything I want some time ago.

Dennis K.
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Excellent resource! Thanks!

bulrush
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
A few years back I found an Army survival field manual on the internet. It covered the basics of a lot of things, but wasn't overly detailed. I wonder which link has the most detailed version?

Rick
06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
FM21-76 covers a bit of everything. It's the same one this forum is based on.

Pict
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I link to it from my blog page as well. I have it downloaded. I also own a paper copy that I bought some time ago. The paper copy is great for the throne of higher learning. Mac

nell67
06-04-2008, 01:59 PM
FM21-76 covers a bit of everything. It's the same one this forum is based on.

I have a copy my son got me from basic,along witht the first aid manual ,luckily,they were not in the house when it burned,but rather with one of my packs out in the shed for my little trips out to the woods.

medicyne_eagle
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
In reference to the question of the survival videos i order them for free so of course i give them out for free. information should always be free and survivalists should always stick together. IN reference to my background Am still active duty Army at Ft Lewis and drop my retirement packet in Nov as that will be my 19 year mark I have done 4 combat tours 2 to Iraq, was in Somolia in 93 as a medic and Kuwait in 91 as a medic. I was Wa State Search and Rescue before i joined the Army in 88-89 and was raised in the mountains on a farm here in Washington as well. Wife and I have our bug-out bags packed and after reading the medical thread, my medical kit is a mega trauma kit and too much to inventory and list. You all have a great night and any manuals you can't get but want let me know will get them for you. if you want to directly chat add medicyne_eagle to your yahell messenger. Have a great night.
Doc

Tony uk
06-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I found a site for army manuals (All american )

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/index.html

Thers some good stuff their ^^, For survival anyway

wareagle69
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a copy my son got me from basic,along witht the first aid manual ,luckily,they were not in the house when it burned,but rather with one of my packs out in the shed for my little trips out to the woods.

thats what i'm talking about w/ always be prepared i have 5 storage sheds on the property, the barn the garage the trailer and two sheds i keep books and clothing and other useful things spread out amongst them, if i lose one i still have more and that is not including the house storage or bunker.