PDA

View Full Version : Search and Rescue Management training

Rick-SAR
07-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi, I'm Rick Goodman and new to the forum. I teach Search and Rescue Management courses. Search and Rescue Basic Skills and Search and Rescue Team Leadership.

I have also taught survival for many years mostly to medical helicopter and fixed wing personnel. However, I now concentrate on teaching folks on how to manage a search or rescue incidents both wilderness and urban - I have been in search and rescue for over 4 decades and have participated in hundreds of search and rescue incidents. I retired a few years ago as the Director of Search and Rescue for the New Mexico State Police who has the responsibility for SAR in NM.

I would be happy to keep of list of some of you folks on the forum that might want to attend a training course in your area, like to be on my mailing list or would like to sponsor one of our training courses (see web site - http://www.searchandrescuetraining.com/.

Having been in a small airplane crash, I know how important survival training can be.

Thanks for letting me join this forum.

wareagle69
07-28-2007, 10:31 AM
i love new mexico, i used to ride some of casper baccas bulls down there when i lived in arizona friend of mine named ann perkins is the dj there at krst i don't know if you listen to country if you ever call in tell her you have talkrd to the looney tune cowboy she will get a kick out of it.

any how what would you recommend that i carry for a wilderness first aid kit i would prefer to build one myself since my wifes sister is a nurse i can get supplies from her.

wareagle69

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi, I'm Rick Goodman and new to the forum. I teach Search and Rescue Management courses. Search and Rescue Basic Skills and Search and Rescue Team Leadership.

I have also taught survival for many years mostly to medical helicopter and fixed wing personnel. However, I now considerate on teaching folks on how to manage a search or rescue incident both wilderness and urban - I have been in search and rescue for over 4 decades and have participated in hundreds of search and rescue incidents. I retired a few years ago as the Director of Search and Rescue for the New Mexico State Police who has the responsibility for SAR in NM.

I would be happy to keep of list of some of you folks on the forum that might want to attend a training course in your area, like to be on my mailing list or would like to sponsor one of our training courses (see web site - http://www.searchandrescuetraining.com/.

Having been in a small airplane crash, I know how important survival training can be.

Thanks for letting me join this forum.

This is so cool! Another SAR person to join our group! Pretty soon we can start our own school with all the qualified personel that we have here! Howdy fine sir, You are most welcome, by the way, do you know Cody Linden down Arizona way?

Rick-SAR
07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
No I don't know Cody Linden. I do know James Langston the Arizona State SAR Coordinator and Tim Kovacs of Mountain Rescue and a member of the Homeland Security SAR Credentialing committee - as you may know this committee is developing the new HSD standards for wilderness SAR, and of course Barney Riley one of my instructors from the National Park Service.

Who is Cody with?

Rick

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 01:15 PM
No I don't know Cody Linden. I do know James Langston the Arizona State SAR Coordinator and Tim Kovacs of Mountain Rescue and a member of the Homeland Security SAR Credentialing committee - as you may know this committee is developing the new HSD standards for wilderness SAR, and of course Barney Riley one of my instructors from the National Park Service.

Who is Cody with?

Rick
Cody is the author of the top-notch survival book: "98.6 degrees, The Art Of Keeping Your A*s Alive. He also has the Cody Lundin's aboriginal Living Skills School in Prescott arizona. More info at www.alssadventures.com. Cody's book is considered one of the best in the survival field.

nell67
07-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Rick-SAR
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Cody is the author of the top-notch survival book: "98.6 degrees, The Art Of Keeping Your A*s Alive. He also has the Cody Lundin's aboriginal Living Skills School in Prescott arizona. More info at www.alssadventures.com. Cody's book is considered one of the best in the survival field.
Sarge

I have looked for many folks that didn't read his books but should have. It's been many years since I taught survival and I'm sure a lot has happen in that field.

Rick

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Sarge

I have looked for many folks that didn't read his books but should have. It's been many years since I taught survival and I'm sure a lot has happen in that field.

Rick

By the way, my first name is Ricky, but I often go by Rick. Just thought you'd enjoy the coincidence.

Rick-SAR
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Sarge,

My given name is Richard. Have gone by Richard, Dick, and Rick. I can usually tell when I knew somone by what they call me. High school - Dick, Air Force Richard - since then Rick.

Take Care

Rick