PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

tfisher
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Just checking in.........

I have been involved in the outdoors ever since I was in grade school(and that has been awhile) Made my first survival Kit from a metal "Bandaid" box(so that should give you an idea of how long ago) in my pre-teens.

I am a tracker and coordinator of a Search and Rescue Team, a EMT(medic), and a Rescue Technician. I have had the oportunity to instruct many students in Search and Rescue, Survival, EMT and even had the oportunity to train a Marine Corps Sniper group, and Swat teams in man-tracking.

I have not drank from a cow turd or drank my own pee, but I have been in some tight situations and obviously survived.

I still consider myself a student and I learn from everyone, I just have been around longer and seen way too much, so I am by far no X pert.

My paid career is in Information Technology for the government(but don't hold that against me)

Thanks for having me!

Sarge47
07-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Just checking in.........

I have been involved in the outdoors ever since I was in grade school(and that has been awhile) Made my first survival Kit from a metal "Bandaid" box(so that should give you an idea of how long ago) in my pre-teens.

I am a tracker and coordinator of a Search and Rescue Team, a EMT(medic), and a Rescue Technician. I have had the oportunity to instruct many students in Search and Rescue, Survival, EMT and even had the oportunity to train a Marine Core Sniper group, and Swat teams in man-tracking.

I have not drank from a cow turd or drank my own pee, but I have been in some tight situations and obviously survived.

I still consider myself a student and I learn from everyone, I just have been around longer and seen way too much, so I am by far no X pert.

My paid career is in Information Technology for the government(but don't hold that against me)

Thanks for having me!

Welcome sir, you sound like just the sort of person we need around here; welcome to the "wolf pack".

trax
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
You get right back out there and drink from that cow turd young man! lol, Seriously though, sounds like you've got a lot of information that we can use and hopefully some of us will have some we can offer. Welcome and---I used to use those metal BandAid boxes for basic survival gear and fish hooks etc when I was a kid, too. They were really handy

nell67
07-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!

wareagle69
07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
to bad it was a group of jarheads,but welcome anyways

will have questions about wilderness first aid

rangers lead the way

wareagle69

FVR
07-27-2007, 07:14 PM
That's Marine Corps.

Welcome.

Look forward to getting some good info from you.

Sarge47
07-27-2007, 07:22 PM
You get right back out there and drink from that cow turd young man! lol, Seriously though, sounds like you've got a lot of information that we can use and hopefully some of us will have some we can offer. Welcome and---I used to use those metal BandAid boxes for basic survival gear and fish hooks etc when I was a kid, too. They were really handy

Whatta ya talkin' about: When you were a kid? I've recently thrown a couple of those together. Wal-mart still sells Bandaids in a metal box in their drugs & beauty dept.

tfisher
07-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Yes Corps Sorry......Don't want to mess with Marines. I should have enrolled in Survival Spelling..........

Thanks

They still sell Metal Bandaid boxes, I will have to check that out!

tennecedar
07-28-2007, 12:54 AM
hi guys, just joined the forum. tfisher sounds like a kindred spirit. i've got ten years search and rescue in tennessee. 3 years instructing. swiftwater is my thing. emt license expired only because i can't afford to work for ems wages. keep my medic bag in the truck. i've been reading posts all night and like what i read. hope to share what little i know while learning from those that have the experience.

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Yes Corps Sorry......Don't want to mess with Marines. I should have enrolled in Survival Spelling..........

Thanks

They still sell Metal Bandaid boxes, I will have to check that out!

You old "Devil-Dog you! ;>) By the way, as I posted elsewhere in this forum, if you're a big "R. Lee Ermy" fan and haven't seen the movie "Saving Silverman" be warned! That movie could scar you for life as far as the old "Gunny" is concerned! ;>)

Sarge47
07-28-2007, 01:46 AM
hi guys, just joined the forum. tfisher sounds like a kindred spirit. i've got ten years search and rescue in tennessee. 3 years instructing. swiftwater is my thing. emt license expired only because i can't afford to work for ems wages. keep my medic bag in the truck. i've been reading posts all night and like what i read. hope to share what little i know while learning from those that have the experience.

Welcome to the "Wolf Pack" Tennesee, How's it going? Pull up a rock and squat for awhile!

tfisher
07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks Tennecedar
I can sure relate to the EMS wages thing. (Low Pay ....No Pay)

I will probably try to pick your brain on your Swiftwater skills.
My Search Team has been using Side Scan Sonar for Search and Recovery.

But the Rescue unit I am attached to occasionaly has a Water Rescue.